Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a freshman at Steinbrenner High School. The HS soccer teams had to use the Lutz fields because the football team was still using the HS field and there was no room to practice. The HS coach told the team that MC required them to volunteer at the rangers for the uses of the fields. Again, aren't they County fields??? What gives MC the right to demand that these HS kids volunteer at the rangers? If, it happens again this year, I will be calling the school board!
    There are a number of things that need to be addressed here.
    - It was a request. A favor in return if you will. Not a requirement.
    - The boys coach at GSHS has no clue. Most of his kids play at Lutz and he does nothing to have a relationship with the club.
    - There is an agreement between the club and the county. The club is asked to oversee and care for those fields just like the football league does with the other fields at Oscar Cooler.
    - Kids get kicked off the fields at Ed Radice and other fields as well.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      there are a number of things that need to be addressed here.
      - it was a request. A favor in return if you will. Not a requirement. This is not true
      - the boys coach at gshs has no clue. Most of his kids play at lutz and he does nothing to have a relationship with the club. This is true
      - there is an agreement between the club and the county. The club is asked to oversee and care for those fields just like the football league does with the other fields at oscar cooler. This is partially true, but does not give mc dominion over those fields
      - kids get kicked off the fields at ed radice and other fields as well.
      this is not true unless they are on a field thats closed

Comment

I pay a lot of taxes that are to be use to build and maintain parks that I can use without volunteering. I know the HS girls coaches at TBU and their fields are much better than Lutz, but it does not make since to travel that far to practice HS soccer when there is a County park just minutes away from the school. MC is a D I C K H E A D for requiring the HS to volunteer, What gives him the authority?
        A ton of those taxes you are paying went to paying for those new artificial turf fields over at Ed Radice. Go use those recreationally and see how well received you are.

Comment

I am not the parent, but what if they already volunteer at school, say CEC.

What if they have a full time job outside of soccer and school

What if they don't want to volunteer at all to focus on school and sports

Moron
          Do you know the volunteer "requirements"? "What if they don't want to"? Great parent.

Asshat

Comment

The bottom line is this, it's a different type of club. It's that way by design. Clearly, it's not for everyone. Many of you have made that abundantly clear. Not everyone shares your view and in my many years around the game I know some people are just happier complaining. I, for one, am very familiar with the inner workings of the club and the people who are doing their best to run it and I much prefer it to the big money models of other clubs in the area. MC is far from perfect but having been around for decades he knows very well what he wants in a club and what he's not willing to put up with. It rubs some people the wrong way. He and I have had our differences and when it comes down to it I make my opinions known. It doesn't always go the way I might prefer but like I said, I prefer what we're doing at Lutz to what other clubs are doing. I would suggest the rest of you spend more time and energy being more positive and applauding the merits of your own club. It feels much better.

Here's to the beautiful game

Go Rangers

To each his own

Peace

Comment

The club pays lots of money to maintain the fields which is why the fields are in better shape then neighboring soccer clubs.
              Really? What do they spend? Where is the financial information on this club? Where is the transparency? The county paid $4,000,000 to develop the fields. The county also takes care of them. What have the Rangers paid to the County?

Comment

Really? What do they spend? Where is the financial information on this club? Where is the transparency? The county paid $4,000,000 to develop the fields. The county also takes care of them. What have the Rangers paid to the County?
                Who cares.. they don't charge two arms and a leg to play. The DC isn't paying himself a six figure salary like other clubs. As a parent I could care less about who pays for the fields. It's my bottom line and what the club offers to me that counts. Go bitch in the TBU thread about fees and transparency.

Comment

Who cares.. they don't charge two arms and a leg to play. The DC isn't paying himself a six figure salary like other clubs. As a parent I could care less about who pays for the fields. It's my bottom line and what the club offers to me that counts. Go bitch in the TBU thread about fees and transparency.
                  TBU has fees posted, Rangers does not (Yet anyway)
                  TBU has minutes of meetings, Rangers doesn't have meetings
                  TBU has public elections, Rangers does not
                  TBU has a budget you can see, Rangers does not

Rangers is the next GTBFC. They are run at low numbers so parents like you don't complain and MC can do whatever he wants. Just like DS did, MCs teammate, in Valrico.

Comment

I don't want Connell telling the HS school kids they need to volunteer to use the fields. When he uses private un-subsidized land to run his little soccer program, he can be as secretive as he wants.

Comment

I don't want Connell telling the HS school kids they need to volunteer to use the fields. When he uses private un-subsidized land to run his little soccer program, he can be as secretive as he wants.
                      Wake up, all the clubs are on borrowed land of some sort. They all have agreements with the city or county they operate in. Typically the clubs have to maintain them.

Comment

Wake up, all the clubs are on borrowed land of some sort. They all have agreements with the city or county they operate in. Typically the clubs have to maintain them.
                        Let's see that agreement. Hillsborough takes care of the Oscar Cooler fields.

Comment

So where could all that registration money be going to then.......

Comment

MC's retirement, that's where. All volunteers, so all money goes to MC.

Comment

He probably isn't making any money from the registration fees. Just the uniforms and concessions, which is fine. He is still a bad DOC and even a worse person for the way he behaves and mistreats people.

Comment

Go pull the meeting minutes from the BOCC meeting if you have some free time lol. It's public record.

I just saw a TBU post.. $100 fee per player for field use.. give me a break. On top of everything else. They will need a roof and a/c units once everyone sees how hot it is to play on artificial turf in Florida.. those fees will be posted soon. Then will come the extra liability insurance fees because of all the extra injuries from turf play. Have fun with that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X