FSPL and age group changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told that the new U18 is now U19 so I am sure that FSPL would be adjusted to that as well. U14-U19 - I could be wrong, but that is what I have read on some US soccer articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This was answered on another thread. This year u15 (Your Example) makes FSPL via state cup. Next year That FSPL team will be u17. It will follow oldest birth year and can not go either / or. If either / or you will have too many FSPL teams in some ages and not enough in others. So if all follow the one rule of u15 wins FSPL slot it moves to u17 and all the ranks are even and happy.
      The USYS National League has posted a list of qualifying teams for 2016/17 season. This year's U15 teams earned spots in next year's U17 division. Since National League and Regional League winners earn spots in Regional and National Championships (I think), then it would make sense that all lower leagues follow the same logic.

Comment

The USYS National League has posted a list of qualifying teams for 2016/17 season. This year's U15 teams earned spots in next year's U17 division. Since National League and Regional League winners earn spots in Regional and National Championships (I think), then it would make sense that all lower leagues follow the same logic.
        Link please? Thanks

Comment

What on god's earth are you talking about??

Just show up to tryouts. Your kid will get directed to the correct age group. And then he/she will get selected to the team she deserves to be on.
          Sorry that the question was above your head😀

Comment

Sorry that the question was above your head😀
            Not above my head at all. Lets break it down. You asked two questions:

With the age group changes for the 2016/2017 season, should my kid play up?
            This is the question I answered. Refer back to my post.
            if a 2001 (u15 team this year) earns a spot in FSPL will the spot go to the U16s team next season or to the u17s because of the age group changes?
            Refer back to my answer to question 1. Because your kid should play where her talent can be maximized and allow her to play at her best. if she is good enough to play up, that will be decided at tryouts. They will place her where she need to be; if and only if they (and you) have her best interest in mind.

Comment

Refer back to my answer to question 1. Because your kid should play where her talent can be maximized and allow her to play at her best. if she is good enough to play up, that will be decided at tryouts. They will place her where she need to be; if and only if they (and you) have her best interest in mind.
              I over estimated your intelligence, but thanks for trying to get it.

Comment

I over estimated your intelligence, but thanks for trying to get it.
                I originally thought you were just silly for posting such a stupid question on TS (actually looking for advice on playing up from this forum).

But your recent attempts at a comeback assured me how stupid you really are.

Do you want tax and accounting advice on TS also? LOL

Comment

I originally thought you were just silly for posting such a stupid question on TS (actually looking for advice on playing up from this forum).

But your recent attempts at a comeback assured me how stupid you really are.

Do you want tax and accounting advice on TS also? LOL
                  Your boss is calling you, there are burgers that need flipping. Hurry along now.

Comment

Seems logical

Comment

I think you are kind if missing what kids are concerned about. This is how my kids explained it to me- If this is not officially decided BEFORE tryouts, a good player on a current FPL team could end up in a FYSA Division II OR III team thinking that was the age group getting the FPL. It depends on the team above and below. So saying 'go to tryout and see' is an insufficient solution when they probably wont even know until tryouts. But it probably made you feel righteous and morally superior. Earning your way onto a top league and the ending up in a lower competetive league would be pretty devastating to good players development and because it was decided after tryouts they are committed to the team- can't even easily move to another club. At least that is how it playing out for our kid. Your snitty sarcasm does address the various scenarios that are messing with the kids heads.

Comment

Your boss is calling you, there are burgers that need flipping. Hurry along now.
                        Hahaha. Another failed attempt. Its OK. Just go to the tryout. I'm sure your daughter is good enough to play up. The BJ your wife gave the coach pretty much guarantees it. The BJ YOU gave him didn't hurt either. LOL

Comment

I think you are kind if missing what kids are concerned about. This is how my kids explained it to me- If this is not officially decided BEFORE tryouts, a good player on a current FPL team could end up in a FYSA Division II OR III team thinking that was the age group getting the FPL. It depends on the team above and below. So saying 'go to tryout and see' is an insufficient solution when they probably wont even know until tryouts. But it probably made you feel righteous and morally superior. Earning your way onto a top league and the ending up in a lower competetive league would be pretty devastating to good players development and because it was decided after tryouts they are committed to the team- can't even easily move to another club. At least that is how it playing out for our kid. Your snitty sarcasm does address the various scenarios that are messing with the kids heads.
                          There is no sarcasm.
                          It boils down to one thing: is the player GOOD enough to play up? That should be the deciding factor. If that player winds up being stuck on a division II team because they weren't good enough to play up (even though they played with some of those girls this past year), so be it.

The deciding factor SHOULD NOT be where the parent wants her to play. It should be earned.

I get what you are saying. It can be decided after tryouts and then hinder that players development. But if the player was good enough to play up, they would have made the team. If they didn't make it, then they weren't good enough this year. Buying her way onto the team because "you want her to continue to develop at a fast rate" is cheating the system and is exactly what is wrong with our pay-to-play system.

Again, its OK to have her tryout for an older age group. If she makes it, fantastic. If she doesn't, then her development will have to suffer. Either she needs to grow, get better, get faster, get tougher, or, as many parents do,.....buy her way onto the team.

Comment

Hahaha. Another failed attempt. Its OK. Just go to the tryout. I'm sure your daughter is good enough to play up. The BJ your wife gave the coach pretty much guarantees it. The BJ YOU gave him didn't hurt either. LOL
                            Yep, the burgers are ready. (You really helped prove my point with your low class trailer park response).

Comment

Yep, the burgers are ready. (You really helped prove my point with your low class trailer park response).
                              Burgers. LOLOLOLOL

What a tard. Listen.....Your daughter will land on a team. Stop worrying. Follow the GotSoccer points. And if she doesn't get picked/allowed to play up,.....just revert to the "daddy will do whatever it takes to make sure my little Mia plays with the big girls" method.
                              Its probably what landed her of that FSPL team to begin with.

Burgers....LOLOL

Comment

BTW, you don't need parentheses if are starting a new sentence. LOLOL

Tard

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X