X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All contenders are on same half
    yep therein lies the problem with your list of contenders - 2 of them will be out no later than a week from Sunday. Not a Clay parent but this automatically should make Clay a contender. Similar applies to winner of the GPS vs Kendall game.

Realistically one semi is more than likely (based on season results) to be GPS vs Clay. The other semi is much more difficult to predict. Toros vs WFF could go either way in round of 16 and the likely match up of NFM vs OCYS in round of 8 is again a push.

Comment

and the race for the 8th best team continues.....lmao
      LOL This!!!!

Comment

yep therein lies the problem with your list of contenders - 2 of them will be out no later than a week from Sunday. Not a Clay parent but this automatically should make Clay a contender. Similar applies to winner of the GPS vs Kendall game.

Realistically one semi is more than likely (based on season results) to be GPS vs Clay. The other semi is much more difficult to predict. Toros vs WFF could go either way in round of 16 and the likely match up of NFM vs OCYS in round of 8 is again a push.
        I can buy your argument. The top half of the bracket could beat each other up pretty well going into the finals and just competition fatigue could give Clay an edge. That is a little bit of the luck I wrote about originally, it will depend on how teams in the top of the bracket come out of their matches injury and stamina wise.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
          I can buy your argument. The top half of the bracket could beat each other up pretty well going into the finals and just competition fatigue could give Clay an edge. That is a little bit of the luck I wrote about originally, it will depend on how teams in the top of the bracket come out of their matches injury and stamina wise.
          agreed. enjoy your write ups none the less!

Comment

OK Clearwater Troll. I'll play along with you...

Do you and your boy watch Rudy together every night??

LOL
            Do you and your girl watch "The Bird Cage" on weekends?? LMAO

Comment

and the race for the 8th best team continues.....lmao
              and the race for number #1 Troll continues...... meh

Comment

Here let me help you with your prognosis

LOL This!!!!
                I see you like to respond to your own posts. Here is a good quote for you.

The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
                ― George Carlin

Comment

We are just a week away from Round of 16 & Quarterfinals. There are three groups of teams as I see it:

Contenders
                  Long shots
                  No chance

Let's start with the no chance, as these teams just don't have the team strength to not falter in any of the next 4 games:
                  Ives
                  NFM-Red
                  Davie
                  Lake Worth
                  Strictly
                  Coral Springs United
                  Real Madrid
                  Leg-AZ

The next group is the long shot teams. These teams are unlikely to win, but if the "play up" against the contenders and the contenders don't perform their best, they could (conceivably) win with a lot of luck. Maybe even a draw going to PK's to advance:
                  Clay
                  ADCY
                  Kendall
                  GPS

I know some are picking Clay to win it, but they haven't been demonstrating consistent performance and have had a lot of close games against marginal teams lately.

That leaves the contenders. This group is very close competition-wise and, like most year, the winner is going to need to play well consistently and even then a little good luck will be needed to take home the title:
                  WFF-Brandon
                  The defending champs came out and took care of business in Round 2. The coach is the secret sauce and counting out this team would be a mistake.

Coral Gables Last years runner-up, played up big when they had to against Weston. The only team to make it to the finals every year for this age group, they have to be considered a contender as well.

OC A semifinalist last year that lost to WFF in PKs and a very solid team. They must avoid a letdown like their game against S. Orlando. Consistency wins the title.

NFM-BlackWinner of FSPL this year. They had a very weak Round 2 group this year, which can work against a team. It can make a team overconfident and hard to keep peak playing level against easy competition.

Here's how I see the matches for Round of 16:

WFF-Brandon vs. Coral Gables A rematch of last year's finals, should be a close and tough game. In this matchup I think the coaching nod (and the win) goes to WFF-Brandon.

Ives vs. NFM-Red I think Ives should win this.

OC vs. Strictly Strictly is outmatched, but if the S. Orlando OC team shows up they will have trouble. An underperformance by OC opens the door for a Strictly upset.

NFM-Black vs. Lake Worth This game should be no problem for NFM-Black.

Clay vs Davie Can Davie be the spoiler? Will the Cinderella story continue? No. Davie progressed out of a weak group. Their 4-0 loss to OC shows they are not yet ready for Prime Time, Clay for the win.

ACYS vs. CSU CSU was another weak team blessed by the draw, ACYS will have no problem.

Real Madrid vs. Leg-AZ This should be a pretty tough game, it's a coin toss but I will give the nod to Real Madrid

Kendall vs. GPS Both teams came out of tough brackets in Round 2 and are pretty evenly matched. Another coin toss, but somebody has to win. Pick Kendall
                  WFF was lucky to win there group in Round 2. They beat GPS 2-1 off of a Penalty in the last second that the ref hand fed them. If that game would've ended up as a dram GPS would've won there group and WFF wouldve came out 2nd.

Also in recent results I would not say teams like ACYS, CC or GPS has a long shot because they can beat any of the top teams in the state on any given day. This state cup will be determined on the team that's been in form and aren't cocky against the easier opponent they come up against.

Comment

WFF was lucky to win there group in Round 2. They beat GPS 2-1 off of a Penalty in the last second that the ref hand fed them. If that game would've ended up as a dram GPS would've won there group and WFF wouldve came out 2nd.

Also in recent results I would not say teams like ACYS, CC or GPS has a long shot because they can beat any of the top teams in the state on any given day. This state cup will be determined on the team that's been in form and aren't cocky against the easier opponent they come up against.
                    Thank you for your game details vs WFF, Mr. or Mrs. GPS parent.

Comment

Was it not a foul? Could it have been a foul in the box? If so, it's pretty reckless to make such a play late in a one – one game.

Either way, it still could have been lucky for GPS to be second in the group. The competition in the lower half of the bracket is not as strong as WFF, Orlando City, Coral Gables, and NFM-Black. Clay has shown they are beatable and Kendall hasn't been dominating anybody recently.

Comment

Was it not a foul? Could it have been a foul in the box? If so, it's pretty reckless to make such a play late in a one – one game.

Either way, it still could have been lucky for GPS to be second in the group. The competition in the lower half of the bracket is not as strong as WFF, Orlando City, Coral Gables, and NFM-Black. Clay has shown they are beatable and Kendall hasn't been dominating anybody recently.
                        Agreed just stating that WFF is not a dominate team and will lose to CG in the round of 16

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
                          Do you and your girl watch "The Bird Cage" on weekends?? LMAO
                          Rudy....Rudy....Rudy.....

LOL

Comment

and the race for number #1 Troll continues...... meh
                            Rudy!!!!

Rudy!!!

This one really got to you......kind of hit close to home huh? LMAO

#racefor8th

Comment

Rudy!!!!

Rudy!!!

This one really got to you......kind of hit close to home huh? LMAO

#racefor8th
                              #whateverhelpsyousleepatnight
                              #keepdrinkingtampakoolaid
                              #delusionsofgrandeur
                              #imatrollandicanthelpit
                              #your5footnothin

And last but not least
                              #hellomynameisarmandgoldman

Ok now i gotta go to sleep! Keep cracking yourself up though. Its entertaining to say the least.

Comment

#whateverhelpsyousleepatnight
                                #keepdrinkingtampakoolaid
                                #delusionsofgrandeur
                                #imatrollandicanthelpit
                                #your5footnothin

And last but not least
                                #hellomynameisarmandgoldman

Ok now i gotta go to sleep! Keep cracking yourself up though. Its entertaining to say the least.
                                Rudy.......Rudy......Rudy....... LOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X