Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filming high school games

How common is it for a high school to film girls soccer games? My daughter is going to be a freshman at an FCIAC school this fall. I would be happy to film. Is it kosher for a parent to do this?

You didn't say why you were filming it? You make is sound like you are asking to film it for the school? If so, stay out of the coach's business. Let her or him take care of that if they feel it's necessary. Otherwise if it's for your daughter to provide clips of her to a college coach then you should be fine. Anything else, I'd say keep your video off, as it moves in to creep territory.

Comment

Varies by school since the cost is usually borne by the booster club not the school. Ours videos the "big" games and posts them online for kids to watch or use for a highlight reel. However, it tends to be a big field view and it might not always highlight your player well. Quality can vary too depending on who you hire. Parents videoing their kids isn't unusual, but not many parents are because on a typical HS team not that many are trying to get recruited. At top club games it can look like a presidential press conference there's so many cameras set up.

Comment

If your daughter plays for CFC, then they’ve got plenty of videos because they send them to all the D1 schools. That’s why they commit 100% of their kids ECNL/NPL, per cfc DB parents.

Comment

CFC troll posting three times in two minutes. He sucks at trolling but he is persistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            You didn't say why you were filming it? You make is sound like you are asking to film it for the school? If so, stay out of the coach's business. Let her or him take care of that if they feel it's necessary. Otherwise if it's for your daughter to provide clips of her to a college coach then you should be fine. Anything else, I'd say keep your video off, as it moves in to creep territory.
            This guy is a douche. If a parent wants to film a game, most coaches and most fellow parents will be supportive. Why pay a service if a parent will do it for free? That assumes you actually have some skill and the video is clear. Coach may not use it, but he isn’t going to care if you post it and make available to all other players and parents.

Oh...def not creep territory unless you are trying to film the locker room.

We have a guy who takes stills in college of my kid and her teammates. No one thinks he is a creep. Very appreciative of the images of thier kids doing what they do. No one films, because all the games are professionally filmed and video is shared with the players.

Comment

CFC troll posting three times in two minutes. He sucks at trolling but he is persistent.
              DB CFC parents are really good at trolling. they must spread it out to look like many people are doing it.

Comment

Question Man Responds

None of your schools have that automated camera system that films and links back to the NFHS website for live stream and replay of your school's athletic events? Wasn't there a big push in some of the high school conferences across the state to get onboard with that technology in the last couple of years? Weren't there some grants out there for schools to apply for?

Comment

DB CFC parents are really good at trolling. they must spread it out to look like many people are doing it.
                  No troll, that would be you. Yet again you just posted another CFC slam on another thread.

Comment

I don’t get the feeling that many high schools film girls soccer games as a routine thing. Football - yes. Darien is great at filming many of its athletic events not just football.

Comment

I don’t get the feeling that many high schools film girls soccer games as a routine thing. Football - yes. Darien is great at filming many of its athletic events not just football.
                      At our school any filming is the responsibility of the teams/booster clubs. The school won't pay for any of it. Regardless of who pays, I don't think teams need to record every game anyway - do some of the more interesting games if the coach really is going to use it as a teaching tool, and give kids chances to clip some highlights if they want.

Comment

Many/some HS’s are hooked up with NFHS as above poster mentioned. With that technology, any game from any sport (boys or girls) or level (V/JV/Freshman) will be recorded.

Comment

At our school any filming is the responsibility of the teams/booster clubs. The school won't pay for any of it. Regardless of who pays, I don't think teams need to record every game anyway - do some of the more interesting games if the coach really is going to use it as a teaching tool, and give kids chances to clip some highlights if they want.
                          I wouldn't expect the school to film all games - especially blowouts. Kids usually don't play well when the other team is not competitive. I don't think anyone can stop a parent from filming a high school game as long as there is no charge to watch the footage.

Comment

This guy is a douche. If a parent wants to film a game, most coaches and most fellow parents will be supportive. Why pay a service if a parent will do it for free? That assumes you actually have some skill and the video is clear. Coach may not use it, but he isn’t going to care if you post it and make available to all other players and parents.

Oh...def not creep territory unless you are trying to film the locker room.

We have a guy who takes stills in college of my kid and her teammates. No one thinks he is a creep. Very appreciative of the images of thier kids doing what they do. No one films, because all the games are professionally filmed and video is shared with the players.
                            Oh you sound cool. Do you text the coach too and tell him what you are seeing on the sidelines? Let the team/booster handle it.

Comment

None of your schools have that automated camera system that films and links back to the NFHS website for live stream and replay of your school's athletic events? Wasn't there a big push in some of the high school conferences across the state to get onboard with that technology in the last couple of years? Weren't there some grants out there for schools to apply for?
                              Anyone else find “Question Man” annoying as hell? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X