Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The GTBFC board members that were board members at WFF should have seen that MR was given a fair opportunity to apply for the Executive Director of WFF. It was clear to all that SR was by far superior to MR and given the nod. The problem I have with the board members is that when MR blew a gasket they should have realized that by leaving WFF(because of MR greed for money and power) it was hurting all the kids. Not that WFF did much to help GTBFC but there was true access given to much better leagues. Many of the GTBFC teams and families had the opportunity to compete in the higher leagues and it was nice. Now its in shambles because MR could not see past his own ambitions and the board members did not realize that was what was going on.
    One of the board members did try to approach SR to fix it but was told "talk to the lawyer" so WFF is to blame with this too. Then WFF went to Pasco County to fight over the fields and Pasco County realized that the merger was never ratified and by then it was too late. Sad.

Comment

At the end of this the truth will come out. Only the board members from GTBFC and the WFF Pinellas side know the truth. From what I have heard and been told GTBFC did the correct thing by pulling away from WFF but have decided not to make it public and sling dirt and keeping quite is making them look bad.
      It looks like WFF has it in with FYSA and that's why GTBFC did not get their FYSA status back. So at the end of the day there would be no league for the competitive teams to play in. IF that's the case then yesterdays email would of been the right thing to do. I think coaching contracts are up the 1st of May so that gives coaches and players time to find another club and jobs.
      No, the right thing to do would have been to manage the club in a smart, disciplined, professional way so as not to mortally wound a community institution decades in the making. The suggestion that GTBFC had no choice but to drown the baby in the bathtub is complete nonsense, and the suggestion that their dishonesty and opaqueness in communicating their catastrophically bad decisions is owing to their grace and dignity in not "slinging dirt" insults the intelligence of every person reading this thread. They're quiet because the truth damns them.

There is no defense of MR and the board in this situation. None. They've exhibited nothing remotely approaching virtue, honesty, intelligence, empathy, professionalism or even basic decency in this situation. I've lost every bit of respect I ever had for each and every one of those people.

Comment

One of the board members did try to approach SR to fix it but was told "talk to the lawyer" so WFF is to blame with this too. Then WFF went to Pasco County to fight over the fields and Pasco County realized that the merger was never ratified and by then it was too late. Sad.
        If you're being told to talk to the lawyer, you are spectacularly late in reaching out. "Talk to the lawyer" is what is said at the end of a grossly mismanaged situation, not the beginning. No one deserves the slightest bit of credit for half-measures initiated too late to do anyone any good. Everyone is a model of humility and contrition as they stand before the judge for sentencing and no one is impressed by it. The time for doing the right thing the right way is *before* the world comes crashing down around you.

Comment

If you're being told to talk to the lawyer, you are spectacularly late in reaching out. "Talk to the lawyer" is what is said at the end of a grossly mismanaged situation, not the beginning. No one deserves the slightest bit of credit for half-measures initiated too late to do anyone any good. Everyone is a model of humility and contrition as they stand before the judge for sentencing and no one is impressed by it. The time for doing the right thing the right way is *before* the world comes crashing down around you.
          The board member in question was blindsided by this after returning from military duty. But hey don't let the facts get in to the way of your righteousness.

Comment

I still say we don't know the truth and if your on this site you cant help not to notice all WFF threads. If you enjoy reading them you will see that most are complaining about their paid board members and how they screwed up each merger they have tried over the last few years. So just maybe, maybe GTBFC did the right thing???

Comment

I still say we don't know the truth and if your on this site you cant help not to notice all WFF threads. If you enjoy reading them you will see that most are complaining about their paid board members and how they screwed up each merger they have tried over the last few years. So just maybe, maybe GTBFC did the right thing???
              You have to be delusional to suggest killing the club is the right thing. Delusional. Whatever anyone is saying about WFF, they have a club. They have an affiliation. Their players have somewhere to play next season. GTB has none of that. So however bad WFF may be, GTB is by definition significantly worse.

