Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you need RTC for development, your club is letting you down. Time to find a new club.
    True, but the sad thing is we will have to wait for spring to switch clubs. The situation at our club was kind of a bait and switch. Not what we were promised. But too early to jump ship now. Unfortunately (for our club), the RTC practices will be the time our kid plays with more (some of them) higher level players learning higher level concepts.

Comment

My son was not happy with the numbers either. He's talking about not accepting his position. What a let down.
      We already did (walk away from ODP). We are much happier with the better opportunities we have within our own club for higher level competition and coaching.

Comment

We already did (walk away from ODP). We are much happier with the better opportunities we have within our own club for higher level competition and coaching.
        Which club are you with? I'm having a hard time finding this for my kid.

Comment

Which club are you with? I'm having a hard time finding this for my kid.
          b'03 reds

Comment

b'03 reds
            10 YR olds right? geesh. They should be playing with coloring book and getting excited for their new 5th grade teachers. Lots of time for intense soccer talk.

Comment

10 YR olds right? geesh. They should be playing with coloring book and getting excited for their new 5th grade teachers. Lots of time for intense soccer talk.
              Dear b'03 reds,

Ignore the negative bs on this site. I'm glad your kid is happy and getting what he wants!

Comment

B-03 reds is a team, what club are you with? If it's WT-FC ten of his teammates felt differently.

Comment

For the Westside 03/04 boys, are the two pools listed on the website seperated by evaluation or age or what? Eastside has them seperated by year, Westside just says pool 1, pool 2. I know a couple of the kids in pool 1 and they are really good players. Dont recognize too many from pool 2.

Comment

For the Westside 03/04 boys, are the two pools listed on the website seperated by evaluation or age or what? Eastside has them seperated by year, Westside just says pool 1, pool 2. I know a couple of the kids in pool 1 and they are really good players. Dont recognize too many from pool 2.
                    Because they are not very good. Pool 2 is around to fill up spaces in pool 1 if bids are not excepted.

Comment

Because they are not very good. Pool 2 is around to fill up spaces in pool 1 if bids are not excepted.
                      westside decided to do it that way? I might prefer to have my kid try out on Eastside when he goes next year, I think I like thier style better. Competition is a good thing but for the 10 years olds the group has already self selected themselves as motivated to develop. Breaking them down to haves/havenots seems fine for a slightly older age group but I believe the best development occurs when there is a love for the game. I suppose at the end of the day you need positive and negative type of motivation to develop. I haven't been to an RTC try out so I haven't observed the skill difference amongs the trialists. If they shouldn't be there based on skill then shouldn't they be cut?

Comment

True, but the sad thing is we will have to wait for spring to switch clubs. The situation at our club was kind of a bait and switch. Not what we were promised. But too early to jump ship now. Unfortunately (for our club), the RTC practices will be the time our kid plays with more (some of them) higher level players learning higher level concepts.
                        What club?

Comment

When will they post the '01 Portland North pool?

Comment

'01 Portland North pool?

When will they post the '01 Portland North pool?
                            They have its on the Portland Timbers Web Site

Go to the Youth tab open it then click on RTC tab and you will see the boys 01 pool listed open it and it show the North region boy first

Comment

ODP Boy's roster posted on ODP website for Interregional event.

Comment

They have its on the Portland Timbers Web Site

Go to the Youth tab open it then click on RTC tab and you will see the boys 01 pool listed open it and it show the North region boy first
                                What about the girls?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X