Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pdx/crossfire ecnl will win nwcl

looking at the schedules it's pretty obvious that FCPDX ECNL and Crossfire Oregon ECNL will win NWCL this year. I mean, they have the Elite players, right?

Between all of the development that has happened with those "in house" kids combined with the wonderful recruiting they have to be the favorites.

Ooooh boy. This should make for a lot of fun discussion.

Comment

agree

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      looking at the schedules it's pretty obvious that FCPDX ECNL and Crossfire Oregon ECNL will win NWCL this year. I mean, they have the Elite players, right?

Between all of the development that has happened with those "in house" kids combined with the wonderful recruiting they have to be the favorites.
      Yes, they should be the favorites. ...

Comment

GEEEZ, really?

I took a glance at the U14 Girls and here is what I see for the ECNL teams -

FCPDX- record - 3 wins, 1 tie and 3 losses

vs. WPFC 1-1
        vs Washington Rush 1-0
        vs FCSC 1-3
        vs Lake Washington Pirhanas 2-1
        vs FC Nova ECNL 1-2
        vs Eastside FC (WA) 0-1
        vs THUSC 4-0 THUSC shouldn't even be in this, Tom is failing his membership by allowing this.

Crossfire OR- 0 wins, 2 ties and 5 losses

vs. TBD 0-1....I don't even care who it is, they will lose
        vs Idaho Rush Premier 1-1...sounds like a painful game to watch
        vs Crossfire United (WA) 0-5+
        vs Eastside Aston Villa (OR) 0-3
        vs Seattle United Copa 0-1 (keep in mind this is a B team from Seattle United due to ECNL)
        vs Eastside White (WA) "B" team - 1-1
        vs Wenatchee Fire 1-2

Comment

GEEEZ, really?

vs. WPFC 1-1
          vs Washington Rush 1-0
          vs FCSC 1-3
          vs FC Nova ECNL 1-2
          vs Eastside FC (WA) 0-1
          vs THUSC 4-0 THUSC shouldn't even be in this, Tom is failing his membership by allowing this.

vs Seattle United Copa 0-1 (keep in mind this is a B team from Seattle United due to ECNL)
          vs Wenatchee Fire 1-2
          We should wait until after NWCL to have this discussion.

Comment

I like the predictions but the reality will be who comes to play and who does not.

U14 is a tough age all around with migrations taking place as the young ladies prepare for HS and further their soccer skills.

Do not underestimate the WA teams they have had some significant movement and as such may surprise some folks.

Comment

GEEEZ, really?

vs. WPFC 1-1
              vs Washington Rush 1-0
              vs FCSC 1-3
              vs FC Nova ECNL 1-2
              vs Eastside FC (WA) 0-1

vs Wenatchee Fire 1-2
              Another benefit of playing OPL as this is 1 of their better local tournaments/league. Also, hate to burst your bubble but Seattle United is sending their B team. My niece plays with them and only 1 girl was moved to their ECNL team at this age

Comment

Another benefit of playing OPL as this is 1 of their better local tournaments/league. Also, hate to burst your bubble but Seattle United is sending their B team. My niece plays with them and only 1 girl was moved to their ECNL team at this age
                Another benefit of playing OYSA/RCL - we get to do NWCL also

Comment

Plus the patch!

Comment

Depends.....

GEEEZ, really?

vs. WPFC 1-1
                    vs Washington Rush 1-0
                    vs FCSC 1-3
                    vs FC Nova ECNL 1-2
                    vs Eastside FC (WA) 0-1

vs Wenatchee Fire 1-2
                    Just like anything else, it depends on who sends what. I suspect CU and FCP will want to show well, so I would hasten to guess that they will send their 'A' players. Not sure that will be the case for the other clubs. NWCL hasn't always been taken very seriously. I do know that FCP U14 ECNL has had a couple of matches played via W.C.D.A. Not sure about CU. In W.C.D.A. play FCP they beat Crossifre WA (Crum) 2 - 0; They beat Eastside F.C. 2 - 0; and tied WPFC 00 ECNL 3 -3. So if that's the team they send to NWCL I would suspect they will do better then you expect. If they send the 'Navy' team that has been tooling around the Nike cup and the Chinook cup then your estimates above might be generous.

Now CU I don't have any info on. Last I saw them play was at the OPL state cup finals while waiting for my DS to play. It was FCP's 'Navy' team vs. United Silver prior to ECNL announcement. I think FCP won, but it looked a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off with a soccer ball amongst them.

Comment

This year.

Comment

This year.
                        And for years to come

Comment

Bet NWCL will change & allow top couple from opl & oysa next year. Realistically, they need as many decent teams as they can get, especially with some good clubs dropping out of NWCL.

Comment

Bet NWCL will change & allow top couple from opl & oysa next year. Realistically, they need as many decent teams as they can get, especially with some good clubs dropping out of NWCL.
                            No guarantees. Hoping and wishing will only get you so far. With all the feuding going on down here and with some of the weight being tossed around, you never know.

Comment

Not really hoping since my kids team isn't good enough either way but just don't see all the good Wash clubs staying in it if only opl teams (esp at u11-u14...). You're right though. Stubborn often wins over practical. No guarantees.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X