Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What it really shows is how the "trusted sources" use it. They are not interested in objective analysis, they use it as a tool to promote their own business/agendas.

Here is the scenario. You call a well established ECNL and ask him for feedback on the players he coaches AND any others at other Clubs he would recommend. You go to a guy at a big ECNL founder club like PDA of FC Stars assuming they have good players and are far enough above the fray to be objective about opponents.

Right out of the gate, instead off being objective, they push their own agendas. You also then get other coaches doing the same thing with YNT recommendations and ID2/ PDP invites. It becomes self fulfilling. This kid must be good becasue she is getting all the invites.

Over time, things play out on the field. for most of the kids. If you look at the 2018 girls list and see the progression of some of these kids you can see how much things have changed. Some have fallen away completely ( justified) some have dropped a lot ( not really justified -but based on not getting multiple NT call ups) some have moved up a huge amount.

Bottom line is the slate is now clean again.

The ECNL was the biggest game in town so of course they attended ECNL events. many of teh YNT coaches are ECNL people. Now there is competition and many many players to see across leagues, it will only get worse.

i actually asked TDS to drop the Top 150 and simply stick to stars , but they told me its how theyt sell subscriptions so ....
    Your information actually correlates to mine. That’s exactly what I saw. The local guys are definitely selling their influence and there are parents out there buying it. Youth soccer cost my buddy close to $200K for one kid (he had more). He completely manufactured his daughter’s resume. She was in the regional pool for years but never even made honorable mention for her HS league. Knowing the guy, I’m certain he pushed the local guy to increase the ranking. He’s very slick like that. He has no qualms about greasing people’s palms. The thing is the kid has to be able to play. In his case the kid really couldn’t and the most important part is the college coaches actually saw that and expressed no interest. His game plan didn’t actually work in the end.

Comment

Your information actually correlates to mine. That’s exactly what I saw. The local guys are definitely selling their influence and there are parents out there buying it. Youth soccer cost my buddy close to $200K for one kid (he had more). He completely manufactured his daughter’s resume. She was in the regional pool for years but never even made honorable mention for her HS league. Knowing the guy, I’m certain he pushed the local guy to increase the ranking. He’s very slick like that. He has no qualms about greasing people’s palms. The thing is the kid has to be able to play. In his case the kid really couldn’t and the most important part is the college coaches actually saw that and expressed no interest. His game plan didn’t actually work in the end.
      its sometimes in the Club coaches best interest because it keeps the palm greaser greasing. Kid gets a ranking, Club coach says look at the job im doing. It all ends badly unless the kid can play. Coach loses credibility and you cant put a price on that. Some guys do it so often they just point to the few who justified it and ignore the rest. One of th top rated 2018s in the NE was totally overlooked for years Always behind players from the big Clubs. Did not stop the best ACC schools recruiting her. Eventually the ranking wen up .

A good payer who is mis ranked or not ranked at all can stay there for years unless someone does the right thing.

Comment

No, they don’t usually republish. Anyone who believes this drivel, I have a bridge to sell you. Just look at the players with the most stars in each age group. Some parents add, and some don’t. It’s obvious who does. They also populate this site.
        You are incorrect. They republish US Youth Soccer and USSF articles and the like. They have an ESPN writer that writes for them as well (Sheldon).
        I don't care if you believe this or not. Take your head out of the sand once in a while, you may actually learn something.

Comment

My kid committed and received multiple offers before even having a star. Why? because of the USSF database.
          Some kids rec'd stars when they were 14 or 15. It's a different game at 16, 17 and 18. Some kids improved that may have been overlooked before. Some stagnated. Some are not even playing soccer anymore so dropped out. nothing's perfect.

Comment

its sometimes in the Club coaches best interest because it keeps the palm greaser greasing. Kid gets a ranking, Club coach says look at the job im doing. It all ends badly unless the kid can play. Coach loses credibility and you cant put a price on that. Some guys do it so often they just point to the few who justified it and ignore the rest. One of th top rated 2018s in the NE was totally overlooked for years Always behind players from the big Clubs. Did not stop the best ACC schools recruiting her. Eventually the ranking wen up .

A good payer who is mis ranked or not ranked at all can stay there for years unless someone does the right thing.
            this is exactly why colleges don't use it to recruit. this all started because some one saw that a few colleges mentioned the rankings in their - look at who i recruited social media. yep, my kid was not ranked when she was receiving P-5 offers, including ACC. the coaches know the good players articles or not. that is not a secret.

Comment

You have to be a premiere member(paid membership) to post articles to a player profile. Anyone can fill out a profile free of charge. Tds will post articles that originate from their staff. If that article is premiere content it can't be read without a membership even if it's about your player and attached to a profile you created.
              i think this is true. some of the TDS articles are not premier articles. some are just written and posted like a recruiting round up for instance.

Comment

Know the situation. Classic about face so now it’s college soccer sux, there’s no upside for women’s soccer, and it’s all about the education.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X