Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should go to Cedar Stars, heard they will pave your driveway if you join.
    I have heard the same, they will also teach your daughter how to take her first shot! Coaches love to party with their players there

Comment

I have heard the same, they will also teach your daughter how to take her first shot! Coaches love to party with their players there
      And then come game time, you're scrambling to get a coach since the partying one has been sent home 😂. All in the name of ‘fun and games’ and good money after bad.

Comment

That’s nothing, at Fury you get to use their proprietary player dating app.

Comment

So again we come to the decision we need to make. If NYCFC pulls out, do we try to get all our kids on a GDA team we know will have weak competition, or do we seek out the Tryouts at WC and CFC? I am told the announcement will be made after the ECNL event this month with respect to the ECNL players
          do you believe in people or labels?

Comment

do you believe in people or labels?
            not the poster...obviously good coaching matters most. But not every club has good coaching, not even close. And yes quality of competition does still matter, as does the quality of your teammates. Let's call it 50% coaching, 25% each of the other two. Also, if the league is floundering college coaches won't take it as seriously, may shop there less thus reducing exposure. That's the main point for 99% of players, exposure not a path to the national team.

Comment

not the poster...obviously good coaching matters most. But not every club has good coaching, not even close. And yes quality of competition does still matter, as does the quality of your teammates. Let's call it 50% coaching, 25% each of the other two. Also, if the league is floundering college coaches won't take it as seriously, may shop there less thus reducing exposure. That's the main point for 99% of players, exposure not a path to the national team.
              NYCFC has great coaching, IMO, and that’s all that matters, as I am the customer. We wanted to see results, and 6 months in we are very pleased with my daughter’s progress. The WC coaches teach a different style of soccer, more physical less technical, but that wasn't for us. I grew up playing with friends and a European family, as well as in College, and I know good coaching, Kaz and Fredy are serious about soccer, no games, no breaks, and my kid loves the entire atmosphere, she loves NYCFC GDA.

Comment

you just listed the conventional logic that has been fed to parents by clubs.

1. without good coaching, you are wasting your time. By coaching, I mean instruction and teaching. Not game day.
                2. 50/25/25 is ludicrous. Your percentages suggest that every factor is outside the players control. that is false . try 75pct player and 25 pct other factors.
                3. Top college coaches dont give 2 hoots about league. They only care about players.
                4. the main point for ALL players should be to enjoy the journey of getting better and take advantage of all the great opportunities the game can provide from friendships to education. Travel to leadership etc etc. The way parents talk about the NT is plain stupid.

Comment

NYCFC has great coaching, IMO, and that’s all that matters, as I am the customer. We wanted to see results, and 6 months in we are very pleased with my daughter’s progress. The WC coaches teach a different style of soccer, more physical less technical, but that wasn't for us. I grew up playing with friends and a European family, as well as in College, and I know good coaching, Kaz and Fredy are serious about soccer, no games, no breaks, and my kid loves the entire atmosphere, she loves NYCFC GDA.
                  Two years ago at this time Kaz and Fredy were both coaching WC teams. Next year, they will be coaching WC teams as well, so if that is what will be your driving decision making point, you are all set

Comment

Two years ago at this time Kaz and Fredy were both coaching WC teams. Next year, they will be coaching WC teams as well, so if that is what will be your driving decision making point, you are all set
                    If that is the case, then yes we will follow Kaz and Fredy, as they are the best coaches.

Comment

Looks like there is real discontent brewing at Fury, as H.S. players are coming back from their seasons, and some of their full-time DA players are being pushed aside, ugly stuff. At least at NYCFC that doesn’t happen, as there are no place-holders.

Comment

If that is the case, then yes we will follow Kaz and Fredy, as they are the best coaches.
                        Do a lot of WC players move to NYCFC at U14? Do they pick up the best players? Is the NYCFC 2005 team stronger than their WC counterpart? If Kaz is the "man" you would think players would in fact gravitate from WC to NYCFC.

Comment

Do a lot of WC players move to NYCFC at U14? Do they pick up the best players? Is the NYCFC 2005 team stronger than their WC counterpart? If Kaz is the "man" you would think players would in fact gravitate from WC to NYCFC.
                          At that complex, he is the best coach, as far as pied piper analogy, WC specially asked him to not recruit their best players, since they were next to last as club in ECNL last year.

Comment

At that complex, he is the best coach, as far as pied piper analogy, WC specially asked him to not recruit their best players, since they were next to last as club in ECNL last year.
                            What if a WC player wants to move over to NYCFC on their own? Is that discouraged?

Comment

What if a WC player wants to move over to NYCFC on their own? Is that discouraged?
                              Heavily.

Comment

Heavily.
                                Sounds like a very awkward relationship.....is their animosity between the two programs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X