Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid did this and moved up from within a club. So it is possible. But it takes a long time...you usually have to go through at least an entire season and demonstrate your abilities.

But it isn't as common as you would think. It's probably 2 our of 20 kids that move up within a club. A lot of times it seems its easier to move to a new club to move up.

My point was more that a lot of clubs use DA tryouts as a tool to bring new $$ in to the club for lower levels. I get it...clubs need to make money. Just seems that a Seacoast DA tryout is misleading...they sort of imply that there is going to be a DA team in Mass...that's not the case...there's probably going to be a NS NPL team in Group B but they are having a DA tryout to draw people in to fill the new NPL team spots. Just my opinion...I could be wrong.
    Nowhere did they insinuate there would be a DA team in MA.

If you are a good player on the North Shore and want something more than what your current league offers (and by "more" that's dependent on each family's definition) then you can go to Mendon, you can go to Lancaster, or you can go to Epping.

Comment

Nowhere did they insinuate there would be a DA team in MA.

If you are a good player on the North Shore and want something more than what your current league offers (and by "more" that's dependent on each family's definition) then you can go to Mendon, you can go to Lancaster, or you can go to Epping.
      You don't think announcing "The club will hold a Development Academy ID session on Saturday, May 11th" on the SEACOAST UNITED RESTRUCTURES CLUB OPERATIONS IN MASSACHUSETTS web page insinuates DA in Massachusetts? I'm not trying to be insulting...but c'mon.

Comment

You don't think announcing "The club will hold a Development Academy ID session on Saturday, May 11th" on the SEACOAST UNITED RESTRUCTURES CLUB OPERATIONS IN MASSACHUSETTS web page insinuates DA in Massachusetts? I'm not trying to be insulting...but c'mon.
        No, I don't. Maybe I'm the fool but I read that as:

-DA ID Day on May 11th (which they have several)

-All MA clubs will roll into one umbrellas due to several acquisitions, they are all over the place and needed to be under one umbrella.

Not a single time did I ever think that.

Comment

No, I don't. Maybe I'm the fool but I read that as:

-DA ID Day on May 11th (which they have several)

-All MA clubs will roll into one umbrellas due to several acquisitions, they are all over the place and needed to be under one umbrella.

Not a single time did I ever think that.
          Personally think it's awesome that they have DA IDs often and everywhere. You never know when or where you are going to spot someone, kids have off days so more chances the better, and they develop differently and at different times.

My kid was first invited to practice with DA, then made the team and has been really fortunate through the system. That being said every parent needs to keep in mind that there are only 20 or so spots on the DA team. Seacoast isn't going to set your kid up to fail. And they do encourage kids to practice with teams above them either age wise or talent wise when appropriate. Not every kid will make the DA but if you have one at Seacoast, unlike some other clubs, your kid at least has a pathway to the highest league.

Comment

I would rather have my kid quit soccer than make that infernal drive to Epping 4 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              I would rather have my kid quit soccer than make that infernal drive to Epping 4 times a week.
              Ouch; real loving parent you are, huh?

Take it over that ride to the death to Lancaster any time.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                Depends on where you live. Epping would shorten my current drive by 20-25 minutes per practice.

Comment

yeah, I agree. they could've been more clear in explaining things.

Comment

Ouch; real loving parent you are, huh?

Take it over that ride to the death to Lancaster any time.
                    Not being willing to drive stupid distances in the name of soccer does not make someone an unloving parent. That's a reach even for this cesspool. In fact, one could argue this is a great parent who isn't trying to be their child's best friend and isn't afraid to set limits.

Comment

Just curious where are you seeing this? At the younger age groups that actually have scores/standings listed in the NEP (for non-DA age groups), I only see one case where a Seacoast top satellite team is ranked higher than the top Epping team. I know that particular Epping team (and there are others, as well) has their best kids playing up. Those are the players who will most likely be forming the core of the DA team when they reach U13.
                      There is already a boys U12 DA team so I imagine they will continue to be the core DA team at U13.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X