X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now you can take your kids there
    We are happy where we are and happy for them. Wanted to add something positive, instead of all the negativity and bashing.

Comment

We are happy where we are and happy for them. Wanted to add something positive, instead of all the negativity and bashing.
      I wish this forum had a like button.

Comment

With 3 boys who have each played at various clubs, we have seen AC many times over the years. From what we've seen it's a solid club with some very good teams and some very bad teams... not unlike many other clubs. We've won games against them and lost games. We've seen some talented kids and some kids who should be on travel. It really comes down to the age and team, nobody can make a blanket statement about the entire club across all ages, genders, and teams.

HOWEVER the one consistent thing we have seen is poor sportsmanship. More so than other clubs we've seen sore losers and nasty winners at AC. We've also seen kids spitting at players and some ugly fouls. We had parents yelling at our parents in the parking lot. For me club culture is just as important as the quality of players and coaches. This may be fine for other parents who don't care but for our family it's not a club we would send our kids.

Comment

Unfortunately AC Connecticut is joining a watered down league setup. It amazes me that people still hold as much stock in NPL when it’s basically the fourth level of competitive soccer in this region. Remarkable how much the quality has dropped off in a few short years.

Girls
          ECNL
          DA
          EDP National League
          NPL

Boys
          DA
          EDP National League
          ECNL
          NPL

Before you react, do some research on the teams competing and you’ll see for yourself.

Comment

With 3 boys who have each played at various clubs, we have seen AC many times over the years. From what we've seen it's a solid club with some very good teams and some very bad teams... not unlike many other clubs. We've won games against them and lost games. We've seen some talented kids and some kids who should be on travel. It really comes down to the age and team, nobody can make a blanket statement about the entire club across all ages, genders, and teams.

HOWEVER the one consistent thing we have seen is poor sportsmanship. More so than other clubs we've seen sore losers and nasty winners at AC. We've also seen kids spitting at players and some ugly fouls. We had parents yelling at our parents in the parking lot. For me club culture is just as important as the quality of players and coaches. This may be fine for other parents who don't care but for our family it's not a club we would send our kids.
            Been there 3 years and I've never seen such a thing. .Since you're not a club parent your knowledge of club culture will be limited. We've been very happy for the most part. I agree some teams are not good but that seems to happen everywhere now. There's more teams than talent.

Comment

I’ve heard they are taking their u11 team to Portugal. I’ve seen the team play and they have a lot of talent.
              That’s just a free boondoggle for Steve

Comment

Unfortunately AC Connecticut is joining a watered down league setup. It amazes me that people still hold as much stock in NPL when it’s basically the fourth level of competitive soccer in this region. Remarkable how much the quality has dropped off in a few short years.

Girls
                ECNL
                DA
                EDP National League
                NPL

Boys
                DA
                EDP National League
                ECNL
                NPL

Before you react, do some research on the teams competing and you’ll see for yourself.
                I think you meant to put EDP 4th on the boys side. Do a little research yourself. You must be with Sporting.

Comment

I think you meant to put EDP 4th on the boys side. Do a little research yourself. You must be with Sporting.
                  I agree!

Comment

You are clueless. Look at National League brackets vs ECNL and NPL. Still not convinced? Check out the Jeff Cup results. Majority of winners come from National League.

Comment

You are clueless. Look at National League brackets vs ECNL and NPL. Still not convinced? Check out the Jeff Cup results. Majority of winners come from National League.
                      What exactly are National league brackets? Are you talking about the ENPL championships? If so, here’s all the results from last year:

https://www.elitenationalpremierleag...l-championship

Also, regarding Jeff Cup, what ages are you talking? There’s a tourney format for younger divisions (majority of winners not EDP) and a showcase for older ages with no winners.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/d...?EventID=66906

Please show me how EDP is above ECNL or NPL again.

Comment

What exactly are National league brackets? Are you talking about the ENPL championships? If so, here’s all the results from last year:

https://www.elitenationalpremierleag...l-championship

Also, regarding Jeff Cup, what ages are you talking? There’s a tourney format for younger divisions (majority of winners not EDP) and a showcase for older ages with no winners.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/d...?EventID=66906

Please show me how EDP is above ECNL or NPL again.
                        The fact you think I’m talking about the ENPL underlines my point. Take a look at the US Youth National League Conferences on the EDP website. Then go check out the pathway and the competitions those conferences lead to. Then read up on how much exposure is available at each event. Completely different, and far better competition all round.

US Club has done a great job over the years convincing the market but the landscape has shifted.

I was referencing the Jeff Cup Showcase and while there are no official finals (with it being an actual showcase format) they still announce champions.

Comment

The fact you think I’m talking about the ENPL underlines my point. Take a look at the US Youth National League Conferences on the EDP website. Then go check out the pathway and the competitions those conferences lead to. Then read up on how much exposure is available at each event. Completely different, and far better competition all round.

US Club has done a great job over the years convincing the market but the landscape has shifted.

I was referencing the Jeff Cup Showcase and while there are no official finals (with it being an actual showcase format) they still announce champions.
                          Quit your yapping and post some of your links then. We’d love to learn more from you.

Comment

Quit your yapping and post some of your links then. We’d love to learn more from you.
                            Gladly. Now you have some actual info to compare against.

National League EDP Conferences

https://www.edpsoccer.com/nl-conferences

Regionals

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/East/

National League

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/national-league/

Comment

Not the poster but I wouldn't change it and no I'm not with Sporting. ECNL for boys is only ok and the amount of travel and cost is absolutely absurd for what you get. Locally I'd only do boys ECNL at FSA and that's only if you're a consistent starter.

That said, only the top EDP brackets are worthwhile. If you're lower down you may as well stay local.

Comment

Not the poster but I wouldn't change it and no I'm not with Sporting. ECNL for boys is only ok and the amount of travel and cost is absolutely absurd for what you get. Locally I'd only do boys ECNL at FSA and that's only if you're a consistent starter.

That said, only the top EDP brackets are worthwhile. If you're lower down you may as well stay local.
                                Cost is irrelevant. The level of competition in the ECNL is better than the EDP and NPL leagues. Simple proof. CFC boys won national championships in this leagues and are mid to lower table in the ECNL. We are talking level of competition, not cost.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X