•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youthsoccerrankings.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Currently, the rankings for Boys U14 are pretty accurate. The exception being the Stars ECNL is much higher than it should be because they won State Cup last year, that will disappear soon. The gotsoccer points are important to the teams that travel to events if they are good and hope to be placed in a top flight. That is the main tool tournament directors use for placement. The rankings don’t award teams that already have a lot of points for winning an event that doesn’t have many other quality teams. The website isn’t the most well designed but the points arent far off.
      The #1 ranked GS team is REALLY the #50 team because no Development Academy teams are included in the rankings. Being #50 is nice, but not terribly impressive.

Comment

Like them or not, GS points are used to rank teams in flights for every tournament, so embrace them!

Comment

Youthsoccerrankings.com
          that's youthsoccerrankings dot us

Comment

that's youthsoccerrankings dot us
            That site used to be better. It is an ok rough guide but I know it is a mess for the teams in our league and age group. Lots of missing games and teams appearing several times under different names with different rankings or missing all together. Some teams have ranking based on 24 months and some seem to be based on 6 months. It is ok but easily off by plus or minus 20. if they had the correct information in there, the ranking would change and be more accurate.

Comment

Like them or not, GS points are used to rank teams in flights for every tournament, so embrace them!
              GDA doesn't do tourneys.

Comment

GDA doesn't do tourneys.
                GDA Simply S U C K S

Comment

GDA Simply S U C K S
                  Sorry you feel that way.

Even more sorry that you were so paranoid you had to come on and say so.

Comment

Well, if your team is ranked in the top 20, chances are they are better than teams ranked below 300. If I were a college coach and had to choose between seeing a number 1 ranked team and one ranked number 300.....it is obvious where I am going.
                    What an amazing revelation! And...

If I were a college coach, neither number actually means a thing in determining whether or not that kid can play for me.

....it was obvious where I was coming from.

Comment

That site used to be better. It is an ok rough guide but I know it is a mess for the teams in our league and age group. Lots of missing games and teams appearing several times under different names with different rankings or missing all together. Some teams have ranking based on 24 months and some seem to be based on 6 months. It is ok but easily off by plus or minus 20. if they had the correct information in there, the ranking would change and be more accurate.
                      I have found the youthsoccer rankings site to be inaccurate as well. It doesn't pick up all the games for all the teams and some teams are ranked more than once. There is not true ranking system for youth soccer. As someone noted, there needs to be a system similar to NCAA to pick up all the games. Until that happens, it's all a guesstimate.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way.

Even more sorry that you were so paranoid you had to come on and say so.
                        Not paranoid but help me:
                        Give one positive thing GDA brought to youth soccer.

Comment

It positively screwed up the landscape. And my kid plays in GDA.

Comment

They offer scholarship money to play and travel and encourage the players to be part of their community and give back by volunteering, the DA has a great model which is moving in the right direction where the top players will be able to play regardless of their finances

Comment

What an amazing revelation! And...

If I were a college coach, neither number actually means a thing in determining whether or not that kid can play for me.

....it was obvious where I was coming from.
                              You actually think that coaches know where teams are ranked? They don't know and don't care. They do know where the top bracket teams are playing at a given tournament. They also know that if a kid contacts them and tells them that they're playing PDA's top team at a particular event - that the player will be facing good competition and it's worth seeing. If a player says that they're playing the 6th ranked team and it's some club the coach has never heard of, he might be pretty skeptical about what kind of test the kid will get.

Comment

It's provided the ability for kids to have access to training and a managed program that was not available previously to many. The fitness testing and program alone has been worth it. It's given our team an avenue to not be playing the Aztecs of the world and instead into games where they are much more competitive.

While there are other avenues out there, they are too restrictive and push a travel agenda that others were forced to replicate.

GDA is the result of a process that was broken. You can't blame them because the previous entity fvcked it up for 10 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X