Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid is U17, and already committed to play at a top 25 D1 soccer program. I can assure you it wouldn’t have happened without the development and the exposure that he has gotten from the DA the last 4 years. I’ve seen the next level (ECNL), and it is a MAJOR drop off. Just my own personal experience, and the same can be said for many other DA families that we know at our club and others. The #’s fully support that colleges and pro teams scout the DA program in the US first and foremost. Those are the facts, and facts don’t care about your feelings!
    I can assure you by the time he is 22 his prospective employers will care very little that he was a DA wonderboy. And I'm sure you are still on the hook for a big chunk of $ for school. Glad he has the opportunity to continue to play, hope he enjoys and loves it.

Comment

You all just keep enjoying paying the same amount or more for subpar training, playing lesser competition, and having a less than 1% chance of being seen by a US Soccer, pro, or collegiate scout. Those of us in the DA, that aren’t butt-hurt from our kid not being selected, will keep enjoying a higher level of training (in most cases), the highest level of competition (in most cases), having US Soccer scouts at 50% of games, and playing in front of countless collegiate and pro scouts. Good luck in your kids quest to be “discovered” in a pool of players where nobody is even looking. Good day!
      Well said. 100 percent agree. I was in a non DA team before, have been in DA just one year, there is absolutely no comparison.

Comment

Well said. 100 percent agree. I was in a non DA team before, have been in DA just one year, there is absolutely no comparison.
        I Trevor have to agree that you and more importantly your wife agrees even more

Comment

DA is garbage away from MLS clubs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish. There are plenty of ECNL teams that would beat non-mls DA's.

Non MLS da's don't even want to play vs non mls's da's anymore.
          Not really. There may be a few top ECNL teams that on any given day can beat the bottom dwellers of DA, but there are only a few. There are also a few USYS National League teams that could beat the bottom dwellers in BDA but only a few...

Comment

Boy you are supposed to be at school right now. Get off your phone and study.

Comment

My kid is in it , but we are new to florida less than 1 year, its complete garbage!!.
              Your kid isn't in it.

Comment

yes he is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X