X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And their even $#ittier parents, too.
    This is a prime example of what I’m talking about.

This person’s life or death bears no significance to you unless they are your family family.

If a non family member who I had a former relationship with through soccer died, I would think that’s too bad, say a prayer and never give them another thought after that.

Once you realize that truth, their negative thoughts are just as worthless to you as their life or death are to you. And yours to them.

Comment

This person’s life or death bears no significance to you unless they are your family family.

If a non family member who I had a former relationship with through soccer died, I would think that’s too bad, say a prayer and never give them another thought after that.

Once you realize that truth, their negative thoughts are just as worthless to you as their life or death are to you. And yours to them.
      you're a good troll, but lousy at philosophy. stick to internet trolling.

Comment

no, science tells us that you have reproduced. you have offspring that carry on your genes. that means nothing. it is just a fact. some animals reproduce and then never see their offspring.

"family" in your mind is the IDEA of a social unit based around your direct genetic descendants. it is a pure human construction - an IDEA.

merely having offspring does not "bind" you to that person in any scientific sense. you could put your kid up for adoption. And if you think that it does "bind" you, that's again an IDEA.
        Again, what part of Man’s Law and it being an idea was I unclear about?

By the way, in Man’s Law, DNA determines family. DNA is not nothing as you suggest.

Go ask any person paying child support because they are genetically tied to that child wether DNA is nothing as you suggest.

Comment

you're a good troll, but lousy at philosophy. stick to internet trolling.
          Explain to me how I am wrong?

How would a former relationship’s death, someone I have zero contact with anymore, have any significance to my life, or mine to theirs?

Calling names is intellectually lazy.

Comment

Again, what part of Man’s Law and it being an idea was I unclear about?

By the way, in Man’s Law, DNA determines family. DNA is not nothing as you suggest.

Go ask any person paying child support because they are genetically tied to that child wether DNA is nothing as you suggest.
            so let me get this right.

family is all that matters to you. "family" is determined by "man's law." man's law is an idea. so, logically, ideas are all that matter.

You and I agree.

If ideas are all that matter, then other people matter also (ideas come from other people). Therefore, you cannot live on an island.

Comment

so let me get this right.

family is all that matters to you. "family" is determined by "man's law." man's law is an idea. so, logically, ideas are all that matter.

You and I agree.

If ideas are all that matter, then other people matter also (ideas come from other people). Therefore, you cannot live on an island.
              Some ideas matter.

I don’t live on an island because I live in this world. I only care about my family.

The people who come up with them and the fact that their death, or mine, has no true significance to each other lives doesn’t change.

You never answer this question, how would a former relationship’s death, someone I have zero contact with anymore, have any significance to my life, or mine to theirs?

Comment

Some ideas matter.

I don’t live on an island because I live in this world. I only care about my family.

The people who come up with them and the fact that their death, or mine, has no true significance to each other lives doesn’t change.

You never answer this question, how would a former relationship’s death, someone I have zero contact with anymore, have any significance to my life, or mine to theirs?
                What does all his Gibirish have to do with Pussy ?

Comment

How would a former relationship’s death, someone I have zero contact with anymore, have any significance to my life, or mine to theirs?

did you know this person? have a conversation? share a joke? have a common interest?

yes, people that are not your direct genetic descendants, when they pass away, they leave a hole in your life. if may not be the same as a parent, or a sibling, but there is something to every human interaction that affects you, and, taken together, are significant. let's say you lose a fishing buddy with a great sense of humor. that person enriched your life in a way that is not easy to replace. you lose a college buddy. this person knew you - how you acted - maybe before your wife knew you and your kids knew you - they may understand parts of you that your wife and kids do not.

but i suppose if every human interaction is a cost/benefit analysis, you are not a person that sees much in life beyond "what's in it for me?" like several posters said in the beginning, it is sad. you are more homo economicus than homo sapiens.

Comment

did you know this person? have a conversation? share a joke? have a common interest?

yes, people that are not your direct genetic descendants, when they pass away, they leave a hole in your life. if may not be the same as a parent, or a sibling, but there is something to every human interaction that affects you, and, taken together, are significant. let's say you lose a fishing buddy with a great sense of humor. that person enriched your life in a way that is not easy to replace. you lose a college buddy. this person knew you - how you acted - maybe before your wife knew you and your kids knew you - they may understand parts of you that your wife and kids do not.

but i suppose if every human interaction is a cost/benefit analysis, you are not a person that sees much in life beyond "what's in it for me?" like several posters said in the beginning, it is sad. you are more homo economicus than homo sapiens.
                    Once a non family relationship is over, it’s over. Move on and drive on. You put to much importance in sentiment. I don’t.

You also think that your fishing buddy, college buddy, etc...isn’t or wasn’t defined by a what is in it for me element for both you and your buddy.

Comment

Once a non family relationship is over, it’s over. Move on and drive on. You put to much importance in sentiment. I don’t.

You also think that your fishing buddy, college buddy, etc...isn’t or wasn’t defined by a what is in it for me element for both you and your buddy.
                      i am saying that "what's in it for me?" has a place at work and in business, but in your family and personal relationships, its like going to a 5 star restaurant and ordering a hamburger and fries.

Comment

i am saying that "what's in it for me?" has a place at work and in business, but in your family and personal relationships, its like going to a 5 star restaurant and ordering a hamburger and fries.
                        Family is everything.

Sacrificing my life for any of them without hesitation. I’ve lived long enough. Definitely on the back nine.

Non essential relationships/personnel outside of my family are just that to me. That’s how I view people who aren’t my family or working relationship.

Non essential personnel don’t effect me. It’s why the country club things at soccer never concerns me.

Be friendly and nice, but maintain discipline and distant is my philosophy.

“What’s in it for me” exists in all relationships, even family. The difference in family is you have to get past it if it’s negative for you, or it will haunt you in your living years after they are gone.

A family member’s death lets you understand that more. If you haven’t had that yet, then you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Nobody has a relationship just to have a relationship. All relationships are ego driven.

Comment

Family is everything.

Sacrificing my life for any of them without hesitation. I’ve lived long enough. Definitely on the back nine.

Non essential relationships/personnel outside of my family are just that to me. That’s how I view people who aren’t my family or working relationship.

Non essential personnel don’t effect me. It’s why the country club things at soccer never concerns me.

Be friendly and nice, but maintain discipline and distant is my philosophy.

“What’s in it for me” exists in all relationships, even family. The difference in family is you have to get past it if it’s negative for you, or it will haunt you in your living years after they are gone.

A family member’s death lets you understand that more. If you haven’t had that yet, then you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Nobody has a relationship just to have a relationship. All relationships are ego driven.
                          You two tango on multiple threads. We need to worry about the “type” with no real connections outside of self, family, or Work. The Parkland shooter had autism and ADHD. He may have had a more difficult time connecting with others and having empathy for others. He did not have the family and lost his mother.

Comment

Ready Player One

Comment

Part of who you are is because of parts of them. Life does happen to us in the present, and nothing in this very moment has ever happened to us before or ever will again. We would not be here if not for our ancestors so family genes are important to us. But so are the friends, coaches, teachers, and others who have been a part of us. We all emanate from the same source and are all essentially one. We are on Earth to love one another. There are way too many lonely people or people who need help in this world. Send out our light to the world through loving actions.

Comment

Is this your way of saying don't let the negative thoughts of others bother you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X