Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have to be honest as a parent seriously looking at the ECNL option, why won't someone answer all of these questions. Or if the answer is not so flattering, at least say that Weston has been a failure but now we have ENCL.
    I have to be honest, Im not sure why we are getting approached every day by tons of sunrise parents if girls soccer Disney land in going on at Sunrise, we keep telling them to wait until tryouts.

I guess you probably enjoy playing second tear competition and collecting medals

Yess I know ECNL sucks okay

Tic toc tic toc

Comment

I have to be honest, Im not sure why we are getting approached every day by tons of sunrise parents if girls soccer Disney land in going on at Sunrise, we keep telling them to wait until tryouts.

I guess you probably enjoy playing second tear competition and collecting medals

Tic toc tic toc
      I agree, that is the problem, Weston has never played high level competition. Their teams are not used to high level competition against top teams from other states.

Comment

We have seen this before over many years.
        The new "superstar" club like Boca United last year.
        The person who is posting all of this anti-Sunrise garbage was a parent of a kid
        That couldn't hack high level soccer.
        As soon as his daughter was benched he was whining like a baby.

Now she will go to Weston and be a full time starter on a team that will be embarrassed game
        After game 6,7-0.

But don't forget, she will be a Weston ECNL "Superstar".

By the way, do you see anybody on TS from Boca United bragging about their program?
        Of course not because all of those people that were suckered in to going to the latest and greatest,(see Weston next year), realize what fools that they ended up being.

Tic toc tic toc

Comment

Why didn't Weston just hold out for DA?

Comment

Why didn't Weston just hold out for DA?
            Because the DA is an unknown entity. I have doubts that it will even get off of the ground and even if it does, there's no guarantee that it won't be the 2nd tier league- not the ECNL.

Comment

Weston over the last 8 years has essentially been a complete failure on the girls side.
              I constantly read all of these things being said about Weston now that they have gotten ECNL.

The truth is that CP and TT both have very good soccer backgrounds but because of the culture of mediocrity that has permeated Weston over so many years even they haven't been able to help.

Let's be more specific about the questions to ask Weston as you consider their program.

1) CP and TT I see that both of you were here before. The facts are that virtually no successful
              Teams were developed from an early age and remained together in Weston with any
              Degree of success so why did you leave before and why should we believe that you can
              Be more successful this time?

2) knowing that Weston has always had endless financial resources, multiple A licensed
              Coaches, lots of field space, a huge money making tournament etc but despite this
              Your program has failed for at least 8 years why should I believe that just because you
              Are in ECNL things will change?

3) For almost 8 years a tiny program in Sunrise with very little resources and maybe
              200 total kids has produced some of the top teams and players in the country while Weston
              Has literally failed over and over. Why should I even think for one second that Weston
              Will develope my kid when I can take her to a proven success like Sunrise?

4) Please show everybody your commitment list for the last several years because I see that
              Sunrise committed 21 girls from their 2016 class, and they already have verbally commited
              15 girls from their 2017 class, the 2018 class already has 6 commited with multiple girls on
              That team currently mulling over several offers each, as well as the 2019 team which
              Already have multiple offers. Can you please show us your list from the 2016, 2017, 2018,
              And 2019 class because I am certain with all of your money, fields, A license coaches, big
              Tournament, etc that you must have more commitments than that tiny little club Sunrise?

5) Can you please explain to us how your new Weston ECNL teams won't be complete
              Failures like Boca Uniteds teams were in their first year?

6) Is it true that for the kids that have been at Weston for so many years being developed by
              Such great coaches as TT and CP that a huge percentage of them won't make the new
              ECNL team even though all of your great coaches have told them over multiple years
              That they were being developed?

I hope you have an answer for all of these questions because if not my kid is going to the most
              Successful girls program in South Florida history........

SUNRISE

Weston doesn't have the winningest program but it excels in providing a place for all levels of girls to play and have a great life. True many of the current weston girls won't be on the ECNL team but they will have a good fun place to play and compete and bond with their friends.This being said Weston now has the platform , facilities and coaches and trainers to compete and excel in ECNL.Let the best of the best come together play some ball at WESTON !!!

