Select AP to DA...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is SSS DA tryouts or was the ID clinic the actual tryout.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      When is SSS DA tryouts or was the ID clinic the actual tryout.
      Good question, I don't think they announced actual tryouts yet. I'm sure they are trying to lock up all their top players first, then compare the remainder to the pool of girls that have shown up at the ID events.

Comment

Good question, I don't think they announced actual tryouts yet. I'm sure they are trying to lock up all their top players first, then compare the remainder to the pool of girls that have shown up at the ID events.
        If you aren’t already on the team and haven’t been asked to I’d clinic I think it’s a stretch to think you’ll show up at “tryouts” and get an offer. Mold is pretty much set by then

Comment

If you aren’t already on the team and haven’t been asked to I’d clinic I think it’s a stretch to think you’ll show up at “tryouts” and get an offer. Mold is pretty much set by then
          It will be interesting to see how many AP players jump ship to Scorps or Stars for the ECNL route. There has been a lot of talk but not sure how many would actually move.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many AP players jump ship to Scorps or Stars for the ECNL route. There has been a lot of talk but not sure how many would actually move.
            I would guess you may see movement from players that are already playing HS and won't be granted a waiver... for the younger ages, no need for those kids to jump ship yet. Even though they created the new pre-DA league for u12 and u13, the travel would be just as bad if those kids moved to Scorpions or Stars pre-ECNL/ECNL.

Comment

I would guess you may see movement from players that are already playing HS and won't be granted a waiver... for the younger ages, no need for those kids to jump ship yet. Even though they created the new pre-DA league for u12 and u13, the travel would be just as bad if those kids moved to Scorpions or Stars pre-ECNL/ECNL.
              Will they have enough in the older age groups. Everyone is being so Secretive with their plans. I’m guessing my kid will not want to give up HS

Comment

Will they have enough in the older age groups. Everyone is being so Secretive with their plans. I’m guessing my kid will not want to give up HS
                Do what's best for her and what she wants.

Comment

Why is everyone freaking out about this change? Get some of this where kids on top team have to make a decision, but if you choose not to go DA, if you are even selected, nothing changes other than some new faces. You still play in the same NPL league you have always been in, play HS, and competition will still be strong across all the teams. If you had 18 kids in a roster for say u13 maybe 14 of them will get selected for DA next year and for the rest of the age group nothing changes. Year 1 will be a growing year. Even if kids make DA year 1 doesn’t mean they will next year. Once in DA some teams pull kids from over 2hours away, you got kids from Maine, VT, and CT making the drive for ecnl and DA. Also waivers are for private school only, there are no public school waivers allowed, it’s in the DA rules. Violate and get reported and your club gets in big trouble. It has happen and their have been consequences in the past

Comment

Why is everyone freaking out about this change? Get some of this where kids on top team have to make a decision, but if you choose not to go DA, if you are even selected, nothing changes other than some new faces. You still play in the same NPL league you have always been in, play HS, and competition will still be strong across all the teams. If you had 18 kids in a roster for say u13 maybe 14 of them will get selected for DA next year and for the rest of the age group nothing changes. Year 1 will be a growing year. Even if kids make DA year 1 doesn’t mean they will next year. Once in DA some teams pull kids from over 2hours away, you got kids from Maine, VT, and CT making the drive for ecnl and DA. Also waivers are for private school only, there are no public school waivers allowed, it’s in the DA rules. Violate and get reported and your club gets in big trouble. It has happen and their have been consequences in the past
                    Except in NH where GDA girls did play HS last fall and nothing happened to their HS team or their club. Typical US Soccer .... turn a blind eye when it suits their needs.

Comment

You honestly believe nothing changes for their NPL teams. If 14 players from their current AP NPL teams make DA their NPL teams will suck next year. They do not have the strength of players to support DA and NPL. Their NPL teams will not get in Top flights like their Current AP NPL teams because tournaments will know they are not the same team as last year or if they do they will be so over matched it will be stupid of SSS to allow it to happen. If parents talking is true and 1/3 to 1/2 of players don’t want to do DA then their teams will be marginal for both DA and NPL. If 1/3 or 1/2 go to Scorpions or Stars then the DA team will be marginal and the NPL team will be awful. SSS did not think this through and now LL and her club is panicking trying to get players to commit. Usual SSS tactics and brainwashing. Come mid May/June we should have a good idea if this was a good move for LL and SSS or if they should have done something different to please her parents and players. As a SSS parent I wish we just stayed the course.

Comment

Supposedly some other clubs are dropping out after CO, including a good one in TX and CA. I wonder if the club would bail out on the whole thing if it looks like they can't create the teams they want. Not a great plan but better than sinking the club entirely

Comment

And the GDA paranoia continues unabated....

Comment

I was told that the older SSS age groups, rising JRs, SRs, are not doing DA by design.

Comment

Perhaps...SSS does change its mind...the same boards reporting the TX and CA clubs dropping are stating that a NE GDA club is reconsidering their entry.

Comment

Perhaps...SSS does change its mind...the same boards reporting the TX and CA clubs dropping are stating that a NE GDA club is reconsidering their entry.
                                Yes NEFC is considering their options. Parents are not happy travel for blowouts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X