Stars ecnl.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Stars had DA and ECNL last year but the DA teams were a bit weaker than the ECNL teams. I would also assume that all the teams Jason coach got the best players for his ECNL East teams then the West teams are inferior and most likely just a bit better than their NPL last year. The NPL teams will be a bit weaker now also due to losing top players to the ECNL West teams. If any of the coaches from the ECNL West teams try to tell you they are just as good as the ECNL East teams just remember who is coaching, not Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Since Stars had DA and ECNL last year but the DA teams were a bit weaker than the ECNL teams. I would also assume that all the teams Jason coach got the best players for his ECNL East teams then the West teams are inferior and most likely just a bit better than their NPL last year. The NPL teams will be a bit weaker now also due to losing top players to the ECNL West teams. If any of the coaches from the ECNL West teams try to tell you they are just as good as the ECNL East teams just remember who is coaching, not Jason!
      Wait, what's next...you going to tell me that land I just bought really is swampland???????

Comment

Paying first class rates for travel for "B" team and knowing it ,makes it even more ridiculous .

Comment

Paying first class rates for travel for "B" team and knowing it ,makes it even more ridiculous .
          Paying first class for the travel "A" team is not much better. The entire youth soccer situation is ridiculous. There really is no first class.

Comment

My prediction is in five years DA will be the top league and ECNL will be relegated to a 2nd tier league simply due to lack of support for US Soccer Federation. The goal is to put the top players in a controlled environment where national coaches can evaluate players and streamline development. ECNL just doesn’t have the resources and it is driven by members (individual clubs).

Comment

My prediction is in five years DA will be the top league and ECNL will be relegated to a 2nd tier league simply due to lack of support for US Soccer Federation. The goal is to put the top players in a controlled environment where national coaches can evaluate players and streamline development. ECNL just doesn’t have the resources and it is driven by members (individual clubs).
              I agree with the intent, but I don't believe it will end up that way.

My prediction is within 5 years US Soccer realizes girls are different, and puts in a different structure whereby HS play will be allowed.

Then, and only then, will DA the lead on ECNL.

Comment

The support for these leagues comes from the paying families, not the USSF. The one that serves the customers best, will win IMO.

Comment

The support for these leagues comes from the paying families, not the USSF. The one that serves the customers best, will win IMO.
                  That said - if the USSF did significantly subsidize the league, they could crush the competition. I dont see it happening. IF that was their strategy they would have already used it.

Comment

I agree with the intent, but I don't believe it will end up that way.

My prediction is within 5 years US Soccer realizes girls are different, and puts in a different structure whereby HS play will be allowed.

Then, and only then, will DA the lead on ECNL.
                    They are well aware of the HS thing. If they don't do something different and soon 5 years from now this league will be a historical footnote

Comment

Which is why ECNl is just fine for now. GDA doesn't offer enough cost savings for the average middle to upper income soccer family. They will chose based on quality fo coaching and fit. in the NE there' aren't many GDA clubs that offer something better.

Comment

Let's wait until the older teams actually start playing games before reaching A vs B team conclusions. The younger A and B teams are close to each other with the U13s 3rd and 5th and the U14 teams 1st and 3rd

Comment

Your logic is sound. Can I assume that you feel it is also ridiculous to...
                          pay same first class rate for an A Team in a "C" League?
                          pays same first class rate, and same travel to be with a "B" Club?

Comment

This will be interesting to watch. I like choices in the market, and hope those who choose DA get what they seek, and those who like ECNL also get what they seek. Personally, I think DA has the much tougher go. It's USSF that doesn't have the resources.

Both leagues appear to be dependent on player's paying. You say ECNL is driven by it's members, no argument there, but those members are driven by their customers. Those customers are parents that care more about college connections than NT, that like to see their star in the local paper, and in many cases, let her play other sports too.

USSF is going to have to find a new economic model. Directly competing with the ECNL for parent payers that don't want to buy what their selling is not sustainable. Alternatively, accepting lower tier players, whose parents happily pay for the status, runs against their goal of putting "Top Players in a controlled environment". Either way they lose.

My prediction is that DA and US Club (ECNL, NPL) find a way to make nice, and DA replaces ODP/ID2 as the top badge in the land

Comment

Your logic is sound. Can I assume that you feel it is also ridiculous to...
                              pay same first class rate for an A Team in a "C" League?
                              pays same first class rate, and same travel to be with a "B" Club?
                              There is no A,B,C just good teams, mediocre teams and bad teams. I’ve seen USYSA teams full of top level commits. Rich New England folks love status!!

Comment

DA is not a viable choice for kids that want to go to private high schools. Like it or not their soccer ability helps them get into to these great schools. You would give up Phillips Exeter, Phillips Andover, Choate, Nobles, and the list continues???

So...probably depends on region. In northeast, not going to happen.

This will be interesting to watch. I like choices in the market, and hope those who choose DA get what they seek, and those who like ECNL also get what they seek. Personally, I think DA has the much tougher go. It's USSF that doesn't have the resources.

Both leagues appear to be dependent on player's paying. You say ECNL is driven by it's members, no argument there, but those members are driven by their customers. Those customers are parents that care more about college connections than NT, that like to see their star in the local paper, and in many cases, let her play other sports too.

USSF is going to have to find a new economic model. Directly competing with the ECNL for parent payers that don't want to buy what their selling is not sustainable. Alternatively, accepting lower tier players, whose parents happily pay for the status, runs against their goal of putting "Top Players in a controlled environment". Either way they lose.

My prediction is that DA and US Club (ECNL, NPL) find a way to make nice, and DA replaces ODP/ID2 as the top badge in the land

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X