Professional Soccer to Hartford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-7 3 Goals Scored 18 allowed. Can’t wait for the home opener. Anyone wanna tail gate?

Comment

Have any of you haters ever watched expansion teams in any sport? It is always rough except for maybe the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that doesn't mean the team won't eventually be good.

Stop the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Have any of you haters ever watched expansion teams in any sport? It is always rough except for maybe the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that doesn't mean the team won't eventually be good.

Stop the hate.
        Let us know when they win a game

Comment

Stop the hate.

Im with you on that, BTW I do want Hartford to succeed but didn’t the Vegas team win an NHL championship it’s debut year? And many others have done well, look at Atlanta United in its first year.

It’s all about the players that you pick and the Chemistry of management with the team.

Hartford will struggle no doubt but I’d give them two seasons to see if it’s a bust or not.

Comment

Im with you on that, BTW I do want Hartford to succeed but didn’t the Vegas team win an NHL championship it’s debut year? And many others have done well, look at Atlanta United in its first year.

It’s all about the players that you pick and the Chemistry of management with the team.

Hartford will struggle no doubt but I’d give them two seasons to see if it’s a bust or not.
            they were runner up. They had one of the best expansion team records in history.

Comment

Expansion teams have an expansion draft. They get to pick high caliber players. They also have a boat load of money to pursue any free agents. You can't even make a comparison

A new soccer club has no player pool to pick from and no money on which to go out and get real quality players.

They have played only the best teams in the league so far and two of them are MLS based teams. Also all of their games have been away. Probably not easy living for a minor league team.

Opening day is against another bottom table team. Lets see if they can go get a win at home and make the fans in the stands happy!

Comment

Yes, I hope the 3 fans in the stands are happy! Viva La Athletic

Comment

Didn't MLS' Atlanta win the cup in their 2nd year and have attendance records in 1st year?

Comment

A month ago, I predicted 2 years until they go out of business. I am revising my prediction. I am going with June

Comment

Didn't MLS' Atlanta win the cup in their 2nd year and have attendance records in 1st year?
                      First, its MLS. It's like MLB vs minor league. But also Atlanta has owners that have invested heavily, know what they're doing and did an incredible amount of community outreach to get local support. The only things I've head about Hartford has been here on Talking Soccer. Hard to fill seats if no one knows about it.

Comment

A month ago, I predicted 2 years until they go out of business. I am revising my prediction. I am going with June
                        Look at Elm City. They won the championship and had good turnouts in a smaller facility - they closed up after year 1.

Comment

Expansion teams have an expansion draft. They get to pick high caliber players. They also have a boat load of money to pursue any free agents. You can't even make a comparison

A new soccer club has no player pool to pick from and no money on which to go out and get real quality players.

They have played only the best teams in the league so far and two of them are MLS based teams. Also all of their games have been away. Probably not easy living for a minor league team.

Opening day is against another bottom table team. Lets see if they can go get a win at home and make the fans in the stands happy!
                          95% of the tickets for the home opener will be comps! dont let the attendance at the opener fool you!

Comment

95% of the tickets for the home opener will be comps! dont let the attendance at the opener fool you!
                            Yes just give tickets to local charities and youth soccer clubs and seats will get filled. But you can only give it away for so long

Comment

I was going to go but I think with the 6 or 7 cars that end up going traffic will be a mess

Comment

Went online to buy tickets, already sold out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X