Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, she practices with one of them, and has played against the other one once this fall, and 2 more times this spring, both are really good, but my kid is just as good....well maybe not the 00 from NJ, but the 01 from LI she played very well...
    Then why are they comitted to UVA and your kid isnt?
    Its called talent eval and it only matters who the coach thinks is good enough

Comment

That's a stupid question, who knows why they are committed, besides I could care less. Anyway just got an email from Virginia with coaches phone numbers, so guess who is calling next week, no not me...

Comment

That's a stupid question, who knows why they are committed, besides I could care less. Anyway just got an email from Virginia with coaches phone numbers, so guess who is calling next week, no not me...
        Haha. And you think that translates to $$? Do you know how many emails calls and texts coaches if all levels deal with? The vast majority do not amount to anything and I would bet you that the vast majority of first calls are also the last calls.

Comment

Dad, you do realize that 1) you're putting a target on your kid's back revealing a good deal of specific information 2) coaches watch and talk with dozens and of kids before giving just one offer? 3) as she wasn't in the top group the odds are very, very low. 4) as she wasn't in the top group they'll want to see her more before deciding if it's a yes (if it is a yes at all).

Comment

my kid just got one as well- must be looking for filler for a camp
            my kids already comitted so she cant go, but call all those coaches numbers,listen carefully as the menu may have changed

Comment

Strange answer. If you play with them, would not hurt to ask and you clearly care.

Comment

Every ECNL player in CT was invited to the UVA camp!

Comment

Every ECNL player in CT was invited to the UVA camp!
                  Really? I saw a CFC goalkeeper there, but that was about it, which is strange considering that would be about 40 girls. BTW: my little pumpkin is better than all of them, even the GK!

Comment

Really? I saw a CFC goalkeeper there, but that was about it, which is strange considering that would be about 40 girls. BTW: my little pumpkin is better than all of them, even the GK!
                    Being invited is different than actually going. The rest are simply more realistic. There are very, very few CT players that can hang at the UVA level, they are well known in the state and some are committed already. That GK? Well she'd be trying to displace their NT GK who is a freshman. So would your D as there are numerous NT players on the roster. Good luck with that.

And if a CT player does commit there, you've identified yourself and your D and deserve any TS backlash you get. If you've spent any time on this site you should know you don't want your kid talked about on this site.

Comment

Look familiar Dad......

Dear Player and Unrealistic Parent

We've already recruited our entire 2021 and 2020 class and have extended verbal offers to several 8th graders. With that said, we have a big staff and need to supplement our incomes. How about you take a run down to central VA and we'll give your kid a T shirt for your troubles. Don't forge the check

Do you have what it take to play at the highest level of college soccer with us?The University of Virginia Soccer Coaching staff would like to invite you to our 2018 Winter Elite Identification Clinic on the Grounds of the University of Virginia!

This is a unique opportunity to visit the University of Virginia and be coached by the UVA Women’s Soccer Staff. The clinic includes training sessions, games, interaction with current players and staff and an exclusive, in depth look at what it takes to play at the highest level of women’s collegiate soccer. In addition, you will have the option to participate in a guided tour led by one of our staff members.
                      Camp Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2018.
                      Cost: $185.00
                      If you are flying into Charlottesville Airport (CHO) it is approximately a 15-minute shuttle or taxi ride from the airport to the Virginia athletic facilities. Participants will be responsible for all travel and lodging to and from the ID Clinic. You can access the application and a form listing all hotel, shuttle and taxi options at the following link:
                      http://www.virginiawomenssoccer.com/...nics.html#fall

If you have any questions or need additional information please contact Eilidh Thomson at eft9c@virginia.edu or 908-458-3216 (C).
                      Please be aware that spaces will be limited so we encourage you to sign up as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience Virginia Women’s Soccer with us!

Sincerely,

Steve, Ron, Kerry and Eilidh

2012, 2013 & 2015 ACC Champions
                      2014 College Cup Finalist
                      2013 College Cup Semi Finalist

2016 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXP...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Look familiar Dad......

Dear Player and Unrealistic Parent

We've already recruited our entire 2021 and 2020 class and have extended verbal offers to several 8th graders. With that said, we have a big staff and need to supplement our incomes. How about you take a run down to central VA and we'll give your kid a T shirt for your troubles. Don't forge the check

Do you have what it take to play at the highest level of college soccer with us?The University of Virginia Soccer Coaching staff would like to invite you to our 2018 Winter Elite Identification Clinic on the Grounds of the University of Virginia!

This is a unique opportunity to visit the University of Virginia and be coached by the UVA Women’s Soccer Staff. The clinic includes training sessions, games, interaction with current players and staff and an exclusive, in depth look at what it takes to play at the highest level of women’s collegiate soccer. In addition, you will have the option to participate in a guided tour led by one of our staff members.
                        Camp Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2018.
                        Cost: $185.00
                        If you are flying into Charlottesville Airport (CHO) it is approximately a 15-minute shuttle or taxi ride from the airport to the Virginia athletic facilities. Participants will be responsible for all travel and lodging to and from the ID Clinic. You can access the application and a form listing all hotel, shuttle and taxi options at the following link:
                        http://www.virginiawomenssoccer.com/...nics.html#fall

If you have any questions or need additional information please contact Eilidh Thomson at eft9c@virginia.edu or 908-458-3216 (C).
                        Please be aware that spaces will be limited so we encourage you to sign up as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience Virginia Women’s Soccer with us!

Sincerely,

Steve, Ron, Kerry and Eilidh

2012, 2013 & 2015 ACC Champions
                        2014 College Cup Finalist
                        2013 College Cup Semi Finalist

2016 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXP...ature=youtu.be

lmao...

Comment

if you know the UVA staff at all, they dont deserve this. They are among the nicest, most honest top school staffs you will find. If all schools were like this, we would be in a better spot.

Comment

if you know the UVA staff at all, they dont deserve this. They are among the nicest, most honest top school staffs you will find. If all schools were like this, we would be in a better spot.
                            Yeah, but it's UVA. UVA sucks. Don't believe the hype.

Comment

Sure they do. It's mostly true and also funny. They're stealing $185 from a bunch of families who have no chance of getting a kid on a team that has actually filled almost all of its roster spots.

Comment

Sure they do. It's mostly true and also funny. They're stealing $185 from a bunch of families who have no chance of getting a kid on a team that has actually filled almost all of its roster spots.
                                Almost EVERY school does this. Yes it's a tactic to pad their budgets, but they're far from alone. That's why you should carefully scrutinize each so called "invite." Most are mass-emails with no genuine interest from the school. Coaches pretty much know who they want to look at before anyone steps on the field. Once in a while they might discover a previously unseen talent. But that's a long shot and is even less likely without first being in communication with the program and getting onto their short list.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X