Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are this 3 at Brandon or Pinellas or both?
    Both. It's a unified Board.

Comment

Sholarships or commitments? There's a difference.
      One only ever knows about commitments. Scholarship info is private.

Comment

All he does with his team is scrimmage the older group in the club. He hadly ever work on technical or tactical. Warm up and play. He did not even show up for his older girls team. A daddy coach coached the team in state cup and they won. I wonder if this dad is listed on their roster as a coach and if he has the required license to coach at State Cup.
        I can't speak for the younger team he coaches, but I can tell you first hand that his approach with the 17's is very disappointing. He hasn't done technical work with these girls since before the high school break. There have been numerous times when practice was a scrimmage with no coaching input or kick ball. Literally kick ball. He won't make it at TBU with this style, this isn't the same DV that built his reputation. This year with this particular team he comes across as a very lazy disconnected coach. Maybe he's burned out or he could just be extremely lazy and horrible at communicating. Either way he likes being big fish in a small pond i.e. GTBFC / EASTLAKE and I guarantee he want be that at TBU.

Comment

One only ever knows about commitments. Scholarship info is private.
          My point exactly. That press release highlighted commitments to go to Goat Mountain State university-nothing about scholarships.

Comment

I can't speak for the younger team he coaches, but I can tell you first hand that his approach with the 17's is very disappointing. He hasn't done technical work with these girls since before the high school break. There have been numerous times when practice was a scrimmage with no coaching input or kick ball. Literally kick ball. He won't make it at TBU with this style, this isn't the same DV that built his reputation. This year with this particular team he comes across as a very lazy disconnected coach. Maybe he's burned out or he could just be extremely lazy and horrible at communicating. Either way he likes being big fish in a small pond i.e. GTBFC / EASTLAKE and I guarantee he want be that at TBU.
            He is only good when he has a talented team already. He does not know how to develop players. He had a younger boys team a couple of years ago and did nothing with them except get them to scrimmage the older boys team or the girls team. The team was bottom line D2 USA but the boys always showed up to practice wondering where their coach is and when he shows up. He hadly ever trained them because he believed they were not good players. Anyone can coach games when you have a team of talented players. DV is overrated

Comment

He is only good when he has a talented team already. He does not know how to develop players. He had a younger boys team a couple of years ago and did nothing with them except get them to scrimmage the older boys team or the girls team. The team was bottom line D2 USA but the boys always showed up to practice wondering where their coach is and when he shows up. He hadly ever trained them because he believed they were not good players. Anyone can coach games when you have a team of talented players. DV is overrated
              lots of present and former gtb coaches are only good when they inherit talented teams

Comment

If you talk to the u16 team they will say he did an awesome job. He took over a total train wreck. Look at the scores before he took over. He has motivated them and has them playing well

Comment

My point exactly. That press release highlighted commitments to go to Goat Mountain State university-nothing about scholarships.
                  Which is like that for very player at every club. So what's your point? A top student could get a "Full ride" with a little athletic money it doesn't change the fact that they are playing at the next level.

We all know how scholarships and financial aid works but press releases aren't about scholarships for any player, any where

Comment

lots of present and former gtb coaches are only good when they inherit talented teams
                    Not just those coaches. A lot of coaches are suddenly great when a talent team lands in there lap.

TBU has a couple of them.

Comment

Which is like that for very player at every club. So what's your point? A top student could get a "Full ride" with a little athletic money it doesn't change the fact that they are playing at the next level.

We all know how scholarships and financial aid works but press releases aren't about scholarships for any player, any where
                      My point, douche bag, is that the OP stated those girls all got scholarships.

Comment

Yeah I agree MR was only thinking of his greedy self when he came on board. During his tenure of greediness MR has only built the club from 200+ to over 1200 between competitive and recreation players, got us into leagues (and out to be fair to the nay Sayers) we never had access to before, thought outside the box, created opportunities for

players (8 U18 girls have gotten College Scholarships this year alone) and

brought in some talented coaches. So I'm with you that SOB MR is out for himself. We are a small club. What has WC, Lutz, WP, EP, FGC, etc. done for their club to stand out amongst the smaller clubs? Individual teams perhaps but what about as a club as a whole?
                        In case you missed the BS claim, here it is. I isolated the "scholarship"'claims.

Even players that <might> Get scholarship money it may not be enough to offset the higher tuition of out of state, small Podunk schools.

Comment

In case you missed the BS claim, here it is. I isolated the "scholarship"'claims.

Even players that <might> Get scholarship money it may not be enough to offset the higher tuition of out of state, small Podunk schools.
                          I think you've missed the point. WFF/GTBFC club has a number of girls that are going to play at the next level. Regardless if they are getting a full ride scholarship, partial athletic/partial academic or just playing somewhere beyond youth soccer I think it's a testament to the club. Who cares if it Division I, II, III, or NAIA. There are some crappy Division I schools and there are some great Division II schools but for some people such as yourself you get hung up on that point and if it's not Division I then you suck. Can't help you there if that's your only yard stick to measure success. I'm happy for these girls on the ENCL and FSPL U-18 girls that are going to play at the next level.

But to your point about scholarships. In women's collegiate soccer there are few full ride athletic scholarships. In most cases it will be a mix between academics and athletics monies given to the player. The scholarship money given may or may not cover all their expenses to attend that particular school. That's just the nature of the business. Division III schools offer no athletic money for scholarships. Perhaps the poster should have said, x number of girls are going to play at the next level. But I'm sure you would have found something else to bitch about. This is TS after all...

Comment

My point, douche bag, is that the OP stated those girls all got scholarships.
                            Why so riled up? He/she misspoke. Talk about *********gery why does it really matter?

Comment

So the tournament this weekend is feeling the effects of the break up. Games were moved from land o lakes to pinellas. Couple teams did not like the late field change and forfeited.

Comment

So the tournament this weekend is feeling the effects of the break up. Games were moved from land o lakes to pinellas. Couple teams did not like the late field change and forfeited.
                                Pasco County is not allowing WFF to use the fields since they are no longer affiliated with a Pasco based club. WFF should have recognized that would happen months ago. Once again, this is how poorly WFF is run. Good riddance!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X