Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barca Pro vs. SUSA FC: Where will the first game be played?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This thing is not getting done. Prospect Sports is already setting the table to break contract with the landowner. Obviously no one on this thread is privy to the rental agreements but we can parse together from news accounts and press releases several things.

1. There was a rental dispute with months of back rent not paid. Since then legally mediated.
    2. To assist in rent payments, Prospect Sports was suppose to sell sand on the lot which it can’t because of safety issues.
    3. Prospect Sports may or may not still be on the hook for past and future rents as per these rental agreements without receiving a nickel of revenue from the property.
    4. FCB is in contract with Prospect Sports to receive royalties and a percentage of profit without any financial consideration toward the facility development.
    5. We are currently 16 months removed from summer ‘17 tryouts and the facility presentation.
    6. Considering the difficulty in delivering one field what other obstacles will hinder the completion of this project as originally intended and will that effect the long term feasibility of the project.

Lastly - Has anyone actually put any thought into why the academy changed names
    I have no interest in Barca, but this is a meaningless post.

Points #1 & 2 may be factual but without direct knowledge of the economics are meaningless.
    Point 3 is clearly speculative.
    Point 4 is well known and has been debated ad naseum. While FCB has no direct financial investment, they clearly have invested a significant intangible asset, i.e. their name and brand. This was reinforced with the "Pro" designation clearly differentiating from licensed schools.
    Point 5 appears to be math. The presentation also says Sept '19 whole facility inauguration, so there was no stated milestone at Oct 18.
    Point 6 is a valid question that remains to be answered.

I don't know why you continue to post so negatively. LI soccer needs something to kick it in the rear because it woefully underperforms the rest of the tri-state area.

Frankly we want these super-clubs to gain real, true footholds in the US. They are realizing there is true talent in the US, and without solidarity payments, it's cheaper than anywhere else.

Comment

Yes say's me, and anyone else who has actually been to the site in the last few weeks. Which you are obviously not in the category of, since you wouldn't be running your mouth if you have.
      So please post a picture. That’s all, end of discussion.

Comment

So please post a picture. That’s all, end of discussion.

1st. No Pictures will be posted...This is not Instagram, this is a public forum for crazy soccer parents like our selves.

2nd. You are not entitled to anything....If you want a picture...be a man and go get it yourself.

3rd. and most important....STOP WHINING...its pathetic.

Comment

This thing is not getting done. Prospect Sports is already setting the table to break contract with the landowner. Obviously no one on this thread is privy to the rental agreements but we can parse together from news accounts and press releases several things.

1. There was a rental dispute with months of back rent not paid. Since then legally mediated.
          2. To assist in rent payments, Prospect Sports was suppose to sell sand on the lot which it can’t because of safety issues.
          3. Prospect Sports may or may not still be on the hook for past and future rents as per these rental agreements without receiving a nickel of revenue from the property.
          4. FCB is in contract with Prospect Sports to receive royalties and a percentage of profit without any financial consideration toward the facility development.
          5. We are currently 16 months removed from summer ‘17 tryouts and the facility presentation.
          6. Considering the difficulty in delivering one field what other obstacles will hinder the completion of this project as originally intended and will that effect the long term feasibility of the project.

Lastly - Has anyone actually put any thought into why the academy changed names
          There have been many questionable posts about Barca, but this is by far the dumbest thing I have read on this site, ever. With no first hand knowledge whatsoever about Barca or Prospect Sports, or seemingly anything other than a calendar, points 1-4 and 6 are absolutely made up, the ramblings of someone so consumed with Barca that they would spend several hours or days making up a six point list to take Barca down a peg (see what I did there, made something up, list it as a fact and hope that everyone believes me; now that you see it being done to you, doesn't it seem insane?)

In fact, this is so dumb, it has to be the work of a troll, there is no other reasonable explanation; so congratulations; the above indicates that you got me and I did take you seriously, which you obviously did not intend because, as noted above, the post is the dumbest thing on this site, ever.

