Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    They dont have to displace the top 3-4 players ... the point is to add starters 5, 8, 9 and 11 to players 1-7 and make a much stronger starting team by benching players 8-11 and making a deeper team by losing players 15-18.
    I don't think NEFC kids are going to Stars or Stars kids are going to NEFC in any big numbers. Families who have had good experiences will stick with what they know.

Comment

Yes, but NEFC parents and kids know they are on a sinking ship. No one wants to go back to NPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Yes, but NEFC parents and kids know they are on a sinking ship. No one wants to go back to NPL.
        And once the rats hit the icy, cold water, they will jump on any dirty thing that floats and hold on for dear life, kicking and scratching any others trying to jump on their floaty.

Comment

I would think Scorpions would be a likely option for some NEFC kids if they left, although not sure about the coaching there

Comment

I would think Scorpions would be a likely option for some NEFC kids if they left, although not sure about the coaching there
            Don't assume all kids and parents will simply chase an ECNL patch. Plenty have already deemed Stars and Scorps not worth it for whatever personal reasons, and there are already top players who have chosen to play NPL instead of the DA or ECNL, even though they have been offered spots. Hopping clubs simply for an ECNL patch only happens for a few players every year. For most families, there are many other factors to consider ... location of practices, costs, travel, coaches, friends, and ultimate soccer goals all get weighed into the decision making, and the same will hold true if NEFC drops DA, whether NEFC goes back to top teams in NPL or ,gets back into ECNL.

Comment

Very true.

Comment

Don't assume all kids and parents will simply chase an ECNL patch. Plenty have already deemed Stars and Scorps not worth it for whatever personal reasons, and there are already top players who have chosen to play NPL instead of the DA or ECNL, even though they have been offered spots. Hopping clubs simply for an ECNL patch only happens for a few players every year. For most families, there are many other factors to consider ... location of practices, costs, travel, coaches, friends, and ultimate soccer goals all get weighed into the decision making, and the same will hold true if NEFC drops DA, whether NEFC goes back to top teams in NPL or ,gets back into ECNL.
                Completely agree...

Comment

Completely agree...
                  Hmmmm...reply to your own post 3 times will not make it true. The same can be said about any club out there. But there is unanimity that top players like to compete and play for/with the best of the best. I am not saying that everyone on DA will go to ECNL but I am sure that a bunch would not like to return to NPL.

Comment

Hmmmm...reply to your own post 3 times will not make it true. The same can be said about any club out there. But there is unanimity that top players like to compete and play for/with the best of the best. I am not saying that everyone on DA will go to ECNL but I am sure that a bunch would not like to return to NPL.
                    Hey DB, first off I am the OP and those who agreed with me were not me. Secondly, you missed the entire point of my post. Yes, in a perfect world the top players would all play for the top teams, but sometimes there are other factors that prevent that. Not everybody wants/can to drive an hour and a half to and from practice 3x a week plus...or have the time/money/family situation to handle those country club leagues... or want to play on a top 25 division 1 college program ... or wants to play HS soccer and/or another sport ... or like the coaches at another program ... or want to leave their already very strong NPL team, with a coach and players they love.

Do you get it now?

Comment

Hey DB, first off I am the OP and those who agreed with me were not me. Secondly, you missed the entire point of my post. Yes, in a perfect world the top players would all play for the top teams, but sometimes there are other factors that prevent that. Not everybody wants/can to drive an hour and a half to and from practice 3x a week plus...or have the time/money/family situation to handle those country club leagues... or want to play on a top 25 division 1 college program ... or wants to play HS soccer and/or another sport ... or like the coaches at another program ... or want to leave their already very strong NPL team, with a coach and players they love.

Do you get it now?
                      I hope that you are not a coach or parents of one of those teams because if this is how you are I don't see anyone sticking around. There is talk of players leaving. Deal or ...drool with it.

Comment

There is talk of players leaving every club, every week and your point is?

Comment

More kids get opportunity to be seen.What can be wrong with that .

Comment

Looks like NYCFC is folding as well, and going back to ECNL, not good for the NE GDA...

Comment

Looks like NYCFC is folding as well, and going back to ECNL, not good for the NE GDA...
                              Ha! NY boards point to the MA board and say NEFC is going to ECNL (which would be impossible). MA boards point to NY boards and say NYCFC is folding.

Source for both?

TS....

Comment

Ha! NY boards point to the MA board and say NEFC is going to ECNL (which would be impossible). MA boards point to NY boards and say NYCFC is folding.

Source for both?

TS....
                                NEFC has no choice to go anywhere other than NPL. Yes DA is in trouble and NEFC is stuck, NYFC is losing players to WC and they have to make decision on what they are going to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X