Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ha! I second that. DD enjoyed it and felt challenged. Night 1 in the books and we're happy. Stay tuned to see if we're still singing the same happy song in 8-9 more weeks. We were at West RTC 02 girls.
    We were at the same one last night (West 2002 Girls). So far, seems to be better organized this year. At least they didn't do 25 minutes of juggling while the coach checked his cell phone messages. The Director talked to the parents and we have hopes for an exciting season. Sounds like they have some good stuff planned. Hope it lives up to expectations. My daughter said it was already better than last season.

Comment

We were at the same one last night (West 2002 Girls). So far, seems to be better organized this year. At least they didn't do 25 minutes of juggling while the coach checked his cell phone messages. The Director talked to the parents and we have hopes for an exciting season. Sounds like they have some good stuff planned. Hope it lives up to expectations. My daughter said it was already better than last season.
      My dd is part of the 03/04 West RTC and she came home excited to teach my wife and I her new moves she learned. I caught the first 35 minutes and last 30 minutes of the practice. Director spoke with us as well. We enjoyed the vision. I was very pleased to see how much time on the ball every girl received and how much instruction my daughter seemed to have received. I was very nervous with such a large pool of players, but we had 4 coaches all actively working. First night was good, hoping this was a one night thing.

Comment

My dd is part of the 03/04 West RTC and she came home excited to teach my wife and I her new moves she learned. I caught the first 35 minutes and last 30 minutes of the practice. Director spoke with us as well. We enjoyed the vision. I was very pleased to see how much time on the ball every girl received and how much instruction my daughter seemed to have received. I was very nervous with such a large pool of players, but we had 4 coaches all actively working. First night was good, hoping this was a one night thing.
        I second this - we were at the same one and are pretty encouraged by what we saw and heard. Coaching staff seems excellent and they worked on some good fundamentals. Our daughter enjoyed it and the thought the drills were fun. So far so good!

Comment

Wow, Vancouver B03/04 parents got class! Not.

Comment

How is the RTC on the girls side going in vantucky?

Comment

Ok so far.....

My kid plays for a marginal OPL club that is falling apart on the boys side so it seems like pretty good training so far, but I'm spending most of my time eating Voodoo Doughnuts so not paying that much attention. He likes it, that's all that matters.

Comment

How is the RTC on the girls side going in vantucky?
                The same as their club teams... horrible.

Comment

Rtc

On the boys side it rocks.

Comment

On the boys side it rocks.
                    Word on the street is that girls '02 West and East RTCs played each other over the weekend. What's the scoop on the two groups? I'm assuming they haven't been diluted by ecnl, yet.

Comment

Word on the street is that girls '02 West and East RTCs played each other over the weekend. What's the scoop on the two groups? I'm assuming they haven't been diluted by ecnl, yet.
                      Two years to young for ECNL.

Comment

So can someone explain to me the rationale for not doing ODP at the younger ages?

I get that it is unnecessary for many older kids, particularly for those with similar opportunities through other programs.

Extending it for the younger kids though seems like a great thing to participate in, as there are no other similar programs bringing kids together outside of their in house club environment. Is there anything I am missing on this?

Comment

I meant to say RTC, as actual ODP is for older players.

Comment

So can someone explain to me the rationale for not doing ODP at the younger ages?

I get that it is unnecessary for many older kids, particularly for those with similar opportunities through other programs.

Extending it for the younger kids though seems like a great thing to participate in, as there are no other similar programs bringing kids together outside of their in house club environment. Is there anything I am missing on this?
                            Our rationale was that we don't want our daughter getting burnt out on something. She's still young, and still loves other sports as well, and it's just one more thing for her to do. But I think overall the concept is good.

Comment

i think they call it selection bias? well, maybe that doesn't fit exactly. but if they thin the herd earlier and earlier, then the chances of missing out on finding a good player along the way increases. coaches and parents say, "well those are all the good players, so i'm only going to look there." players will say, "those are all the good players, so i might as well not even try."

basically that's kind of the argument, bend and southern oregon uses. and what eastern oregon should also use, if you only look over there, you're going to miss something over here.

Comment

Physical Development

i think they call it selection bias? well, maybe that doesn't fit exactly. but if they thin the herd earlier and earlier, then the chances of missing out on finding a good player along the way increases. coaches and parents say, "well those are all the good players, so i'm only going to look there." players will say, "those are all the good players, so i might as well not even try."

basically that's kind of the argument, bend and southern oregon uses. and what eastern oregon should also use, if you only look over there, you're going to miss something over here.
                                Another problem is that players mature at different rates. The players who suffer selection bias are the ones who didn't mature early and have growing to do. They get punished for that "gangly" period. Best to save the money for individual Speed and agility training along with some private training. Then when the growth spurt ends that have more control over their body and are faster/quicker with more individual skill than the ones who went to RTC practices.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X