Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of course, but the poster noted that WF has or has had 100's of players with NT invites and the like. For a school to have 100's of players, it would mean they play for them. I was showing that the post was a just a little outlandish.
    I posted the other comment - I meant to say 100s of players with outstanding credentials WANTING to play for a program like WF.

Comment

Let me guess - your TDS kid got an invite to a WF camp so you assume that's how they targeted your kid? LMAO so did mine, for every camp in fact. My kid also had a good TDS ranking (I don't know how as I certainly never paid for it, DA I guess) but wasn't foolish enough to think he'd ever play at a program like WF. He now plays a great academic school but midlevel soccer program.
      you don't have to pay for a TDS rating. sheesh.

I haven't payed a dime and my kid is a three star.

Comment

you don't have to pay for a TDS rating. sheesh.

I haven't payed a dime and my kid is a three star.
        But many do - take a look at some of the players on the list with your kid.

Comment

Did TDS editors just discover TS and are trying to drive traffic to their site? Why all the TDS love all of a sudden?

Comment

wrong. I personally know of several who would never pay and their kids have a decent rating.

What you pay for is access to premium articles and some data. That's it.

Comment

Perfect example - S Kent kid, All American, ODP region 1 for years. 2 g dam stars

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...ynn/pid-119092

Comment

Perfect example - S Kent kid, All American, ODP region 1 for years. 2 g dam stars

Well Mr. Blynn, perhaps your should contact TDS directly. Or whine on the CT forum. Or both.

Comment

My kid has stars too along with other accolades. TDS has been to games at various showcase events. Have your coach reach out. As I noted previously, some of this is based on the USSF database and evaluations in it. The database is a real thing.

My kid was visiting a college and when we briefly discussed funds, coach left and came back and said, okay, you (my kid) was eligible for top money and needed to go discuss with athletic director. It was one of several offers received that had big money attached.

Comment

don't know the kid but all american accolades anymore is for kids that play hs. top players aren't playing hs. they are playing DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      My kid has stars too along with other accolades. TDS has been to games at various showcase events. Have your coach reach out. As I noted previously, some of this is based on the USSF database and evaluations in it. The database is a real thing.

My kid was visiting a college and when we briefly discussed funds, coach left and came back and said, okay, you (my kid) was eligible for top money and needed to go discuss with athletic director. It was one of several offers received that had big money attached.
                      You post the accolades. They aren't reading NESJ or culling lists from every time your daughter is mentioned. Your daughter may be good, but it is pretty obvious which families "update" topdrawer posts.

Comment

As I noted previously, some of this is based on the USSF database and evaluations in it.
                        Are you saying every DA kid has some evaluation sitting in some dark web soccer database?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          You post the accolades. They aren't reading NESJ or culling lists from every time your daughter is mentioned. Your daughter may be good, but it is pretty obvious which families "update" topdrawer posts.
                          This is funny. It is so true.

Comment

of course its obvious becasue unless the articles are written by TDS or a service they follow, they have to be manually added to a profile.

As far as USSF database, i dont think (for girls) that makes sense. Why would the federation give TDS access to its player database? The USSF TDS relationship is at an all time low. Its no different to the relationship the USSF have with any other random person.

TDS are just doing their best to stay relevant. they cannot see all the players so they rely heavily on input. The kids they want to get to know, they do. Thats usually a pretty small group, they just dont have the staff or budget to get around.

Comment

Let me guess - your TDS kid got an invite to a WF camp so you assume that's how they targeted your kid? LMAO so did mine, for every camp in fact. My kid also had a good TDS ranking (I don't know how as I certainly never paid for it, DA I guess) but wasn't foolish enough to think he'd ever play at a program like WF. He now plays a great academic school but midlevel soccer program.
                              You are making the point.

Comment

Complete BS. No successful college coach is not going to schedule time with an unknown and then offer them a scholarship after opening up TDS and figuring out who they are. Just doesn't happen that way folks. You only get to see the head coach if they are specifically interested in your kid which means they know a heck of a lot about your kid before they even get there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X