ID Camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Villanova's is absurdly large and is a massive money maker fueled by an full on marketing campaign to fill as many slots as possible.

Comment

Sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Villanova's is absurdly large and is a massive money maker fueled by an full on marketing campaign to fill as many slots as possible.
        To be evaluated by coaches that produce 50% overall and <33% conference win records on both the men’s and women’s sides? No thanks.

Looking at Villanova’s men and women’s roster, they recruit a lot from down south. A lot of from GA, FL, TX followed by local PA and NJ talent. Hardly any New Englanders so why bother when that’s their preference/pattern?

Comment

To be evaluated by coaches that produce 50% overall and <33% conference win records on both the men’s and women’s sides? No thanks.

Looking at Villanova’s men and women’s roster, they recruit a lot from down south. A lot of from GA, FL, TX followed by local PA and NJ talent. Hardly any New Englanders so why bother when that’s their preference/pattern?
          Coaches will take a player that fits what they are looking for regardless of where they come from. What you see on the roster is really just the reality of recruiting, roughly 90% of the programs out there get their prospects from either in-state or a bordering state. If it is a fit match on both sides there is absolutely no reason why a coach would not sign a prospect just because of the prospect's home location

Comment

Coaches will take a player that fits what they are looking for regardless of where they come from. What you see on the roster is really just the reality of recruiting, roughly 90% of the programs out there get their prospects from either in-state or a bordering state. If it is a fit match on both sides there is absolutely no reason why a coach would not sign a prospect just because of the prospect's home location
            And PA borders GA, FL, and TX?

Comment

Lots of folks send their kid to top programs and they sit the bench for 3 yrs.Do you want your kid to play.Academics ,school location ,city or suburb then soccer.Personally I would rather have my kid play consistently at a Middle of the bracket D1 than sit at a top school.

I hear most parents saying this. I'd like to throw out there that being on a team at a top school offers so much more than just the minutes on the field. You will be playing everyday in practice against some of the top players in the country. To be a part of an amazing program with an amazing coaching staff can be very full filling. Many of the mid-level programs don't have the facilities nor University support staff to match the top universities. The networking opportunities at a big name University can quickly overshadow the opportunities at a middle level school. The celebrity factor of athletes at certain top soccer schools is real and your fellow students dont really know/care if you are getting minutes.

Comment

I guess your kids used to the bench.Mine would rather play than watch.

Comment

I guess your kids used to the bench.Mine would rather play than watch.
                  Most kids do want to play and are absolutely miserable if they aren't but not all. You typically find 3-4 kids on every roster that are really just practice players and know that going in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X