Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a fool. I went full boat and my son went full boat. Looks like it didn't work out huh. College was and is free
    Full boats almost never happen in men's soccer any longer. So yeah, we believe you.

Comment

Full boats almost never happen in men's soccer any longer. So yeah, we believe you.
      You are clueless. Your shortcomings make you shortsighted. There's a whole world out there sonny. Open the eyes a bit wider and try googling a bit. Your myopia might right itself

Comment

Hey, leave the Coast Guard alum and his cadet son alone!

Comment

Is nba basketball better now than 30 years ago? I'm not sure soccer is any better. Years ago kids played pick up, in the yard, against older kids, skill built on their own, etc. Not sure i see too much of that these days. Putting goals up in the yard and getting after it. Today it's all programming and programmed play. Maybe you can argue coaching is better these days and maybe soccer intelligence has improved, and training sessions marry what you see in the big game... but i'm not sure kids are better
          Good points. There's two kids on my daughters team that play all the time. Always a ball at their feet. No coincidence they have best skill and best players on team.

Comment

"Better" is term that applies to the individual's preference.

But, more skillful? No doubt at all it's better today.

Comment

Good points. There's two kids on my daughters team that play all the time. Always a ball at their feet. No coincidence they have best skill and best players on team.
              That has always been the case in every sport
              Read any book about a great player it always says the same thing
              The we’re constantly working on their game

Comment

I think it is a deservice to the participants of youth soccer to speak of averages. There are skilled players in every aspect of the competitive game , many may not be recognized because of their place in the hierarchy. After all , it is a simple game. If the children involved are experiencing an atmosphere of success and are encouraged by the adults supporting them, it is irrelevant to entertain notions of speculation regarding is it better or not than the past This is their time, the children’s time, why add additional anxiety to the equation ?
                You have said absolutely nothing by going on this tangent.

Comment

Ow moms always have balls at their feet

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X