Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Wins

Well it looks like the Thorns Academy is getting that stiff competition that they promised from the FWRL. They crushed Pac NW Maroon 5 - 0 but just squeaked by the Girls from the Boise National soccer club 1-0.

Now what is the ECNL hater going to say about the comparative value of the ECNL wins against the Boise teams vs the Academy performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well it looks like the Thorns Academy is getting that stiff competition that they promised from the FWRL. They crushed Pac NW Maroon 5 - 0 but just squeaked by the Girls from the Boise National soccer club 1-0.

Now what is the ECNL hater going to say about the comparative value of the ECNL wins against the Boise teams vs the Academy performance?
      Actually, not a bad start at all. I still say Onyx would beat the Thorns Academy though.

Comment

I'm confused, I thought everyone was saying the FWRL competition wouldn't be good, and ECNL competition would be great.

Comment

I'm confused, I thought everyone was saying the FWRL competition wouldn't be good, and ECNL competition would be great.
          You are not confused. All of the top teams from WA are playing NWCL

Comment

You are not confused. All of the top teams from WA are playing NWCL
            Read clooooooossssseeeerrrrr. The wins for the Academy teams were in the Far West Regional League FWRL not the Northwest Champions League NWCL.

Comment

Read clooooooossssseeeerrrrr. The wins for the Academy teams were in the Far West Regional League FWRL not the Northwest Champions League NWCL.
              And against relatively weak teams at that. Doesn't say much about the quality of the Thorns Academy team. Still time to bail out...

Comment

$10,000 to play weak teams in NWCL and bad ECNL teams from Utah and Boise doesn't seem like a great deal. Are there better teams on the horizon or did Portland teams just get matched up with a bunch of bad teams? Will that change next year or is it just how it's going to work going forward?

Comment

$10,000 to play weak teams in NWCL and bad ECNL teams from Utah and Boise doesn't seem like a great deal. Are there better teams on the horizon or did Portland teams just get matched up with a bunch of bad teams? Will that change next year or is it just how it's going to work going forward?
                  I would say Crossfire Premier, WPFC, ad Eastside WA are some of the top clubs in the country

Comment

You can't be serious. If you are serious, you have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Comment

And against relatively weak teams at that. Doesn't say much about the quality of the ECNL team. Still time to bail out...
                      Were in for ECNL through it all. It's not about winning.

Comment

We played Utah and Boise team at home so it only cost us gas money so far. When we go to play Boise and Utah, it will cost us around $500.

NWCL was at home this last weekend so the cost again was only gas money.

We would have played NWCL with or without ECNL so the cost when we go up to Seattle would be the same with or without ECNL.

Comment

I would say Crossfire Premier, WPFC, ad Eastside WA are some of the top clubs in the country
                          These look like teams that you could easily play in tournaments and NWCL without the ECNL brand. Maybe I am wrong.

Comment

We played Utah and Boise team at home so it only cost us gas money so far. When we go to play Boise and Utah, it will cost us around $500.

NWCL was at home this last weekend so the cost again was only gas money.

We would have played NWCL with or without ECNL so the cost when we go up to Seattle would be the same with or without ECNL.
                            It is like watching someone play dodgeball the way you evade the question. Perhaps you don't know the answer. The question as I understood was. "Are we grouped with these teams in a transitional phase?", "can giid results move us into a better bracket?" "will there be better teams coming down the pike, or is this what we should get used to?"

If no one knows, then it is better to say that then do your little evasive routine.

Comment

Since it's a local tournament, ECNL girls wouldn't want to play in it. They enjoy traveling without their parents. Thursday through Sunday without their dad hanging around and only communicating via text. It's the best four days they can have.
                              I have no clue what the point of this post is.

Comment

It is like watching someone play dodgeball the way you evade the question. Perhaps you don't know the answer. The question as I understood was. "Are we grouped with these teams in a transitional phase?", "can giid results move us into a better bracket?" "will there be better teams coming down the pike, or is this what we should get used to?"

If no one knows, then it is better to say that then do your little evasive routine.
                                Utah and Boise are part of our conference exactly the same as Crossfire ECNL out of Seattle and WPFC. When we go to tournaments, we may not get to play the greats because we do not have the proven track record. Crossfire ECNL and WPFC might play Sporting Blue, Dallas Sting, Colorado Rush, etc. while we may be playing Alabama.

The reality is that you have to start somewhere and here we are. I am proud of what are girls are doing and it will get even better from here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X