Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think his point was, if they are looking for ECNL girls why not go look for them at an ECNL event, not State Cup. And BTW, the number on the 2001 region team is way less than 80% - probably a third of that.
    Did lust or emails go out today as planned

Comment

Did lust or emails go out today as planned
      Yes, lots of lust. Very lustful today.

Comment

Yes, lots of lust. Very lustful today.
        :) dying!!

Comment

01 e-mails received tonight

We received fysa e-mail tonight of invitation for 01 Alabama camp.

Comment

We received fysa e-mail tonight of invitation for 01 Alabama camp.
            Boys or girls invite?

Comment

ECNL players don't need ODP. Most of them don't participate. ODP is a money-making program for players that don't have other ways to be seen by colleges and National coaches. If you are not good enough to make the National ODP camps, it's not worth the money. Spend the money on training and try-out for ECNL or DA.
              Did you know that although the vast majority (80%) of the U17 and u15 girls national team members do hail from ECNL, that none if them are from FL ECNL teams? The only Florida teams represented are non-ecnl players (2). Take a look at UNC's current roster. Nearly every girls participated in ODP, not all at the national level and this is a consistently top school/program in the nation. ECNL is great if you have unlimited resources (6years at 6k per year) and live near one, but i think for college it is good advice to have a well rounded resume with proven success in different areas (including non-soccer activities). Read some of the bios of rostered girls at top schools and you will see this poster is trolling. You can't really list private training as an accomplishment lol.

Comment

Any word as to when camp lists for these age groups may be out? Were ODP coaches at games this past weekends ?
                I dont understand. They were supposed to announce via website on the 27th. I would like to be able plan for the summer. Did I miss a notification? Please don't be mean to me - I just limited funds for camps, etc. and feel better when i can prioritze.

Comment

I dont understand. They were supposed to announce via website on the 27th. I would like to be able plan for the summer. Did I miss a notification? Please don't be mean to me - I just limited funds for camps, etc. and feel better when i can prioritze.
                  Agreed we are waiting too

Comment

Trust me, 4 years running. 4:59pm Friday. It is always 4:59pm Friday. Phones will go to answering machine at 5:00pm sharp. Get out of the way at the intersection at Berkely Rd at 5:01pm.

Comment

Region III Camp

Trust me, 4 years running. 4:59pm Friday. It is always 4:59pm Friday. Phones will go to answering machine at 5:00pm sharp. Get out of the way at the intersection at Berkely Rd at 5:01pm.
                      That's funny, but you're prob right! That's what I would do 😂

Comment

That's funny, but you're prob right! That's what I would do ��
                        I guess I give them too much credit. Let's hope they do better than next Friday.

Comment

Region III Camp

I guess I give them too much credit. Let's hope they do better than next Friday.
                          It's ok, it gave me some hope for a little while 😂! I feel like an idiot, waiting for this stupid announcement with bated breath, lol! What the heck is the holdup?

Comment

It's ok, it gave me some hope for a little while 😂! I feel like an idiot, waiting for this stupid announcement with bated breath, lol! What the heck is the holdup?

I don't think region IV is even too that part of the process yet. So I wouldn't complain

Comment

I don't think region IV is even too that part of the process yet. So I wouldn't complain
                              The complaint is valid. Last year's first group invitations were sent out April 13th. This year they said via email that the announcement would be on the website April 27th- I just read through all my communucations to verify that. I think a lot of kids (and parents) are feeling anxious for no reason. Just send out an update email announcing a delay in the selections. How hard would that be? What is happening is not what the kids were told would happen. It is rather rude and inconsiderate to do this to the kids i think. Just communicate something- it would literally take one minute. I am sure lots of kids think because they didnt get an email they didnt make it. My kids have been txt'ing all the kids from camp last year to see if they heard- otherwise they would probably think they didnt make it.
                              Don't apologize about being anxious. We all hope for successes in our kids lives. Could be SAT's, college acceptance letters or job interviews. Anyone that denies it is either a crap parent or a liar.

Comment

Region III Camp

The complaint is valid. Last year's first group invitations were sent out April 13th. This year they said via email that the announcement would be on the website April 27th- I just read through all my communucations to verify that. I think a lot of kids (and parents) are feeling anxious for no reason. Just send out an update email announcing a delay in the selections. How hard would that be? What is happening is not what the kids were told would happen. It is rather rude and inconsiderate to do this to the kids i think. Just communicate something- it would literally take one minute. I am sure lots of kids think because they didnt get an email they didnt make it. My kids have been txt'ing all the kids from camp last year to see if they heard- otherwise they would probably think they didnt make it.
                                Don't apologize about being anxious. We all hope for successes in our kids lives. Could be SAT's, college acceptance letters or job interviews. Anyone that denies it is either a crap parent or a liar.

You are correct, thanks! If they need more time then just say so. I thought I heard at the 1st training session in Ft Meyers that we would hear something by April 30th??? If your kid does not get selected, I guess you will just have to hear via friends, who's kids did make it that invitations went out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X