Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oftentimes not much difference between A and B players. It is a matter of spots and evening out two teams. It could be a position decision like only needing so many left backs or keepers. Put a player in a better system and they often do better. It is like watching the ECNL high school players commited to D1 and being showed up or stopped by NPL players.
    Our daughter is playing her last season before heading off to college. After sitting through tryouts of one kind or another (ECNL, ODP, ODP-Region III, PDP, etc.) for 11 years I have come to the conclusion that no matter what size group is trying out it is pretty straight forward to identify the top 10 players pretty quickly.

What is very, very hard is to pick the next 10 best players to make a complete roster.

Comment

Most have or have had a club hopper on there team . Kid is usually miserable probably because he knows at the end of the season the parents will move him on to the next big thing . I'm sure there are players out there who have played on 7 or 8 different teams by the time they graduate HS .

Comment

Most have or have had a club hopper on there team . Kid is usually miserable probably because he knows at the end of the season the parents will move him on to the next big thing . I'm sure there are players out there who have played on 7 or 8 different teams by the time they graduate HS .
        So? What's the problem with that?

Comment

Consistency for the kids sake is good.

Lets not speak loyalty and youth FL soccer in the same sentence though.

Make no mistakes if you these DOCs think you step out of line, or if you run out of cash, you get tossed out like 3 day old garbage.

Comment

You're part of the problem

Comment

You're part of the problem
              The problem is youth soccer. Every year there has been a change in rules and types of leagues. I would have been able to stay with one club but they could not offer the competitive level of league and teammates that would allow my daughter to grow into the player she became.

I would have been more than happy to stay but to stay just for the purposes of staying was not a good choice for my family.

Comment

My daughter has played with 2 or 3. The problem is the kid/family gets a reputation for club hopping. Coaches and DOC’s don’t want to invest too much time or effort for them. Mainly this is an issue at younger ages. Usually it is due to a parent who thinks their kid is better than they are. Those parents tend to be trouble makers. Clubs don’t need the added drama

Comment

My daughter has played with 2 or 3. The problem is the kid/family gets a reputation for club hopping. Coaches and DOC’s don’t want to invest too much time or effort for them. Mainly this is an issue at younger ages. Usually it is due to a parent who thinks their kid is better than they are. Those parents tend to be trouble makers. Clubs don’t need the added drama
                  My U14 dd has a teammate who jumped 3 times in 3 years. And, they are planning jump
                  again end of season or maybe even earlier. The girl hates it and doesn't want to leave
                  but the dad is a fcuking nut. Quiet and doesn't talk to anyone, but sends texts to his
                  kid how crappi she played. The girl showed the texts to my kid. The girl likes her
                  teammates and coach and is having fun. Dad thinks she is the next Alex Morgan
                  and she needs to move to a "better" team.

Parents, if your kid likes her team, coach and is having fun, please leave them alone.
                  How many times have you liked your co-workers, manager, and having fun?

Comment

My U14 dd has a teammate who jumped 3 times in 3 years. And, they are planning jump
                    again end of season or maybe even earlier. The girl hates it and doesn't want to leave
                    but the dad is a fcuking nut. Quiet and doesn't talk to anyone, but sends texts to his
                    kid how crappi she played. The girl showed the texts to my kid. The girl likes her
                    teammates and coach and is having fun. Dad thinks she is the next Alex Morgan
                    and she needs to move to a "better" team.

Parents, if your kid likes her team, coach and is having fun, please leave them alone.
                    How many times have you liked your co-workers, manager, and having fun?
                    Parents, Mind your own fvcking business.

You dont have all the answers. Every situation is different. Just worry about your own daughter.

Comment

Man... seeing this stuff makes me glad my kids play where they do. Our DOC is at the fields every night and knows almost all the kids by name. I've seen on probably half a dozen times where a family ran into a financial hardship he has gone the the board of directors on their behalf to try to get some hardship funding and where that wasn't available he even went to his own personal network to get one of the kid's father a part time job at a friend's business. He lives it for the kids. The coaches are hit and miss... but the DOC makes up for it.

Consistency for the kids sake is good.

Lets not speak loyalty and youth FL soccer in the same sentence though.

Make no mistakes if you these DOCs think you step out of line, or if you run out of cash, you get tossed out like 3 day old garbage.

Comment

Man... seeing this stuff makes me glad my kids play where they do. Our DOC is at the fields every night and knows almost all the kids by name. I've seen on probably half a dozen times where a family ran into a financial hardship he has gone the the board of directors on their behalf to try to get some hardship funding and where that wasn't available he even went to his own personal network to get one of the kid's father a part time job at a friend's business. He lives it for the kids. The coaches are hit and miss... but the DOC makes up for it.
                        Yea... you got the exception not the rule. Hard to find good people. Where ya at?

Comment

Parents, Mind your own fvcking business.

You dont have all the answers. Every situation is different. Just worry about your own daughter.
                          Pinched a nerve, did we? Is that you, Dave?

Comment

American culture of everyone wanting to have their kids on the A team, and parents will move clubs to get the kids on an A team. Clubs do want to have higher numbers and have as many teams as possible to create depth at the club. The key is for clubs to find a way to mesh the parent and club philosophies. Have the A and B teams be one with two coaches and practice and scrimmage at the same time.
                            No this club had a history of doing this. They didn't have a B team coach even lined up. Instead of doing the honorable thing at tryouts and telling parents to go find another team they tried to string them along in hopes of the money grab. Trash behavior. They got what they deserved as they ended with no team at all in that age group. Many kids on that team ended up getting screwed over. It is very hard to land a spot on a good team at the older ages. My advice to parents of young players is go to the largest club in your area that already has multiple teams at each age level. Avoid the small club garbage.

Another thing clubs like to do is tell parents they are playing in a certain league, even if they are not talented enough to do so.

Comment

Pinched a nerve, did we? Is that you, Dave?
                              Yea, so what. Mind your own business.

Comment

Yea, so what. Mind your own business.
                                Love you Dave.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X