Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    UConn lost their two best players with the most points from 2017 to ACL tears in the Spring. Both were All Conference Players. VB and KE. Made things very hard for the coach.

I will say though that during the coach search most of the girls I talked to on the team did not want MR. They cited that they preferred to have a male coach which I found very interesting!
    So is your daughter excited about playing with the national HS player of the year next season?

Comment

UConn lost their two best players with the most points from 2017 to ACL tears in the Spring. Both were All Conference Players. VB and KE. Made things very hard for the coach.

I will say though that during the coach search most of the girls I talked to on the team did not want MR. They cited that they preferred to have a male coach which I found very interesting!
      Any idea if those two players are returning? If so, that should make a difference. How’s the incoming class looking? Besides the kid talked about already.

Comment

Any idea if those two players are returning? If so, that should make a difference. How’s the incoming class looking? Besides the kid talked about already.
        Unlike many other D1 programs who have already announced their 2019 recruits, UCONN has not. The only have announced JM.

Comment

So is your daughter excited about playing with the national HS player of the year next season?
          of course she is-she is a good player as are all the incoming recruits and can only help make the team better

Comment

Unlike many other D1 programs who have already announced their 2019 recruits, UCONN has not. The only have announced JM.
            If they haven’t announced them, it likely means the rest are walk ons who didn’t sign NLIs. Can’t release any names unless a student has signed an NLI or deposited at the school. Maybe they haven’t been admitted yet in order to deposit? Some schools wait and release all recruits at once.

Comment

Making me feel old!! I was a member of the men's team in recent years.

Comment

Yes, they are returning! Hopefully, they healed well.

Comment

If they haven’t announced them, it likely means the rest are walk ons who didn’t sign NLIs. Can’t release any names unless a student has signed an NLI or deposited at the school. Maybe they haven’t been admitted yet in order to deposit? Some schools wait and release all recruits at once.
                  They probably haven't been locked everyone in. A new unproven coach will make some hesitate, possibly change their minds

Comment

They probably haven't been locked everyone in. A new unproven coach will make some hesitate, possibly change their minds
                    I think they were talking about UConn, not SH.

Comment

I think they were talking about UConn, not SH.
                      Yeah, that too. New coach didn't exactly knock it out of the park this year did she?

Comment

You talking about JM right? ...she's a baaaaaller, who wouldn't.

Im glad she's coming and i hope there's other recruits just as good.
                        Someone on the other thread suggested she should have gone to Williams, isn't that a snob school for rich kids? how many Black & Hispanics kids are at Williams?

Just sayin

Comment

You talking about JM right? ...she's a baaaaaller, who wouldn't.

Im glad she's coming and i hope there's other recruits just as good.
                          Someone on the other thread suggested she should have gone to Williams, isn't that a snob school for rich kids? how many Black & Hispanics kids are at Williams?

Just sayin
                          On average as a race, African American kids have a 946 day score. So there is a reason. Williams is a highly selective college.

Comment

On average as a race, African American kids have a 946 day score. So there is a reason. Williams is a highly selective college.
                            That is boarder line learning disabled at staples high.....just sayin

Comment

That is boarder line learning disabled at staples high.....just sayin
                              Border .. genius

Comment

Yeah, that too. New coach didn't exactly knock it out of the park this year did she?
                                Guess it depends on the side of the fence you are sitting on. On one side, you could say the recruits brought in were hers since she was the primary recruiter for years. On the other, the HC ultimately has the final say and maybe the previous coach made some questionable decisions. If you side with the latter, then you need to give her some time to mold the program into the way she wants it. The AD must have some faith in her or he wouldn’t have hired her coming off a less than spectacular previous season. Personally, I’m rooting for her so I’m siding with the latter. A new coach needs a few years to ge their own players in and develop a system of play. Last year’s and this year’s class fell under the previous regime. Two more classes from now, we will tell the direction of the program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X