Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. Personally I think his five year track record is impressive. It wasn't like he took over and had one good year. He showed substantial progress over a five year period...which means his success was reflective of his coaching and recruiting ability. Moving from small unknown D3 to a 60th ranked D1 is a good thing. It's a great success story!
    Checking previous posters point - they did in fact beat both Middlebury and Bowdoin this year.

I am not kidding on this the combined Middlebury and Bowdoin teams for 2018 have players from such notable soccer hotbeds (who never play outside their own pond) as: Belmont Hill, Choate, Rivers, Nobles, Berkshire, Deerfield, Middlesex, St Sebs, Taft, Brooks, Northfield, Cate, Pingry, Phillips, and a host of others. Seriously. The St. joe's team had players from Gorham, Sanford and something called U32 High School in Berlin, VT. If that doesn't speak volumes as to the coaching and real quality of typical, whitebread (not right to dream) prep school play, I don't know what does...

Comment

Checking previous posters point - they did in fact beat both Middlebury and Bowdoin this year.

I am not kidding on this the combined Middlebury and Bowdoin teams for 2018 have players from such notable soccer hotbeds (who never play outside their own pond) as: Belmont Hill, Choate, Rivers, Nobles, Berkshire, Deerfield, Middlesex, St Sebs, Taft, Brooks, Northfield, Cate, Pingry, Phillips, and a host of others. Seriously. The St. joe's team had players from Gorham, Sanford and something called U32 High School in Berlin, VT. If that doesn't speak volumes as to the coaching and real quality of typical, whitebread (not right to dream) prep school play, I don't know what does...
      Wait until they graduate and then check on the players.

Comment

Wait until they graduate and then check on the players.
        Horses for courses. LACs are hardly a predictor of economic success, but that's not the point.

The point is that a who's who of Prep soccer couldn't beat Gorham high school. It's a soccer thread after all. Fascinating stuff.

Comment

That’s fairly ironic given all the splutter from NESJ and the ISL thread but whatever good for St Joes and their ex coach

Comment

What defines a great coach?
            A coach that takes a mediocre or lower program with unknown players to the finals of the conference championship, to the postseason of the NCAA, and to two near perfect seasons.

Comment

What defines a great coach?
              A coach that takes a mediocre or lower program with unknown players to the finals of the conference championship, to the postseason of the NCAA, and to two near perfect seasons.
              Nobody cares about any of this except 1 or 2 people. Move on.

Comment

Nobody cares about any of this except 1 or 2 people. Move on.
                #truthhurts

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X