Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Half those imports can't coach a lick. I played little league baseball until 13. I could probably teach the brits the game... cutoff man, rotation play, etc just as these dolts coach with limited knowledge. Gps is littered with this type of quality
    Yes, but no one would be listening to you unless you have an accent. Even bad instruction sounds legit when you have an accent. Fact.

Comment

Yes, but no one would be listening to you unless you have an accent. Even bad instruction sounds legit when you have an accent. Fact.
      Technically, if he went to England to teach baseball, he would have an accent!

Comment

Technically, if he went to England to teach baseball, he would have an accent!
        True. The post didn't say where teaching baseball. Good point.

Comment

That does it! I’m going to Britain to marry a nice British girl so I can coach poor soccer and scream at their kids like the GPS coaches do.
          You do realize that the more highly regarded coaches in virtually any sport, but basketball in particular, are all yellers.
          In fact, intense over coaching is rewarded.
          Have a heart attack while your at it and it’s a pay raise...

Comment

You do realize that the more highly regarded coaches in virtually any sport, but basketball in particular, are all yellers.
            In fact, intense over coaching is rewarded.
            Have a heart attack while your at it and it’s a pay raise...
            Our club got after my d’s coach for being too quiet
            Great coach too...knew the game and the girls liked him
            Few parents complained about lack of motivation or that he wasn't involved enough because he didn’t yell during games

Comment

Our club got after my d’s coach for being too quiet
              Great coach too...knew the game and the girls liked him
              Few parents complained about lack of motivation or that he wasn't involved enough because he didn’t yell during games
              If your not yelling your not passionate. For some reason parents think coaching means yelling during the games.

Comment

If your not yelling your not passionate. For some reason parents think coaching means yelling during the games.
                Yelling in a critical way or yelling direction? One is not coaching and one is.

I also like a coach that doesn't yell if the players are developing. You don't need to yell to be effective.

Comment

Yelling in a critical way or yelling direction? One is not coaching and one is.

I also like a coach that doesn't yell if the players are developing. You don't need to yell to be effective.
                  The less yelling you hear from the coach, the better they are doing. It’s also what/how they yell that’s important. For example, “Sophia, please play wider” is helpful. Screaming “attack the ball” at random intervals is not. Let’s face it, if they aren’t adequately coached in practice or refuse/can’t learn, there’s nothing a coach is going to say in a game that will be effective.

Comment

All the negative stuff in the comment you replied too was about GPS, it said that the Bolts were the leaders in experienced coaches.
                    The Bolts!! They just snatched R Tex from FCUSA for next season they are real leaders in taking other people’s coaches!

Comment

The Bolts!! They just snatched R Tex from FCUSA for next season they are real leaders in taking other people’s coaches!
                      GPS is now managed by an equity group and don't understand the game.

Bolts are only in it for money.

Comment

GPS is now managed by an equity group and don't understand the game.

Bolts are only in it for money.
                        Yes that's so telling. Bunch of d1ckheads swinging in cayman island hammocks

Comment

100% correct. My daughter now has a new coach at GPS and all he does is yell but yell absolute nonsense. ‘run faster’ & ‘work harder’ & ‘what are you doing’! Awful coach but thankfully the end is in sight. On the flip side, we used to have a coach at GPS (before this screamer) and although he didn’t scream and yell, he had no people skills and looked like he was ready to fall asleep at any point! Truly awful coaches.

I do wonder if any of the GPS coaches are forced to do their badges and keep up with the forever changing game? My guess would be not, as this would be an added expense and the support of someones development!

Comment

100% correct. My daughter now has a new coach at GPS and all he does is yell but yell absolute nonsense. ‘run faster’ & ‘work harder’ & ‘what are you doing’! Awful coach but thankfully the end is in sight. On the flip side, we used to have a coach at GPS (before this screamer) and although he didn’t scream and yell, he had no people skills and looked like he was ready to fall asleep at any point! Truly awful coaches.

I do wonder if any of the GPS coaches are forced to do their badges and keep up with the forever changing game? My guess would be not, as this would be an added expense and the support of someones development!
                            “Ever changing game”????? Hahahaha
                            It’s been played the same since inception with very few positional variations
                            Put the ball in their net and keep it out of yours

Only the increased involvement of parents and their stupidity has changed

Comment

“Ever changing game”????? Hahahaha
                              It’s been played the same since inception with very few positional variations
                              Put the ball in their net and keep it out of yours

Only the increased involvement of parents and their stupidity has changed
                              Every sport changes over time. Soccer is no different.

Of course scoring more than the opponent is the goal, but how that is done of course changes.

The fact that you mention "very few positional variations" is telling. Heck, teams drastically change their positioning from half-to-half, never mind year-to-year or, since it's "inception"

Comment

I have it on good authority that GPS do not promote taking coaching courses to their coaches, nor do the reimburse the course registration fees. They are one of the only local clubs not to support and invest in the growth of their coaches. I wonder why they have such a high turnover?!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X