X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS money no problems Big Deal?

Are you kidding me!!

If you check there tax returns on the link provided you can see that from 2008 to 2009 their revenue went from roughly $850,000 a year to $550,000 a year. I am guessing the downward trend will continue due to the fact that along with tough economic times, the Chinook Cup supposedly went to an even smaller format to insure quality.(Yeah Right) In the same time period there administrative costs went from $144,000 to $150,000.
    So why does it matter, let me $count the ways:
    1. Money for Coaches
    2. Money for fields
    3. Money for clinics
    4. The effectiveness of an Organization that is raising it's admin costs while losing revenue.
    5. Money to get your kids recruited by colleges.

Classic Soccer is not a cheap ticket and I would like to get the most out of the money I put into a club.

Comment

So, wasn't the whole merge between SS & LOSC to form OSSA supposed to relieve some of the financial pressure SS was experiencing?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So, wasn't the whole merge between SS & LOSC to form OSSA supposed to relieve some of the financial pressure SS was experiencing?
        AHHH Yes thank You a voice of reason.

Comment

Net assets for 2009(form 990)

Southside: 0

LO: 147,000

FC: (-) 429,000

Thusc: 87,000

Westside: (-) 6,500

Eastside: not posted

Comment

Net assets for 2009(form 990)

Southside: 0

LO: 147,000

FC: (-) 429,000

Thusc: 87,000

Westside: (-) 6,500

Eastside: not posted
            I would not get too excited about the numbers off of the 990 (The IRS Form 990 is for organizations with annual receipts of more than $100000 or total assets more than $250000)

These have to be filed and there are rules as to how much cash can be held by a Not for profit. There are also rules as to how the money is supposed to be spent. For example in a true 501C the money made from "rec" soccer should go back to rec soccer. Do this orgs do that? Unlikely. Negative assets could be very deceiving to someone who does not know this stuff very well.

Comment

Rec

I think SS is the only one doing a true Rec program, the other do development programs. not usre if there is a difference.

Comment

I think SS is the only one doing a true Rec program, the other do development programs. not usre if there is a difference.
                Westside has one as well. It's called Westside Warriors.

Comment

Nice Try

Warriors and Metro share office space plus work together at times, but they are separate Clubs.

Comment

Warriors and Metro share office space plus work together at times, but they are separate Clubs.
                    Then why is it when my son played for the Warriors he was introduced to the same man as when he played for the U9 Metros team? (don't know his name but he has a beard and is always walking a beagle)

Comment

They're the same. They feed off each other, share the same office, much of the same staff, etc.

Comment

Warriors and WSM

I do not know the answer or how the are situated but I wonder if they share space but are separate financial entities.

Comment

I am sorry I was a little unclear on this in regard to a 501C. It doesn't matter of there is a rec program, the point was more to this; If a not for profit brings in money through one program that money has to be ear-marked for that same program. In other words you cannot take money from "Rec" and put it towards classic soccer. UNLESS they have a united goal say a turf field that everyone will get use out of. I am sure there are ways around this, but that's the way it is supposed to be.

I do not remember my original post, but I think we were discussing the 990's and that you really cannot tell where a club is by that document.

Comment

The story continues

I do not know the answer or how the are situated but I wonder if they share space but are separate financial entities.
                            Separate Clubs mean the money is separate and different mission.

Warriors do promote Metros Development, but families go/do what they want to. So what? Other Rec Clubs directly/indirectly point their families toward other programs.

At least some Rec Clubs provide options to their families wanting more. Having gone from Rec to Classic, the entry process is not easy and takes a different focus. The earlier you start down that path, the better for your family to understand what they want to do.

Comment

Does anybody know which clubs are having money issues? In todays economy some clubs are probably in big trouble.
                              FCP is hurting it is rumored.

Comment

FCP is hurting it is rumored.
                                For the past 10 years that's been the rumor. Maybe it will stop. From published financial information it looks like the most financially healthy club is PCU.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X