Girls Development Academy expanding age brackets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American way. Money equals opportunity with very few exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I can't disagree with you on this statement because its really true. The best kids will never be seen as long as club fees are what they are. And sure there are clubs that do give scholarship's but its the travelling that will still hinder the not so privilege. Its cost way more to travel in these leagues than the cost to be a part of the club.

To the poster above......I wouldn't say that that its a "CRAP" league or leagues but more or less just another league that is there and the only really special thing about either of them is that they have a name that people recognize. It really only works if you are talking to someone that really hasn't a clue about either league or the real benefits. If you think recruiting is a draw verse one league from another then I would say that you are again not in the know, because college coaches could really give a rat's butt on what league you are in, they are looking for PLAYERS or in my words BALLERS and not LaVar Ball's Baller brand lol. Just look at the teams rosters and look up and down the roster. Not every kids comes from the ECNL or GDA.
      No the other poster is right - in the NE it is crap. Beating up on poor quality teams 7-0 isn't good for anybody. The region's "top" teams don't perform well against national peers. Yes what you say about coaches not caring about the league is true,; they shop for talent. But clearly many still buy into the GDA sales pitch otherwise they wouldn't keep writing checks. But maybe after this second lackluster year more will start to wise up.

Comment

But not all.
        Is it partly cloudy or partly sunny?

Comment

No the other poster is right - in the NE it is crap. Beating up on poor quality teams 7-0 isn't good for anybody. The region's "top" teams don't perform well against national peers. Yes what you say about coaches not caring about the league is true,; they shop for talent. But clearly many still buy into the GDA sales pitch otherwise they wouldn't keep writing checks. But maybe after this second lackluster year more will start to wise up.
          Doubt it....no where for the wise to go anyway.

Comment

Why do the ECNL trolls want the DA to fall apart so bad? You do realize if it did fall apart, your ECNL coaches will drop most of your "stars" in a second to scoop up available DA players.

Comment

This is a great debatable topic because if you look around other regions you will scores that resemble what you post above so its not that the NE is crap but in what you write I would say every region is crap. Although I disagree with the crap statement I will say that.........sure you will have your teams that are just far ahead of others and yes scores will be lopsided. Are all games that way..........no they aren't but some yes. I think the NE region does very well outside the area. Now does our region win the National Championship every year.............no we don't, well not in all age groups but we do win from time to time just like some other regions. When I speak of Region I speak of lets say Northeast (NY/NJ, Pa, Conn, Mass) we do very well believe it or not. And I see we both somewhat agree that College coaches are looking for players not teams. Lets be honest the GDA is always going to be a sales pitch because parents want to belong to the "CLUB" or have the right to say that their kid plays for or in the GIRLS DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY which is the "US SOCCER" league. Or my kid plays in the ELITE CLUB NATIONAL LEAGUE which is the "BEST" league for girls soccer. Either way you want to spin it lol lol its a sales pitch.

Comment

Why do the ECNL trolls want the DA to fall apart so bad? You do realize if it did fall apart, your ECNL coaches will drop most of your "stars" in a second to scoop up available DA players.
                Those of us with more competitive/talented players would welcome a consolidated league vs. the watered down mess we have with a large gap in talent. At least with the current situation, the crazy parents don't all have to be together.

Comment

You misunderstand. Good riddance to both They are basically the same thing.

If it were all localized, plenty of players from both leagues would not be playing in the top division and there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Put all the fish in the same big pond and it would sort itself out more by strength of talent and interest, not bank account.

Comment

We want substantial improvement in the landscape, not more of the same. As soon as USSF announced the number of clubs and who some of the clubs were it was clear where it was going. I don't think many anticipated how quickly some of the country's top clubs bailed out. Replacing those clubs with much worse clubs just insured a downhill spiral unless something is done pull it out. They talk a good talk but their actions speak volumes.

Comment

Those of us with more competitive/talented players would welcome a consolidated league vs. the watered down mess we have with a large gap in talent. At least with the current situation, the crazy parents don't all have to be together.
                      I agree with that. What's funny is 1/3 of them would be out of the the "top" program altogether. So, look at your team and your kid, and ask yourself if you should be REALLY crapping on the other club as they may be taking your spot...

Comment

I agree with that. What's funny is 1/3 of them would be out of the the "top" program altogether. So, look at your team and your kid, and ask yourself if you should be REALLY crapping on the other club as they may be taking your spot...
                        Game on. Let the best rise - no problem with that at all. Kind of the point of healthy sports competition.

Comment

Game on. Let the best rise - no problem with that at all. Kind of the point of healthy sports competition.
                          100% agree with that.

I just think some will be surprised with the result....

Comment

100% agree with that.

I just think some will be surprised with the result....
                            I dont really think so by teen age. maybe a few. by this point, the players themselves can sort it out pretty well. old school method of picking captains and have them alternate choosing players would probably be pretty effective. too brutal but it would work.

Comment

I dont really think so by teen age. maybe a few. by this point, the players themselves can sort it out pretty well. old school method of picking captains and have them alternate choosing players would probably be pretty effective. too brutal but it would work.
                              I actually saw it happen before. Club started to consolidate players from different areas into their "Main" club. Eight of those kids had been together since U-littles. After the consolidation, two didn't make it two more became bit players. They were shocked, and frankly pissed off about it. The two bit players' parents felt that those who have been around for a while should be the "starters".

Fools.

Comment

It seems like it would work but the only thing is that you have the same eyes looking at the same kids and then what do you have? Its kind of the whole whoever you have a better relationship with or the player you are more familiar with that gets the nod. You can put all the "TOP" players on one field for a tryout and I would bet that you would still miss 1/3 if not 1/2 of the better players because its all about who is choosing those players and what "THEY" see in that player that maybe someone else may not see. Anyone that thinks that's not true............cmon you only fooling yourself with that. I always use this story to tell folks when it comes to soccer. Once I was at a track meet and I was told that this girl (that I know) was super fast and was going to dominate in track and field because on the soccer field she was soooo fast. Well I saw the girl on the soccer field and I always thought she was "QUICK" or QUICKER than most of the other girls.......but then who was I comparing it to..........so at this track meet I saw her line up for the 200 meters and I was sure that she might do well but I had in the back of my mind that this may be the proof that I was looking for to drive home my point that sometimes the EYES can lie to you and sometimes the EYES can really fool you because of the emotions and relationships we build. Lets just say she finished last in that heat that wasn't even the fastest heat. My point is that who is to say what is the TOP or what is the BOTTOM when it comes to sports like soccer, basketball, football etc. When you have the same eyes looking at these players its always going to be screwy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X