Comment

There have been many questionable posts about Barca, but this is by far the dumbest thing I have read on this site, ever. With no first hand knowledge whatsoever about Barca or Prospect Sports, or seemingly anything other than a calendar, points 1-4 and 6 are absolutely made up, the ramblings of someone so consumed with Barca that they would spend several hours or days making up a six point list to take Barca down a peg (see what I did there, made something up, list it as a fact and hope that everyone believes me; now that you see it being done to you, doesn't it seem insane?)

In fact, this is so dumb, it has to be the work of a troll, there is no other reasonable explanation; so congratulations; the above indicates that you got me and I did take you seriously, which you obviously did not intend because, as noted above, the post is the dumbest thing on this site, ever.
            If consider all the points that the poster notes as “Dumb,” you might be a bit naive.

Comment

If you follow the Barca thread and all the links to Newsday articles and Barca Press releases you would know that the poster’s points are referenced from there.

They do owe the landlord rent. That was in the paper. They couldn’t sell the sand, that too was in the paper. Prospect Sports and the landlord, Pistelli, were in mediation to get pay back rent, guess were that came from, that’s right, that was in the paper too. His points are just rephrased.

Your dumb because you only read these posts. Do some homework knucklehead.

Comment

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-isl...cer-1.18748187

Comment

If you follow the Barca thread and all the links to Newsday articles and Barca Press releases you would know that the poster’s points are referenced from there.

They do owe the landlord rent. That was in the paper. They couldn’t sell the sand, that too was in the paper. Prospect Sports and the landlord, Pistelli, were in mediation to get pay back rent, guess were that came from, that’s right, that was in the paper too. His points are just rephrased.

If you like Barca or Not...it does not matter...Barca is here to stay (and probably for a very long time)....Only knuckheads like your self would spend all this time looking for newspapers that are often times only printing fake news so knuckleheads like your self can read and say really...oh i'm so offended....get a life troll and stop hating....this is great for LI soccer if you are a fan of barca or not (persnally i hope susa is successful with there facility as well)...this is great for our soccer community.

Comment

Oh my God, you got me; I did not realize all of that "was in the paper". So I guess you believe that Dennis Rodman is an alien; hey, it was in the paper. Didn't anyone ever teach you to not believe everything you read in the paper? Now that I know what I am dealing with, I take back my second paragraph, with one amendment to the first paragraph; the original post is now the second dumbest thing I have ever read on this site; congrats, you just took the lead.

Comment

Oh my God, you got me; I did not realize all of that "was in the paper". So I guess you believe that Dennis Rodman is an alien; hey, it was in the paper. Didn't anyone ever teach you to not believe everything you read in the paper? Now that I know what I am dealing with, I take back my second paragraph, with one amendment to the first paragraph; the original post is now the second dumbest thing I have ever read on this site; congrats, you just took the lead.
                      That guy is some dumb...Probably a Hillary supporter spreading fake news!!! Dennis Rodman is an alien...did you not see the movie Men In Black :)

Comment

The only difference between any post on this forum and what’s in the news is that the news isn’t written anonymously. I give that a little more credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          oh my god, you got me; i did not realize all of that "was in the paper". So i guess you believe that dennis rodman is an alien; hey, it was in the paper. Didn't anyone ever teach you to not believe everything you read in the paper? Now that i know what i am dealing with, i take back my second paragraph, with one amendment to the first paragraph; the original post is now the second dumbest thing i have ever read on this site; congrats, you just took the lead.
                          dont believe everything you read

Comment

dont believe everything you read
                            i don't believe you.

Comment

No, no, it’s “Don’t believe everything you read,” said Unregistered.

Comment

The only difference between any post on this forum and what’s in the news is that the news isn’t written anonymously. I give that a little more credibility.
                                It was also written 5 months ago. I know it sounds crazy, but could it be possible that the issue has been resolved?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X