Comment

The board member in question was blindsided by this after returning from military duty. But hey don't let the facts get in to the way of your righteousness.
                Here come the excuses. Shame and any sense of personal responsibility are just artifacts of the past now, aren't they?

Comment

How about we come up with some new names for GTBFC?
                  Here, I'll start:

Got To Be Freaking Crazy (to allow the leadership to remain)

Go To Brandon For Competitive

Comment

How about we come up with some new names for GTBFC?
                    Here, I'll start:

Got To Be Freaking Crazy (to allow the leadership to remain)

Go To Brandon For Competitive
                    Get That Big Fat Check (MR's personal mantra)

Comment

At least someone tried. something should have been done that's for sure. I am a Brandon Parent and feel that WFF Pasco was a strong part of our club. Both sides lose but more importantly the kids and families lose. That's what really sucks. To be honest, seemed like things were going really well and that's why I blame MR. Maybe he will learn from this.

Comment

There sure are many people on here saying how a club should be run and hiding behind your computer screen calling people out.
                        I came to this club the first year MR took over and it looked like a ghost town. Within a few short years it has grown 4times the size from back then. I have watched teams get in higher leagues and top tournaments that some of the bigger clubs did not get in. Not for sure but I would guess MR had something to do with it. Have not spoken to him other than a hello in passing but it seems his staff like working for him and stand behind him and DV. As for the WFF thing I have not heard one positive thing from any coaches. Most things I hear ( as I walk the fields for exercise and ease drop) about the merger is that many of the coaches did not like WFF.
                        Hopefully GTBFC can get an affiliation with another club so they can offer the competitive side a league to play in and everyone will be happy. If you think you are alone with this mess, think again .There is drama at every club with every team in the month of May

Comment

There sure are many people on here saying how a club should be run and hiding behind your computer screen calling people out.
                          I came to this club the first year MR took over and it looked like a ghost town. Within a few short years it has grown 4times the size from back then. I have watched teams get in higher leagues and top tournaments that some of the bigger clubs did not get in. Not for sure but I would guess MR had something to do with it. Have not spoken to him other than a hello in passing but it seems his staff like working for him and stand behind him and DV. As for the WFF thing I have not heard one positive thing from any coaches. Most things I hear ( as I walk the fields for exercise and ease drop) about the merger is that many of the coaches did not like WFF.
                          Hopefully GTBFC can get an affiliation with another club so they can offer the competitive side a league to play in and everyone will be happy. If you think you are alone with this mess, think again .There is drama at every club with every team in the month of May
                          I respect you thoughts here, but this isn't drama, it's a catastrophe! You can't lose your entire competitive program and expect numbers to go up! If this "rec" mentality lasts for more than a year, you can go ahead and start auctioning off the goals, benches, balls, training equipment, etc....cuz there won't be a club around to use it!

Comment

MR could have stayed with WFF and worked things out. This board will eventually go and a real ED will be in place to the right things. But it would have taken time and he was impatient and wanted to be that ED. All I ever heard was he was going to be the ED over the entire club. It became clear that would never happen when they hired a consultant instead of an ED. He was mad and decided to take his club back and do his own thing. I seriously doubt GTB will remain a rec only club. They are not in position to offer competitive for the upcoming season because they gave up their FYSA affiliation. It will take time to map out a new strategy and eventually affiliate with a club that can give them access to competitive leagues.

Comment

We have seen the transformation as well and respect MR's efforts to build the club through the merger. From a club with virtually no players going on to college to a expectable number these past few years as has encouraged his Senior teams to showcase. If the club will truly go Rec and rebuild I at least hope he is not getting paid to run a red program. That should be an all volunteer effort.

Comment

Which club in the right mind would want to affiliate with GTBFC in the area? MR has burnt every bridge possible in the area. His only hope is the plan to approach FL Rush from Orlando but that will not make sense and there is no benefit to Rush. Wesley Chapel is the best option but I don't think it will ever happen with MR in charge.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X