Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazuca View Post
    They have not played all of the teams in PDX and may never have the opportunity to go against them all. But they beaten all the ones they've played against and that is without any of the new Oregon players added to the team.

They tied the best team in the state of WA, WA Premier, earlier this month in NWCL play. (WP may have added some U16s to that team)

I think it's reasonable to say that WT-FC is going to be a strong contender for WA state cup.

If you have a U15 boy that is serious about soccer, get him in front of this coach.
    Amazing shameless recruiting plug. I wouldn't put my kid in front of VG for all the competition in the world. Creep.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Have they beaten WPFC or CFC Galacticos yet? Didn't think so...
      Yes, they have beaten CFC in a friendly last month!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazuca View Post
        For once in a long time, WT-FC is in a fantastic position to dominate Pac NW soccer. The boys U15 Reds, led by coach Victor Garcete, is without dount the best team at age in Oregon and is in the top 3 of Washington. They are starting to attract good talent from other clubs.

They are helped by the fact that Oregon high schools will be playing in the fall and Oregon club soccer shuts downs for now. I would say that if you have a U15B in Portland who is SERIOUS about soccer, then you should find him a way to get to this team. In exchange for giving up high school soccer, he will get top quality soccer against the best teams in Washington.

It's probably the first time that a Vancouver team is in a great position to dominate NW soccer and go National. (I'm not affiliaited with this team)
        For someone not affiliated with the team, you sure know a lot. Sounds like you're trying to stir up trouble.

Comment

Amazing shameless recruiting plug. I wouldn't put my kid in front of VG for all the competition in the world. Creep.
          This more than likely is someone not affiliated with the team...the person that started this thread just wanted to stir the pot.

This team has had some early success and I envision them to finish 4th or 5th in RCL.

Comment

Most sane parents would agree. How long will the hype last for this team? About as long as it takes for VG to either punch a player again or bench a starter for not paying for his private sessions.

Comment

How many state championships, or state semi finalists has this team won or been involved in?
              How many NWCL championships or semi finalists?
              What is there current standings in NWCL group play?
              At least 2 maybe 3 teams in Oregon play a much better brand and would beat this team over a season and don't even look at the Washington teams that are far superior 6 or 7 teams easily.
              Seemingly good kids with 3 or 4 sets of deluded parents that even regularly threaten to take their kid to Seattle as a 'discovery player' if their kid continues to not get time or there isn't a coaching change.

Comment

How many state championships, or state semi finalists has this team won or been involved in?
                How many NWCL championships or semi finalists?
                What is there current standings in NWCL group play?
                At least 2 maybe 3 teams in Oregon play a much better brand and would beat this team over a season and don't even look at the Washington teams that are far superior 6 or 7 teams easily.
                Seemingly good kids with 3 or 4 sets of deluded parents that even regularly threaten to take their kid to Seattle as a 'discovery player' if their kid continues to not get time or there isn't a coaching change.
                Sounds like someone is a little threatened

Comment

Most sane parents would agree. How long will the hype last for this team? About as long as it takes for VG to either punch a player again or bench a starter for not paying for his private sessions.
                  Does he still bite?

Comment

This team represents the best opportunity for a PDX player who wants to take their game to the next level.

I'm not affiliated with the team but I do want to see a team from our region beat the strong teams up north in Seattle. There is a unique opportunity here when Portland club soccer shuts down for the rest of the year but Washington club soccer continues.

There is not another team in the area that is playing at the level of this team , RCL 1. Or holding their own in NWCL against some older players.

If your player is happy with OYSA/OPL and Oregon State cup and Oregon high school level soccer, then you are free to ignore this thread.

Comment

Sounds like someone is a little threatened
                      hahahaha yeah the whole region is terrified hahahaha

Comment

Yes, they have beaten CFC in a friendly last month!
                        I'm not sure I would get too excited about a one goal victory off a PK. Overall it was a pretty even match. It will mean more when there is actually something at stake.

Comment

I'm not sure I would get too excited about a one goal victory off a PK. Overall it was a pretty even match. It will mean more when there is actually something at stake.
                          I didn't realize that there are different categories of wins. All these years, I've only seen Win, Loss, and Draw.

Thanks for introducing "narrow win", "PK win", and "nothing-at-stake-so-that's-why-we-lost" win.

Comment

They picked up three already. Doubt they get more.

Comment

They picked up three already. Doubt they get more.
                              You mean they picked up 3 from Oregon?

Comment

Originally posted by 23a39e77@opayq.com View Post
                                I didn't realize that there are different categories of wins. All these years, I've only seen Win, Loss, and Draw.

Thanks for introducing "narrow win", "PK win", and "nothing-at-stake-so-that's-why-we-lost" win.
                                Boy you don't read very well do you. I didn't try to take away the win, I was just saying before you start beating your chest about being the best in the northwest you might want to take a deep breath, relax and get a little perspective.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X