X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp/rtc

Try-outs have begun, any thoughts?

How does the quality of the players look?

Any thoughts on the coaching staff?

I've got to say, I saw a lot of Nike bags mixed in with Adidas bags. The OPL and OYSA kids were mixing together like there was no difference. That was good to see.

I hope we can get some great teams out of this.

Didnt Go

I didnt go, something very wrong about ODP/RTC thing now that we have the TA, my son plays on a TA team but he knows its not right so when a 12 yr old gets its you know there is a problem, and before anyone says its only because my boy wouldn't make it hes made it for the last two years but turned it down because of the coaching staff being put forward and him being aware that his own team coach is better then the ones at RTC.

Again just our opinion and I know thats not held by everyone.

Comment

we werenot going to be put in a position of doing something that we feel is wrong or known to be in the top portion of are favorite TA and my son knows that and if he knows that then you better believe that we are going to follow his nose to the right play so no we know better. if you wanna do it you are gonna do it though and i'm not one to judge you for it.

everyone should make there own choices on this you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        we werenot going to be put in a position of doing something that we feel is wrong or known to be in the top portion of are favorite TA and my son knows that and if he knows that then you better believe that we are going to follow his nose to the right play so no we know better. if you wanna do it you are gonna do it though and i'm not one to judge you for it.

*** are you trying to say?

Comment

*** are you trying to say?
          What the blank...

Comment

?

Shouldnt drink this early....

Comment

OPL is not offering much for players that want more. ODP is the obvious place to go. I think most of the OPL players that play ODP will transfer to a Timbers team sooner or later if they are good players. I'm talking about the boys side...

Comment

I have no idea what you are saying. Did your son go???

Comment

My son went to the 02 Westside tryouts on Tuesday. A good mix of kids but Westside Timbers had the most kids by far. Not much coaching going on, they just broke them into groups and let them play and observed. My son enjoyed it, going again tonight.

Comment

My oldest DD did it two years. We're done. Not letting my youngest do it. It's fine, but like anything it has it good and bad. Just wasn't really worth it IMHO, between costs and travel time.

Comment

OPL is not offering much for players that want more. ODP is the obvious place to go. I think most of the OPL players that play ODP will transfer to a Timbers team sooner or later if they are good players. I'm talking about the boys side...
                      If you need ODP for extra training then your club is letting you down.

Comment

Odp/rtc gets really bad reviews on here. I am curious why the clubs still promote it? What does a club benefit?

Comment

Odp/rtc gets really bad reviews on here. I am curious why the clubs still promote it? What does a club benefit?
                          Clubs don't really promote it. Pool starts out huge then necks down to 22 at end for State team. Leaves a lot of angry families when kids get left behind. People with bad tastes in mouth for process may have axes to grind.

Comment

I'm a parent from a non TA team and in my humble opinion, I think it gets bad reviews for a few reasons, mostly unfounded. OPL clubs will bash it because it is Timbers run. Other non TA clubs don't promote as think they will lose their better players to TA teams and non TA clubs take offense that kids/parents would want to explore other options/coaching besides what their club has to offer.

Just like the idiot who keeps spouting "if you look at extra soccer options your club is failing you", that's just unjustified bashing. So if a kid wants to play more soccer, get different training and meet new kids from other clubs, then his/her club is a failure? Ridiculous. Oh course they never mention the amazing club that they are a part of because we would all flock to it....

Comment

I'm a parent from a non TA team and in my humble opinion, I think it gets bad reviews for a few reasons, mostly unfounded. OPL clubs will bash it because it is Timbers run. Other non TA clubs don't promote as think they will lose their better players to TA teams and non TA clubs take offense that kids/parents would want to explore other options/coaching besides what their club has to offer.

Just like the idiot who keeps spouting "if you look at extra soccer options your club is failing you", that's just unjustified bashing. So if a kid wants to play more soccer, get different training and meet new kids from other clubs, then his/her club is a failure? Ridiculous. Oh course they never mention the amazing club that they are a part of because we would all flock to it....
                              CFC! Onyx 3.0!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X