X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's me.

But, that also means a void when she's off to school.
    The hardest part for me was the fact that college season is over by November. I took up new activities on the weekends in the spring when there was no real soccer (spring games weren't terribly exciting). Built a garden. Took on some house projects that I'd been putting off. Started golfing more. Not all bad, but I do miss the trips to NY/NJ/PA that were good for bonding and listening to books on tape.

Comment

Soccer in our house is kind of a family affair, in that we all enjoy to watch and play it. We haven’t really sacrificed more than we would for any other leisure activity. I would love to someday volunteer for a cause that levels the playing field for underprivileged kids in sports like soccer.

Comment

as someone said I definitely would want to wean off my addiction to TS. I might need professional help!

Comment

You do miss the fun stuff (one of mine was on a state champ HS team; sorry it's a blast) and certainly time with your player in the car, watching them play. You tend to forget the negatives like hours stuck in traffic on a holiday weekend, the lousy hotels and crap food on the go, freezing/sweating your azz off. I do look forward to not having to spend holiday weekends on a soccer field. I've only one more to go so I'll enjoy what's left. I won't lie - it's not easy when they go away to school. Not because of soccer but you miss the little buggers.

Comment

My Wife knows what's coming.
            #FrankThomas

Comment

#FrankThomas
              ^^^^^^

Comment

#FrankThomas
                Why the wait ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X