Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U18 Girls - 2015/2016 Top Teams and Contenders

Couldn't find the old thread so I started a new one. So how many teams are adding ECNL players for state cup? Just the ones that pulled their rosters down or are there others?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Couldn't find the old thread so I started a new one. So how many teams are adding ECNL players for state cup? Just the ones that pulled their rosters down or are there others?
    Our family is in our last year with a child playing on a U18 club team and in her last year of high school. As most senior kids and their parents are very busy this time of year, I hadn't given State Cup much thought, nor Taking Soccer for that matter (thankfully the kid now manages most of her school and soccer business these days). So it dawned on me that State Cup must have started so I checked out the FYSA site and in particular the state cup schedules, draws, seeding, etc. What fun! Love that both the U17 and U18G are essentially playing in Round I !! Seeding only makes a difference as to who you may play, and really, does it matter this year! Too funny. My kid's team, an NPL team, never got the coveted seeding from FYSA. But I can recall so many shrill comments about IF our team was any good they wouldn't have to worry about playing in Rd 1, just show up, play and win, and move on to the next round. That was never the point... but now everyone gets to enjoy what is basically Round 1!! Albeit without so many games, but you still get the fun of playing all the "unseeded" teams. Too funny. Have fun! I'm sure they will knock out some of your "seeded" teams.

Comment

Our family is in our last year with a child playing on a U18 club team and in her last year of high school. As most senior kids and their parents are very busy this time of year, I hadn't given State Cup much thought, nor Taking Soccer for that matter (thankfully the kid now manages most of her school and soccer business these days). So it dawned on me that State Cup must have started so I checked out the FYSA site and in particular the state cup schedules, draws, seeding, etc. What fun! Love that both the U17 and U18G are essentially playing in Round I !! Seeding only makes a difference as to who you may play, and really, does it matter this year! Too funny. My kid's team, an NPL team, never got the coveted seeding from FYSA. But I can recall so many shrill comments about IF our team was any good they wouldn't have to worry about playing in Rd 1, just show up, play and win, and move on to the next round. That was never the point... but now everyone gets to enjoy what is basically Round 1!! Albeit without so many games, but you still get the fun of playing all the "unseeded" teams. Too funny. Have fun! I'm sure they will knock out some of your "seeded" teams.

Wow! We haven't missed your insightful input one bit.

Comment

Wow! We haven't missed your insightful input one bit.
        "Too funny"

Comment

Thanks, Barry
          Thanks, Barry

Comment

Remember the good old days when we used to get a detailed prediction of all the state cup results on here? Will any of the teams show up here or will all be missing players for graduation and prom? Well except of course OCYS Purple who has apparently added all the ECNL players.

Comment

U-18 girls

TBU is clearly the team to beat......any sleepers???
              SUPER COMPUTER.....what say you?

Remember the good old days when we used to get a detailed prediction of all the state cup results on here? Will any of the teams show up here or will all be missing players for graduation and prom? Well except of course OCYS Purple who has apparently added all the ECNL players.

Comment

OCYS apparently wants to win at all ages. Supposedly they have done this for U14 - U18 with ECNL girls. How does that really make the other girls feel? They used to validate it by saying "it will get the girls in a better league", but now they are U18? Why can't you just let those girls play it out and see how they do? I would be upset if I've been with the club for 3-4 years since the beginning, and now my spot is taken because the club wants to "win" this way?

They have FF in their group, so it should be interesting. TBU is the obvious favorite, but it will be interesting to see how prom/graduation affects the teams for that day. I know my daughter is not missing graduation for a soccer game.

Comment

OCYS apparently wants to win at all ages. Supposedly they have done this for U14 - U18 with ECNL girls. How does that really make the other girls feel? They used to validate it by saying "it will get the girls in a better league", but now they are U18? Why can't you just let those girls play it out and see how they do? I would be upset if I've been with the club for 3-4 years since the beginning, and now my spot is taken because the club wants to "win" this way?

They have FF in their group, so it should be interesting. TBU is the obvious favorite, but it will be interesting to see how prom/graduation affects the teams for that day. I know my daughter is not missing graduation for a soccer game.
                  A lot of the girls on the purple team quit by January. The team is scrambling to finish all games. That explains the U18 s. The rest of the teams added names up to 22. Being told all purple players will dress as 18 can show at any game. Will see how it is handled. By this age there is either HM at FKK or AH at OCYS. Pick your leader, neither has ethics.

Comment

Interesting though as TBU hasn't played a game since Disney Showcase. Curious to see how much they miss their star goalie now at UF.

Comment

Interesting though as TBU hasn't played a game since Disney Showcase. Curious to see how much they miss their star goalie now at UF.
                      She is on their State Cup roster. Don't be surprised if she shows up around Final Four time...

Comment

Sleepers? Maybe Florida Elite? They have a decent roster. Gulfcoast Texans? Does anybody ever get to see this team play out of the panhandle? They added a few players to their roster recently.

Unknowns? Well OCYS Purple of course. How many ECNL players did they add? Four were added before the roster was pulled down. What about FKK? They also pulled down their roster right before the freeze.

Comment

Sleepers? Maybe Florida Elite? They have a decent roster. Gulfcoast Texans? Does anybody ever get to see this team play out of the panhandle? They added a few players to their roster recently.

Unknowns? Well OCYS Purple of course. How many ECNL players did they add? Four were added before the roster was pulled down. What about FKK? They also pulled down their roster right before the freeze.
                          If I picked the right team, it looks like they played in the IMG Cup recently, and the CDL Showcase... won a few, and lost a few too.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?TeamID=301123

Comment

If I picked the right team, it looks like they played in the IMG Cup recently, and the CDL Showcase... won a few, and lost a few too.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?TeamID=301123
                            Wrong team. Try this.
                            http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?teamid=332176

Comment

Wondering now if they are the same team? The link you provided indicates they play Region B and Disney... that's it? IMO, beating a team 11-0 says a lot about the coach and where you chose to play, and really not enough about the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X