• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Farmers = 4H
    F-bombs = ADF
    Ahhhh... thanks

Comment

What were the results in the other matches?

Comment

An entertaining game. FC was missing #91, but everyone else was there for FC; I think one starter was missing for WT as well.

In the first half, Westside came out firing on all cylinders, dominating possession for the first 15 minutes or so, getting several good chances, but not able to convert any. FC tried a few long through balls early, but was caught offside several times, eventually possession started to even off. FC had a good chance to score midway through the first on a breakaway, but a Westside centerback tackled FC's forward in the box. The FC sideline howled for a penalty, but none was called. Eventually FC would break through late in the first half, converting on a cornerkick.

In the second half, both teams started subbing players in, and FC had the better of possession. WT had two good chances to score, one on a breakaway that went wide, and another on a shot that went through the keeper's hands and off the crossbar. Midway through, FC added a second goal after a botched clearance. Late in the second half, FC's big forward got booked for bowling over WT's keeper; that was the only extra-curricular activity of note.

Cony apparently forgot the DA substitution rules, in particular the rule that you only get three substitution opportunities in the game--a fourth substitution attempt was denied by the referee.

On the plus side for Westside--WT used a flat back four rather than a diamond backfield (no sweeper) and it worked well; FC's strikers were kept in check. FC likes to play it over the top, and even without #91 in the roster, their forwards are big, fast, skilled, and physical. On the minus side--finishing is STILL a big problem for this team. FC likes to pack the box on defense and has a big and fast keeper, so being able to get off a good shot quickly is an essential skill. Westside was able to get the ball down in FC's area many times, especially in the first half, but still failed to score.

WT faces CFC tomorrow down in Salem, FC is done for the weekend.
        Copa Dad! And here we thought you had moved on! Thanks for the recap. FC Dad, sound about right to You?

Comment

What were the results in the other matches?
          BSC 3, Eastside 0.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=3995562

Comment

Copa Dad! And here we thought you had moved on! Thanks for the recap. FC Dad, sound about right to You?
            Still here, just don't usually identify myself. (A few posters from other clubs--not FC, I don't think--were getting a bit weird last year, so I've mostly dropped the "Copa Dad" identity).

Comment

Yep!
              Good recap!

Comment

Still here, just don't usually identify myself. (A few posters from other clubs--not FC, I don't think--were getting a bit weird last year, so I've mostly dropped the "Copa Dad" identity).
                Sorry about that. I am the one whonalways referred to you as Copa Dad. Honestly, I always enjoyed your thoughtful and well written recaps. It was great to hear from you again!

Comment

CFC 2 XFire 1

At some point AJS is going to start getting calls and shoot up the scoring list

Comment

WT 2 CFC 1.

Ajs got his goal.

Comment

WT 2 CFC 1.

Ajs got his goal.
                      No goal for ajs, just a lot of attempts to play it long over the top to him to no avail...all goals were scored in first half while he was on the bench

Comment

No goal for ajs, just a lot of attempts to play it long over the top to him to no avail...all goals were scored in first half while he was on the bench
                        On Saturday vs xfire that is

Comment

Gotta love these DA game reports. This one, for WT vs FC, gives 70 minutes to someone who is no longer on the team....

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=3998401

Comment

Can't coach his way out of a paper bag anymore.

Comment

Against Westside AJS showed up at halftime. Quickly got a goal over a smaller defender. Cony put a bigger defender on him, and he didn't score again.

Was more impressed with #80 than with #21 for Capitol. FC's big forward, despite all the elbows and other such things, is better than either.

Comment

Against Westside AJS showed up at halftime. Quickly got a goal over a smaller defender. Cony put a bigger defender on him, and he didn't score again.

Was more impressed with #80 than with #21 for Capitol. FC's big forward, despite all the elbows and other such things, is better than either.
                                He was probably taking his drivers permit test before the game which made him late...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X