Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region III Camp for 01, 00 and 99's

Any word as to when camp lists for these age groups may be out? Were ODP coaches at games this past weekends ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any word as to when camp lists for these age groups may be out? Were ODP coaches at games this past weekends ?
    I personally saw mike strikler watching every game. He spent a quarter or half before moving to the next field

Comment

Region III Camp

I personally saw mike strikler watching every game. He spent a quarter or half before moving to the next field
      What age group?

Comment

What age group?
        U14, watching the 2001s

Comment

U14, watching the 2001s
          Agreed, I saw the same thing.

Comment

Agreed, I saw the same thing.
            Saw U16g being watched in Gainesville.

Comment

I thought the 99-01s preliminary notifications were supposed to go out today. Saw that in an e-mail a while ago.

I saw M.S. at State Cup games in Brandon a few weeks ago and again at Palm Bay last weekend. That's cool that ODP is watching the girls in action. There is no replacement for game play!

Comment

I thought the 99-01s preliminary notifications were supposed to go out today. Saw that in an e-mail a while ago.

I saw M.S. at State Cup games in Brandon a few weeks ago and again at Palm Bay last weekend. That's cool that ODP is watching the girls in action. There is no replacement for game play!
                Busy looking for ECNL patches, region pools are full of ECNL kids. enjoy Alabama and the Florida , ODP needs the dollars to pay for those ECNL kids to go on the national trips.

Comment

Busy looking for ECNL patches, region pools are full of ECNL kids. enjoy Alabama and the Florida , ODP needs the dollars to pay for those ECNL kids to go on the national trips.
                  Huh? Why go to State Cup games to look for ECNL players? There's only a few of them guesting on SC teams.... seems odd.

Comment

Huh? Why go to State Cup games to look for ECNL players? There's only a few of them guesting on SC teams.... seems odd.
                    Because those are the players that will make up 80% of the region team.

Comment

I think his point was, if they are looking for ECNL girls why not go look for them at an ECNL event, not State Cup. And BTW, the number on the 2001 region team is way less than 80% - probably a third of that.

Comment

I think his point was, if they are looking for ECNL girls why not go look for them at an ECNL event, not State Cup. And BTW, the number on the 2001 region team is way less than 80% - probably a third of that.
                        I think the connection between ODP and ECNL is going to start getting even stronger going forward. Girls DA has announced that it will forbid GDA players from participating in ODP. So there will be a fork in the road for girls; take the DA route and play that exclusively or take the ECNL route and have the option to play High School and/or ODP as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see Florida ODP scouting the 6 Florida ECNL clubs more closely because those clubs will not get GDA.

Comment

I think the connection between ODP and ECNL is going to start getting even stronger going forward. Girls DA has announced that it will forbid GDA players from participating in ODP. So there will be a fork in the road for girls; take the DA route and play that exclusively or take the ECNL route and have the option to play High School and/or ODP as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see Florida ODP scouting the 6 Florida ECNL clubs more closely because those clubs will not get GDA.
                          ECNL players don't need ODP. Most of them don't participate. ODP is a money-making program for players that don't have other ways to be seen by colleges and National coaches. If you are not good enough to make the National ODP camps, it's not worth the money. Spend the money on training and try-out for ECNL or DA.

Comment

Maybe in other states but certainly not in FLorida. FL ECNL is weak.

Comment

ECNL players don't need ODP. Most of them don't participate. ODP is a money-making program for players that don't have other ways to be seen by colleges and National coaches. If you are not good enough to make the National ODP camps, it's not worth the money. Spend the money on training and try-out for ECNL or DA.
                              You are un-informed but I respect your right to be un-informed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X