Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can see that you clearly were in speech and debate in high school as you support your arguments sooo well. Your house must be full of intelligent discussions.

One qualifying team from 2013 Fall NPL, FCSC, is in U14 girls 2014 NPL Div, (Thusc is not the same team post ecnl), the rest are B team fillers. OYSA U14G has 5. There is also a reason that LO and FCPdx Boys U14 are in the OYSA Prem league, they want good games and won't get them in OPL. U13G are fairly even, U12G are much stronger in OYSA, etc, etc.

Unification would be best for everyone, mostly the kids and their development, but let's not kid ourselves, OPL's NPL is a watered down rec league with mainly FCP giving it some strong teams.
    Thusc is not a "team" Thusc is a club.

Comment

I can see that you clearly were in speech and debate in high school as you support your arguments sooo well. Your house must be full of intelligent discussions.

One qualifying team from 2013 Fall NPL, FCSC, is in U14 girls 2014 NPL Div, (Thusc is not the same team post ecnl), the rest are B team fillers. OYSA U14G has 5. There is also a reason that LO and FCPdx Boys U14 are in the OYSA Prem league, they want good games and won't get them in OPL. U13G are fairly even, U12G are much stronger in OYSA, etc, etc.

Unification would be best for everyone, mostly the kids and their development, but let's not kid ourselves, OPL's NPL is a watered down rec league with mainly FCP giving it some strong teams.
      LO & FCP are also playing in OPL. The reason they are playing in OYSA is so they can spank up on some OYSA teams.

Comment

Yawn.......................

Comment

Thusc is not a "team" Thusc is a club.
          Not the same person you replied to but feel the need to help you read their post. Their use of the term Thusc was in reference to a team in the age group they were discussing (U14G). Hope that helps you follow the discussion better. Wish I could have helped before you made the dumb comment.

Comment

Know your age groups

The only thing they would struggle to do is to get enough energy for the day trip to Bend or Corvallis for the 5-0 stomping.
            Before replying with nonsense please know your age groups you are discussing - you obviously know nothing about the U12 Boys age group. You might as well just reply with "foam fingers and MLS patches" or "hyperbole and conjecture"...guess we can add "Bend and Corvallis" to the repertoire of dumb replies we constantly see on this board.

Comment

Excuse me, Thusc Silver is not the same team, I pretty sure no one but you was confused.

Yes, Crossfire and FCP are playing in OPL so that they can qualify for NWCL but are playing in OYSA so they can get some games that aren't blowouts.

Comment

Excuse me, Thusc Silver is not the same team, I pretty sure no one but you was confused.

Yes, Crossfire and FCP are playing in OPL so that they can qualify for NWCL but are playing in OYSA so they can get some games that aren't blowouts.
                No, you was confused.

Comment

First you tell me how to spend my money and then you tell me that if I don't want to travel to Bend for a saturday game I shouldn't be playing..... when did this country become a bunch of little dictators.... Screw you, my dd will play and I won't have to travel more than 15 minutes down the street for her to do it. When she travels it will be on a plane to play a team I feel is worthy and there's nothing you can do about it. How do you like that??
                  And it is your right to settle for that…You still sound like a prissy little diva however that "she will play a team I feel is worthy", sorry but that is just lame.

Your daughter may compete, she may be involved in competitions, but she is not herself a competitor with that sort of attitude.

Competitors value the game, and manage to learn something in every game they play, they may travel by plane for the top level matches they play, but they will find game anywhere they are. Also a true competitor respects their competition, because the game does not exist without two sides. The whole princess diva act is just pathetic

Comment

And it is your right to settle for that…You still sound like a prissy little diva however that "she will play a team I feel is worthy", sorry but that is just lame.

Your daughter may compete, she may be involved in competitions, but she is not herself a competitor with that sort of attitude.

Competitors value the game, and manage to learn something in every game they play, they may travel by plane for the top level matches they play, but they will find game anywhere they are. Also a true competitor respects their competition, because the game does not exist without two sides. The whole princess diva act is just pathetic
                    She can find better competition in the backyard than anything she'd find in Corvallis

Comment

Yeah, throw down those foam fingers, tear off that MLS patch.... and re-join where you were once before.
                      For a short period we played in the OPL league, I would never say we were members of OPL, I would never consider that would be rejoining, and frankly there is nothing for us at OPL…My two sons played on highly competitive teams, we would travel the west coast, we would travel to regionals 8 times, and we would travel within Portland.

There were a few blowouts, but not that many, and actually most of them happened when we played Portland or Valley based teams.

The reality is that any coach who arrogantly dismisses another team is probably scared about the fallout if their prized super team didn't blow out the subject of their derision.

Any Parent is likely fearing the same, and not wanting to disturb their child's image of themselves as worldbeaters…

We played many teams from many places, we travelled or we stayed at home, when we first entered soccer Classic/Competitive/etc was identified as a traveling league…

If you don't want to travel it is the wrong place to be.

Comment

She can find better competition in the backyard than anything she'd find in Corvallis
                        keep telling yourself that…maybe someday you will believe it.

Comment

Is U16 old enough to leave alone in the car??

Comment

I can't speak for every age group but for my kid's, the split really cut the premier teams down the middle. Half in OPL and half in OYSA. We are OYSA and while I expect no empathy or understanding about this, we are glad of that because we never felt like true members of OPL. The leagues were clearly PORTLAND premier leagues and if you had a strong Oregon team from out of the area (we do), tough luck. The people who complain on this site about driving during fall and spring league make me laugh, because every fall league she played with OPL we had 10 away games, most at least 2 hours away. We drove because that's where the competition was, but when it was that once in a blue moon chance to play teams at home, we gave them good games and won more than we lost, so the argument about "drive 2 hours to spank teams" didn't apply one bit with our team.

As far as the competition now that the split has happened, we are relying on out of state tournaments, NWCL, and Far West Regional League - more travel. We've lost a few talented players who can't/won't do that much traveling, but this is the world we live in, and those of us who have stayed have committed girls and we make it work.

I do hope the leagues can reunite, but until the out of Portland clubs are treated as equal partners, I don't see it happening.

Comment

I can't speak for every age group but for my kid's, the split really cut the premier teams down the middle. Half in OPL and half in OYSA. We are OYSA and while I expect no empathy or understanding about this, we are glad of that because we never felt like true members of OPL. The leagues were clearly PORTLAND premier leagues and if you had a strong Oregon team from out of the area (we do), tough luck. The people who complain on this site about driving during fall and spring league make me laugh, because every fall league she played with OPL we had 10 away games, most at least 2 hours away. We drove because that's where the competition was, but when it was that once in a blue moon chance to play teams at home, we gave them good games and won more than we lost, so the argument about "drive 2 hours to spank teams" didn't apply one bit with our team.

As far as the competition now that the split has happened, we are relying on out of state tournaments, NWCL, and Far West Regional League - more travel. We've lost a few talented players who can't/won't do that much traveling, but this is the world we live in, and those of us who have stayed have committed girls and we make it work.

I do hope the leagues can reunite, but until the out of Portland clubs are treated as equal partners, I don't see it happening.
                              Talk to OYSA. I'm sure you will have nothing but home games this fall.

Comment

You choose where you live. Deal with it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X