Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCFC vs NEFC past weekend

Looking at the scores posted. Have players which want to stay in DA moved on to other DA teams in preparation for the club moving into ECNL

I understood this club was the strength in NE GDA.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking at the scores posted. Have players which want to stay in DA moved on to other DA teams in preparation for the club moving into ECNL

Yo, listen and you shall hear, of the midnight run of Paul Revere....

The only score that you should concern yourself with is the 04 level, as its the only score that the club truly cares about, and yeah they want to win too...

Comment

Honestly, you should be more concerned with our farm team, NYSC, as they lost 5-0 to Oakwood, but Oakwood lost to NEFC 8-1, so they are good for about 12-0....

Comment

The teams are in a hot mess right now due to injuries. The problem with only taking 15 players on a roster on a GDA team is if you have a few injuries, with the strict substitution rules, you’re always at risk of playing a man down Such is the case with NYCFC this spring. They start off with 12 players, make their sub and have an injury and Bam you’re down a man on the field

Comment

Yo, listen and you shall hear, of the midnight run of Paul Revere....

The only score that you should concern yourself with is the 04 level, as its the only score that the club truly cares about, and yeah they want to win too...
          Agree. That team has players who are working hard, unlike the 02/03 team who has a bunch of prima Donna’s on the team. Their coach must spend more time deflating their heads then practicing soccer.
          On paper, they should be able to compete with the best of them. On the field, they struggle to connect 3 passes

Comment

Hard to put your heart and soul into something that will be gone in a few months.

Comment

Hard to put your heart and soul into something that will be gone in a few months.
              How so? Can't keep playing and working hard for the love of it and desire to improve? Really that tied up into some stupid patch?

Comment

How so? Can't keep playing and working hard for the love of it and desire to improve? Really that tied up into some stupid patch?
                Yep, the MLS patch means more to us than the DA one, our family loves NYCFC, and we go to games as much as possible, not sure about the new club going forward, we really liked what we had, much better team last year, better chemistry overall. 03 team is searching for their soul, its a battle between good and evil, we shall see...

Comment

Yep, the MLS patch means more to us than the DA one, our family loves NYCFC, and we go to games as much as possible, not sure about the new club going forward, we really liked what we had, much better team last year, better chemistry overall. 03 team is searching for their soul, its a battle between good and evil, we shall see...
                  I have been told the your daughter will still be wearing the NYCFC uniforms at WC so problem solved, right?

Comment

The teams are in a hot mess right now due to injuries. The problem with only taking 15 players on a roster on a GDA team is if you have a few injuries, with the strict substitution rules, you’re always at risk of playing a man down Such is the case with NYCFC this spring. They start off with 12 players, make their sub and have an injury and Bam you’re down a man on the field
                    The only team suffering from that is the 00/01 squad, the other teams are fine. The oldest team has chronic roster issues, not enough bodies, not enough effort...some have packed-it-in, just trying to get through the spring and to their respective colleges uninjured, its every man for themselves sometimes, or at all times....

Comment

I have been told the your daughter will still be wearing the NYCFC uniforms at WC so problem solved, right?
                      No, not the same. My kid likes the DA configuration, more training, and no HS soccer, ECNL will never be as good to her, its for girls who play other sports as she puts it...

Comment

Your daughter is only playing soccer to be on a NYCFC team? Well that’s disheartening. My daughter plays because she loves the game. When her team was changing because the the birth year change, she didn’t give up because her team was coming to an end, she worked harder to make tohe most of the time she had. When she knew she was leaving her club to go to a GDA team, she worked her ass off so that the time with her teammates would be memorable. I hate to say this, but your daughter should quit now

Comment

Your daughter is only playing soccer to be on a NYCFC team? Well that’s disheartening. My daughter plays because she loves the game. When her team was changing because the the birth year change, she didn’t give up because her team was coming to an end, she worked harder to make tohe most of the time she had. When she knew she was leaving her club to go to a GDA team, she worked her ass off so that the time with her teammates would be memorable. I hate to say this, but your daughter should quit now
                          Prove anything you just wrote....

Comment

Prove anything you just wrote....
                            What the....?

How is someone supposed to prove what they wrote? They described an opinion of an experience; how is that provable/unprovable?

Comment

No, not the same. My kid likes the DA configuration, more training, and no HS soccer, ECNL will never be as good to her, its for girls who play other sports as she puts it...
                              Good luck finding that outside of NYCFC. And I disagree that they play other sports. I think they just like having that community support in something they are good at.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X