U17b 2015-2016 98/99

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WC is too remote for most and top coach will not come to Lutz rangers because they are not paid. The only place in the middle at the waters location would be TBU. They do not have a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      WC is too remote for most and top coach will not come to Lutz rangers because they are not paid. The only place in the middle at the waters location would be TBU. They do not have a coach.
      Sorry too much politics at TBU- they haven't produced a quality boys team in years. EO has taken two teams to round of 16 twice.

Comment

Sorry too much politics at TBU- they haven't produced a quality boys team in years. EO has taken two teams to round of 16 twice.
        I know about the politics just thinking location.

Comment

There is very little a coach can do when it comes to players having to take SAT, PRE SAT, Prom and other reasons that a player can come up with. The coach cannot stop players from making those decisions. What is interesting to me is that a team with 18 -20 players suddenly end up playing with 12 or 13 players in SC because players chose to go to prom.

I can understand SAT and PRE SAT but for parents to allow their kids to go to prom and neglect the team commitment and let the players and coach down is beyond reasoning. I am sure that if they told any coach upfront that they will not be participating in SC due to prom, the coach will probably not select them so they knowingly join a team and accept a spot that could have gone to another player and when SC comes, they make up excuses and not finish their SC commitment. This can change the dynamic of any team. Injuries are also a huge factor. I know WFF Brandon had high hopes but could not perform at SC, WC started the season in the high 100 + ranking and moved up to low 30's playing but still did well until the second round but they were not expected to do much as underdog but I think they did well overall. The surprise of the Bay area happened to be Tampa Rangers and PCU.

If I had to pick a coach for this combined players, I will recommend EO because he at least holds the players accountable and doesn't take crap or suck up to parents and stands a better chance to attract players than the other coaches. I think they should play under Lutz Rangers or WC. Small club with less fees compared to the bigger clubs.
          Excuses excuses! Teams are picked and that's that. A new coach is needed

Comment

Excuses excuses! Teams are picked and that's that. A new coach is needed
            That is the issue. For some soccer is just something you do. For other it is life. Unfortunately, the memories of prom are more important than soccer. That is the question that needs to be asked at the beginning of the season.

Who on the team is soccer first? You find out pretty quick a parents/players level of commitment?

Injuries are one thing. Prom, SAT, ACT are another.

Comment

That is the issue. For some soccer is just something you do. For other it is life. Unfortunately, the memories of prom are more important than soccer. That is the question that needs to be asked at the beginning of the season.

Who on the team is soccer first? You find out pretty quick a parents/players level of commitment?

Injuries are one thing. Prom, SAT, ACT are another.
              So true but the reality is that players and parents will commit and say soccer first so that their kids can be on the team and then later when prom comes along, they will come up with excuses and then either quit the team or not show up to games especially if the game day involves travel and hotel. I also think that FYSA should not schedule games on weekend that will affect SAT exam dates for the older age groups. They should schedule SC for U17 and above the same time as the U19 SC dates to avoid academic conflicts.

Comment

I am a dad with a U17 son who is a 98 player. I am from the Orlando area, but I have been following the Tampa area discussion about what to do with the 98 birth year players next year. I have to admit I have been intrigued with the idea of forming an invitation-only team and letting the players have a lot of say in who's on the team and how the team operates. Good responsibility for a group of players who will be 18 to 19 years old.

However, when I shared the idea with my son, he was less than gung-ho about it. Don't know if he thought it sounded like too much work or not that attractive an idea. But, he has always been more of a follower than a leader. I think he might go for that kind of arrangement if he didn't have to be the one leading it.

I think someone (an adult) could cast a vision to a group of U19 boys and a few of them who are leaders might step up and carry the load for the others who may be more followers. I encourage you all to give it a try and see if anything materializes. However, you would need to start soon, before the clubs hold their tryouts for next year...

Comment

My prediction is FC Florida beats RM now that full squad is back. 2-1 FC Florida and state champs are eliminated.

Comment

My prediction is FC Florida beats RM now that full squad is back. 2-1 FC Florida and state champs are eliminated.
                    lol So your squad is nothing without your starting midfielder who is the only one that was missing? Lame team if that is the case but they all say that FC Florida White is a one man team. Shut that one man down and you are back to being nothing.

You have no chance against any real TEAM and this past weekend proved it. RM wins.

Comment

Hey RM! Make sure you bring a copy of the roster pics from Gotsoccer and give it to the ref before the game to compare with the cards CM provides. I hear he is adding a couple of new guest players at the last minute as usual. He is desperate!

Comment

final four prediction

who does you think will make it in the final four ?????

Comment

who will be coaching U18 boys next year at wc?

Comment

who will be coaching U18 boys next year at wc?
                            I think they are letting EO finish the year with that age group which is smart than to change things up. He encourage them to play HS and I am sure he will do the same in their final year but I will suggest that he keeps a 22 man roster and make sure players are committed the full season.

Comment

I think they are letting EO finish the year with that age group which is smart than to change things up. He encourage them to play HS and I am sure he will do the same in their final year but I will suggest that he keeps a 22 man roster and make sure players are committed the full season.
                              He's taking over the girl's u16 next year and due to the drama he'll with have to deal with on that team, he won't coach another senior team

Comment

Who is EO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X