Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Soccer Rankings

Anyone know what’s up with got soccer they don’t seem to be ranking as many games if any. Ik the rankings aren’t completely accurate but it still used to be a ok sense of how a team would be.

I stopped looking at GS rankings 2 years ago. First Birth Year scrambled the teams, then DA further divided the players. From what I can tell GS does not capture any DA nor ECNL results (leagues/tournaments).

Comment

I think all you need to do for rankings is to follow the obsessors on the age-specific power rankings threads....

Comment

Between Gotsoccer rankings, league standings and tournament results, we're just talking about team bragging rights here, no? I've never really understood why so many parents are so hung up on that stuff.

Am I wrong, but team bragging rights have nothing to do with whether or not a player has the goods to play at the next level or what program is a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Between Gotsoccer rankings, league standings and tournament results, we're just talking about team bragging rights here, no? I've never really understood why so many parents are so hung up on that stuff.

Am I wrong, but team bragging rights have nothing to do with whether or not a player has the goods to play at the next level or what program is a good fit.
          Human Nature. We like to rank things, and differentiate ourselves.

Rankings especially appeal to those of us who want to believe our mediocre Mia really is special (not just because she play on team with super Suzie, and excellent Ellie)

Comment

I think all you need to do for rankings is to follow the obsessors on the age-specific power rankings threads....
            Haha. Where are they?

Comment

Haha. Where are they?
              http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=150428

Seems nobody in the 06 and 05 age groups were nearly as obsessive enough to consider doing such a thing. It was popular before that.

Comment

Got it - so like this one, although it's club specific it seems.
                FC Stars ECNL U15
                It's a good idea to see what is going on out there for that age group I guess.

Comment

Human Nature. We like to rank things, and differentiate ourselves.

Rankings especially appeal to those of us who want to believe our mediocre Mia really is special (not just because she play on team with super Suzie, and excellent Ellie)
                  You are always so negative...it's actually kind of sad.

Comment

I stopped looking at GS rankings 2 years ago. First Birth Year scrambled the teams, then DA further divided the players. From what I can tell GS does not capture any DA nor ECNL results (leagues/tournaments).
                    Is it even relevant anymore?

Comment

GS points don’t mean anything to HS & college coaches.
                      Most any kid who is decent can play on a team with a decent GS standings.
                      It’s a pay to play system and if your really that special then your probably playing for free, so please parents STOP the bragging about GS points

Comment

GS points don’t mean anything to HS & college coaches.
                        Most any kid who is decent can play on a team with a decent GS standings.
                        It’s a pay to play system and if your really that special then your probably playing for free, so please parents STOP the bragging about GS points
                        https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...ens-soccer-rpi

It's as confusing as the RPI rankings in the NCAA divisions. I am still confused as to how these are awarded. But, at least with the NCAA rankings, have there are some useful links like the brackets, history, videos, and stats (goals scored, shot accuracy, assists overall/assists per game, goals against, save percentage, etc.).

If GS had more than just rankings, it would actually be a useful tool.

Comment

Currently, the rankings for Boys U14 are pretty accurate. The exception being the Stars ECNL is much higher than it should be because they won State Cup last year, that will disappear soon. The gotsoccer points are important to the teams that travel to events if they are good and hope to be placed in a top flight. That is the main tool tournament directors use for placement. The rankings don’t award teams that already have a lot of points for winning an event that doesn’t have many other quality teams. The website isn’t the most well designed but the points are far off.

Comment

Gotsoccer

Currently, the rankings for Boys U14 are pretty accurate. The exception being the Stars ECNL is much higher than it should be because they won State Cup last year, that will disappear soon. The gotsoccer points are important to the teams that travel to events if they are good and hope to be placed in a top flight. That is the main tool tournament directors use for placement. The rankings don’t award teams that already have a lot of points for winning an event that doesn’t have many other quality teams. The website isn’t the most well designed but the points arent far off.

Comment

Well, if your team is ranked in the top 20, chances are they are better than teams ranked below 300. If I were a college coach and had to choose between seeing a number 1 ranked team and one ranked number 300.....it is obvious where I am going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X