Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS buying into Shoreline is a huge mistake. Nothing of value here!!
    Greenwich branch of Shoreline is very strong particularly U12-U16 age groups. 2 State Champions and 3 teams off to regional's in West Virginia next weekend. Definitely one of the better programs in lower Fairfield County.

Comment

Greenwich branch of Shoreline is very strong particularly U12-U16 age groups. 2 State Champions and 3 teams off to regional's in West Virginia next weekend. Definitely one of the better programs in lower Fairfield County.
      Stop with the silliness. None of the big clubs play in the state cup. It’s a travel Cup now. So I guess Shoreline is a good travel club.

Comment

Stop with the silliness. None of the big clubs play in the state cup. It’s a travel Cup now. So I guess Shoreline is a good travel club.
        Depends what you class as the "big clubs", CFC United & FSA ECNL, OW & BS DA? Yes fair but I wouldn't say Shoreline would suggest they are even at that level. Sporting, Rush Elite, Shoreline Greenwich are probably the best of the rest and still provide reasonable level of play in their EDP NL Conferences and State Cup.

I dont think we can kid ourselves and suggest even the big clubs in Connecticut have a particularity high standard of player all of it is glorified grassroots soccer. My point was that there are some strong teams at that branch and talented players and I wouldn't confuse it with the standard in North Branford. Yes it maybe a chocolate medal but you dont see the other lower Fairfield County clubs (Greenwich United, Chelsea Piers, CFC Chelsea, Soccer Viza) competing at these regional tournaments.

Comment

Two comments trashing CT clubs at the same time that don't meet your standards. Not everyone can or wants to play for the higher level clubs. If kids are playing why do you care? None of those so called top clubs are doing much on the national stage either.

Comment

Does Ben leaving with teams hurt Shoreline? Do they even care? Similar to Rick K walking out on SCP with his teams a few years ago. History is repeating itself...

Comment

Does Ben leaving with teams hurt Shoreline? Do they even care? Similar to Rick K walking out on SCP with his teams a few years ago. History is repeating itself...

Would be very surprised if Ben took teams, more likely parents looking at Rush as an option over GPS. Ben is a poor organizer and even poorer coach.

Comment

Would be very surprised if Ben took teams, more likely parents looking at Rush as an option over GPS. Ben is a poor organizer and even poorer coach.
                Some families leaving, Rush and Ginga mostly. Most families staying with Ben. The families trust him and the boys like him. I don’t agree with statement regarding him being a poor coach, Ben is a good coach. However, his organization skills are poor.

Comment

Ben is a good guy and I hope he does not start getting bashed on this board. He has probably angered the powers that be at Shoreline and GPS because he has walked out with most of the families. Families and kids stick with people they know and it is not hard to imagine that the majority of families are following him. What he is able to do on his own has yet to be seen. Probably going to struggle but you can’t fault the guy for trying. Clearly something went down and it was probably money.

Comment

Some families leaving, Rush and Ginga mostly. Most families staying with Ben. The families trust him and the boys like him. I don’t agree with statement regarding him being a poor coach, Ben is a good coach. However, his organization skills are poor.
                    That's good to hear. A lot of time for BJ and some of the coach's who were with him mainly JM and PT.

Comment

That's good to hear. A lot of time for BJ and some of the coach's who were with him mainly JM and PT.
                      Paul is a good coach that could go anywhere. Rest of Ben’s guys are young and inexperienced. Will probably be good coaches but this is where they will make a lot of mistakes but grow and learn. Not sure I want to pay a ton of dough for these guys to cut their teeth.

Comment

i saw email linking GPS with Shoreline but really dont see anything on their website yet. Is this some sort of slow transition?

Comment

i saw email linking GPS with Shoreline but really dont see anything on their website yet. Is this some sort of slow transition?
                          We have been through this every spring for the past 3 or 4 and every fall its still shoreline.

Comment

We have been through this every spring for the past 3 or 4 and every fall its still shoreline.
                            They will keep the name and then eventually change it to GPS as this is their track record

Comment

GPS/Shoreline had tryouts and they were a disaster. No one showed up, at least not enough to field a single team. How on earth did they not realize everyone had left. That is a club that is out of touch with its people.

Comment

GPS/Shoreline had tryouts and they were a disaster. No one showed up, at least not enough to field a single team. How on earth did they not realize everyone had left. That is a club that is out of touch with its people.
                                So wait, you went to the tryouts? Seems you didn’t realize that no one would be there...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X