Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very interesting about losing the fysa affiliation. You just do not get it back that soon. All the member Clubs in Fl must vote on it at the annual agm meeting. If it is true that they lost it due to the merger agreement, they might be able to get it back if was to expire this year.(July 31)
    Can you say exit stage left?

Comment

http://www.greatertampabayfc.com/Def...x?tabid=260475

They are back.

Comment

I think the issue is not with GTBFC but instead WFF. My kid has been laying in Brandon for many years and will most likely stay due their skill level and that's fine by me. The problem is I have seen us merge with EL to become this WFF and all I ever hear is how the two sides hate each other, Players club had something to do with us a few years ago but not anymore, LP was part of us for a year but not anymore, TBU was going to merge, not anymore and now GTBFC wants out. Four failed mergers? I think its a in house (board)problem

Comment

Lets hope rhey have something up their sleeve, b/c access to NPL just went bye bye.

Comment

who cares. I think they only have 2 teams in npl and one is at the bottom

Comment

I think the issue is not with GTBFC but instead WFF. My kid has been laying in Brandon for many years and will most likely stay due their skill level and that's fine by me. The problem is I have seen us merge with EL to become this WFF and all I ever hear is how the two sides hate each other, Players club had something to do with us a few years ago but not anymore, LP was part of us for a year but not anymore, TBU was going to merge, not anymore and now GTBFC wants out. Four failed mergers? I think its a in house (board)problem
              I think the issue is money and wanting total control. All three clubs mentioned in this post have the same problem.

Comment

The latest from WFF

To the West Florida Flames Pasco Campus Families

As we approach the end of the West Florida Flames - Pasco Campus Inaugural season the Staff and Board of Directors would like to take a moment to thank you for your support and the confidence you have placed in us. It is a privilege that we greatly appreciate and one we don't take lightly.

The 2015/16 season has seen many positive changes, but sometimes with change comes a few challenges. As you know the merger between West Florida Flames and Greater Tampa Bay FC was official in February 2015. Since that time the club has hired Steve Rammel as Executive Director to guide us into our future endeavors and to further continue as one organization dedicated to deliver soccer services to the Land O' Lakes and surrounding communities. You may have received email communications regarding organizational changes, website difficulties and other topics pertaining to the former GTBFC. These messages did not come from WFF and we apologize for any confusion those messages may have caused.

While we continue to work through these challenges, West Florida Flames is committed to the families and players of Pasco County by working with the Pasco County Parks and Recreation Department to confirm the field agreement between Pasco County and West Florida Flames. The communication we received was very encouraging and we are looking forward to a partnership with them. Our goal is to continue providing the safe, positive and rewarding environment that you have come to know through our professional coaching, developmentally appropriate curriculum and leagues such as CDL, NPL and ECNL that provide all levels of competition.

Moving forward West Florida Flames has appointed Juan Garcia to oversee the Pasco campus thru the end of the current season. Juan is excited to oversee this transition.

As we look forward to the 2016/17 season you will receive emails with Campus Updates and West Florida Flames tryouts. In addition to those emails the information will be continually updated on our website, www.flamesfc.com .

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our WFF Directors. Their contact information is below:

· Steve Rammel, Executive Consultant - Steve.rammel@fcflames.com

· Gary Rach, Brandon Campus Director - grach@fcflames.com

· Juan Garcia, Interim Pasco Campus Director - jgarcia@fcflames.com

· John Orr, Campus Director - jorr@fcflames.com

Comment

First off, this is the only communication sent from "WFF". Ever. All of a sudden they give a crap about Pasco? That's a laugh.

Second, Steve Rammel is not Executive Director. Don't start a letter like this with a falsehood. The board is so inept they couldn't even find a real ED. At least at the bottom his proper title is listed. They are paying him $125K for a one year contract. Wow.

The Pasco County Parks and Recreation Department is not going to let West Florida Flames, a non-Pasco club use Pasco fields. Period. End of Story.

GTBFC or whomever they are currently needs to fire MR and get their act together. Too much ego for such a small club. Unless he has an absolutely ingenious plan to rescue this situation he'll be out of a job regardless because there won't be any players at the club!

If Wesley Chapel or West Pasco was smart they would reserve those fields. Central Pasco is a great location.

Comment

This is the most attention we at Pasco have seen all year from WFF people. As a parent at Pasco I will happy if we go back to GTBFC. I saw no benefit of the merge other than a couple teams getting into some higher leagues. I give MR some credit for trying to continue to make the club bigger and better. since he took over a few years back this club has tripled in size. I give him credit for that but have to say this merger was not a good choice for the majority of the players and for one will be happy to see it end.
                    I have agree with the last post about the county letting a organization from outside the county having control of the fields. That will never happen.

Comment

This is the most attention we at Pasco have seen all year from WFF people. As a parent at Pasco I will happy if we go back to GTBFC. I saw no benefit of the merge other than a couple teams getting into some higher leagues. I give MR some credit for trying to continue to make the club bigger and better. since he took over a few years back this club has tripled in size. I give him credit for that but have to say this merger was not a good choice for the majority of the players and for one will be happy to see it end.
                      I have agree with the last post about the county letting a organization from outside the county having control of the fields. That will never happen.
                      Signed MR nice try lol

Comment

The winners and losers in this whole mess remains to be seen. EL campus stands to lose the most since most of the Elite teams were based out of Pasco and Brandon leaving them with a mostly rec campus. EL campus is in trouble unless Brandon wants to play nice but why should they, they haven't played well with others all year amongst the three campuses. Brandon is on their own program. Brandon campus wins the battle since they have ENCL and a number of good teams but lose the War now that TBU has ENCL. So why go to Brandon when I can take my child to TBU? The Pasco campus put all there eggs in one basket and can come out of this as the big loser or clever as a fox. We will see soon enough.

Comment

Competitive and Recreational soccer will continue at the fields at Collier but will not be under the WFF organization. WFF nor JG have any authority or control on what happens on these fields. Bottom line, WFF can not hold tryouts at Collier for the WFF organization but THEY are certainly welcome to bring players over to tryout at the Collier fields during tryouts this year. It's unfortunate we are at this point. There is enough blame to go around but at some point we all need to move on. Good luck to WFF as they go forward and good luck to GTBFC as they move on and forward.

Comment

Glad Liverpool left and doing great on their own.
                            Define "great" please. Cos according to YSR, they have no teams above u-14, most teams ranked 100+, and only one team in the top 50.

Great as in, hey kids you all played great, come get your participation trophies.

Comment

Unfortunately there appears to be one reason these shenanigans continue to occur at this location. Until that is changed, or at least their integrity and approach, this club will be nothing more than a rec club. It's really unfortunate as there is a lot of talent in the area, but they will be making their way south to more stable clubs. Not to say those don't have similar issues, but they are bigger and more established

Comment

Unfortunately there appears to be one reason these shenanigans continue to occur at this location. Until that is changed, or at least their integrity and approach, this club will be nothing more than a rec club. It's really unfortunate as there is a lot of talent in the area, but they will be making their way south to more stable clubs. Not to say those don't have similar issues, but they are bigger and more established
                                You have no clue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X