Comment

Weston doesn't have the winningest program but it excels in providing a place for all levels of girls to play and have a great life. True many of the current weston girls won't be on the ECNL team but they will have a good fun place to play and compete and bond with their friends.This being said Weston now has the platform , facilities and coaches and trainers to compete and excel in ECNL.Let the best of the best come together play some ball at WESTON !!!
                I am missing something
                What will happen to current Weston players ??? Is there not enough spots on ecnl for them ?
                Please explain I am new to ecnl

Comment

I am missing something
                  What will happen to current Weston players ??? Is there not enough spots on ecnl for them ?
                  If they don't make the ECNL team there will be other teams playing in different leagues.The other teams will play in the same leagues as sunrise,davie westpines ect... ECNL is not for everyone. The E is supposed to be for ELITE!!!! Sorry not all our Mia's are ELITE.

Comment

I am missing something
                    Just like DA, ECNL is for Elite players. ELite players hsould be picked regardless if they're from Weston or not. Thats the point of the partnership. Trying to funnel the best talent to Weston. The whole point of ECNL and DA (for boys) is to bring together the best talent in the area. This is a strategy for Weston. Agree or disagree, at least theyre trying something. Isn't the whole point of these elite programs to develop the best talent?

Comment

Just like DA, ECNL is for Elite players. ELite players hsould be picked regardless if they're from Weston or not. Thats the point of the partnership. Trying to funnel the best talent to Weston. The whole point of ECNL and DA (for boys) is to bring together the best talent in the area. This is a strategy for Weston. Agree or disagree, at least theyre trying something. Isn't the whole point of these elite programs to develop the best talent?
                      the people in those clubs just want it for themselves. not for their neighbors. they dont' care about bringing anyone or anything together... only if it benefits themselves.

Comment

Everyone knows that Weston will struggle and probably get handled a lot in their first year or two in ECNL. Anyone saying otherwise is on the Weston Marketting Payroll. It is just the nature of the beast when starting a program from scratch. The problem is that when they should be getting stronger is right when Girls DA will be starting up. Expect Weston to go hard for one of those slots taking many of the girls developed in ECNL for DA. So the ECNL teams will once again have to build up (Perhaps Davie's leadership will eventually run the ECNL while Weston exerts sole control of GDA).

Either way the only benefit to going to Weston next season is that a lot of teams around the area will already be breaking up. So if any top players are going to be going from top teams to new "rebuilding" squads . . . It might make sense to just jump to Weston early. However, if you already have a good situation at another club I would just wait a couple years until the dust settles.

Comment

Can this thread be used for providing more details about the Weston ECNL program instead of being used by Sunrise to bash Weston??

Can any official from Weston or an insider provide more details about the coaches of the teams, the tournaments that will be participating, the fees, the practice locations etc., Not enough info is shared yet.
                          Thanks

Comment

Can this thread be used for providing more details about the Weston ECNL program instead of being used by Sunrise to bash Weston??

Can any official from Weston or an insider provide more details about the coaches of the teams, the tournaments that will be participating, the fees, the practice locations etc., Not enough info is shared yet.
                            Thanks
                            Yes. with pleasure.
                            the coaches are the same daddy coaches and ussf d and e licensed daddies.
                            we just brought in parra and tricia and they have an awesome resume.
                            they will make sure that social media is updated and will run the club's business at all times. (including during practice). when parra is not travelling for us soccer, he will visit the fields. please have a ball ready if you want him to sign it.
                            tricia will be around until the next job that pays better comes along.
                            please join us for the upcoming exciting season, you will get very cool uniforms and a team weston flag.
                            don't worry if your daughter still toes the ball, we don't look at those imperfections but rather how accurate she can boot it up.

Comment

Thanks
                              They're waiting to see who tries out so they can pick one of the dads.

Comment

Thanks
                                Coaches has been posted on here a few times. I am sure you can find it.\

Tournaments are up to ECNL which ones the teams will go to. Typically they go to 3 but depends on the age group. The options are as follows, Phoenix, NC, Sanford, NJ, San Diego.Here is the kicker, every team gets in and plays in the best fields. You do not have to wait to see if sally's team made PDA. You are ECNL and you are already scheduled to play the events which have been chosen.

BU fees were about $1300 plus uniform. I would expect very similar fees at Weston.

ECNL will practice at Vista, FPL will practice at Davie fields. I heard they may have 1 day a week were they will switch. So everyone will practice at Weston 1 day.

We did not get any of this info when we started at BU. It was all after the fact. We love the competition at ECNL but dislike the BU mentality and their lack of communication.

Lots of negativity but if your daughter has any interest in playing in college this is where she will be seen the most. Unless she is invited to ID2 or part of the Region III team, or 1st place in state cup, or you market her on your own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X