Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do you suggest be done? How about all Timbers parents move their kids to the OPL clubs tomorrow? That'll definitely fix the problem, won't it?
    Yeah, throw down those foam fingers, tear off that MLS patch.... and re-join where you were once before.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      both sides are pathetic.

In a proper unified league everyone would earn their spots, so driving further out would be justified, as those teams would be better competition.

For your opl part you are paying inflated premier prices, to play in what amounts to a 3 club house league. It's just stupid and asinine all the way around.
      +1000

Comment

Both sides are pathetic.

In a proper unified league everyone would earn their spots, so driving further out would be justified, as those teams would be better competition.

For your OPL part you are paying inflated premier prices, to play in what amounts to a 3 club house league. It's just stupid and asinine all the way around.
        Speak for yourself, I'm fine with OPL, and what are you talking about inflated prices?? Fall league is free this year, how is that inflated??

Comment

+1000

+1000 rec players.

Comment

So if you don't want to travel don't play. Pretty simple.

Or are you one of those Diva wannabes that sits up in your little chair and pronounces every team unworthy of your competition before you even step on the field.

A true competitor does not only play "those who are deemed worthy". A true competitor is ready to compete anytime, anywhere, against anyone, because they live the game and they understand at the top levels development is really internal to a player, see problems and options, gaining game experience etc ...

If you aren't a competitor, that us your choice, but then the reason you don't want to travel has little to do with the unknown competition. It has everything to do with your Ego being more important to you than the game.
            First you tell me how to spend my money and then you tell me that if I don't want to travel to Bend for a saturday game I shouldn't be playing..... when did this country become a bunch of little dictators.... Screw you, my dd will play and I won't have to travel more than 15 minutes down the street for her to do it. When she travels it will be on a plane to play a team I feel is worthy and there's nothing you can do about it. How do you like that??

Comment

What do you suggest be done? How about all Timbers parents move their kids to the OPL clubs tomorrow? That'll definitely fix the problem, won't it?
              ya because that's such an easy solution for those of us who don't live in Portland

Comment

Both sides are pathetic.

For your OPL part you are paying inflated premier prices, to play in what amounts to a 3 club house league. It's just stupid and asinine all the way around.
                And OYSA is a 1 club Timbers league. So your point is?

Comment

ya because that's such an easy solution for those of us who don't live in Portland
                  If you can't run with the big dogs, start your own local league...

Comment

If you can't run with the big dogs, start your own local league...
                    we run with the big dogs just fine, in fact we beat you every time we meet, we just don't have the population to support multiple clubs, thus the choice to leave the club were at just because we want to be in an OPL (or OYSA) league isn't there. That's a stupid selfish reason to yank our kids from where they are happy.

I really would like to see 1 parent who took their kid from the club their at so they could be at a club from the other side, your still playing in a split league seems really pointless at this point.

Comment

we run with the big dogs just fine, in fact we beat you every time we meet, we just don't have the population to support multiple clubs, thus the choice to leave the club were at just because we want to be in an OPL (or OYSA) league isn't there. That's a stupid selfish reason to yank our kids from where they are happy.

I really would like to see 1 parent who took their kid from the club their at so they could be at a club from the other side, your still playing in a split league seems really pointless at this point.
                      Lots of girls moved to OPL clubs this year, but not because of the split...

Comment

Speak for yourself, I'm fine with OPL, and what are you talking about inflated prices?? Fall league is free this year, how is that inflated??
                        Pretty clear that the poster was not referring to league fees specifically, but the thousands of dollars you are paying for club soccer, in order to play against teams from two other clubs.

Were your actual costs reduced in proportion to the parallel reduction in the quality of the league?

Comment

Pretty clear that the poster was not referring to league fees specifically, but the thousands of dollars you are paying for club soccer, in order to play against teams from two other clubs.

Were your actual costs reduced in proportion to the parallel reduction in the quality of the league?
                          The quality is the same as OYSA, anyone claiming otherwise is an idiot.

Comment

And OYSA is a 1 club Timbers league. So your point is?
                            My point, which I have no idea how you missed, is that BOTH leagues are crap. Yet idiotic parents end up defending whichever league they are in and pointing out how bad the other one is, rather than being completely pissed off at both sides.

For my part I have a kid in each league and they both suck equally and I am appalled that this idiotic split, of an already watered down talent base, is allowed to continue and will for the foreseeable future.

Comment

My point, which I have no idea how you missed, is that BOTH leagues are crap. Yet idiotic parents end up defending whichever league they are in and pointing out how bad the other one is, rather than being completely pissed off at both sides.

For my part I have a kid in each league and they both suck equally and I am appalled that this idiotic split, of an already watered down talent base, is allowed to continue and will for the foreseeable future.

That's what I say, the only difference is one league makes you drive from one end of the state to the other to play crap games and the other league requires you to drive down the street.

Comment

Call me an idiot

The quality is the same as OYSA, anyone claiming otherwise is an idiot.
                                I can see that you clearly were in speech and debate in high school as you support your arguments sooo well. Your house must be full of intelligent discussions.

One qualifying team from 2013 Fall NPL, FCSC, is in U14 girls 2014 NPL Div, (Thusc is not the same team post ecnl), the rest are B team fillers. OYSA U14G has 5. There is also a reason that LO and FCPdx Boys U14 are in the OYSA Prem league, they want good games and won't get them in OPL. U13G are fairly even, U12G are much stronger in OYSA, etc, etc.

Unification would be best for everyone, mostly the kids and their development, but let's not kid ourselves, OPL's NPL is a watered down rec league with mainly FCP giving it some strong teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X