Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened PTFC?

Thorns in their NWSL semi-final match today were outplayed, outscored and outclassed
    by Kansas City. No repeat championship.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thorns in their NWSL semi-final match today were outplayed, outscored and outclassed
    Lack of consistency in roster. They rarely have their starting line up together. They struggle with defensive disorganization and composure. Upon star player(s) returns they tend to fixate or defer to that player(s). I.e., kick it to the fast girl up front. KC play together using cunning runs and passes. They look to beat you with misdirection and well placed passes into situations conducive to individual skill. Thorns tend to rely on individual 1v1 skill or foot speed to create attacking or advancing opportunities.

Comment

Thorns just beat this team last month 7-1. No excuses for today's poor showing.

Comment

?

It mattered today. Last month not so much.

Comment

Did they bring in some girls from the Thorns academy?

Comment

Oh well it's just girls soccer. No biggie.

Comment

That 4-5-1 Thorns formation with only Alex Morgan up front was not a brilliant experiment.
              Now if she had only gotten a hat trick, I guess the coach would have been a genius, right?

Comment

That 4-5-1 Thorns formation with only Alex Morgan up front was not a brilliant experiment.
                Now if she had only gotten a hat trick, I guess the coach would have been a genius, right?
                The coach did add a second forward at some point in the second half...too little, too late.

Comment

The coach did add a second forward at some point in the second half...too little, too late.
                  Timbers Bootball. Live by the sword, die by the sword...

Comment

Paul Riley has been terrible all year. Mana shim was great for us last year and barely got on the field this year. Morgan is lazy and overrated and honestly the more I watch Tobin Heath the less impressed I was with her. I have season tickets and didn't miss a game, still love my team but there needs to be a change at head coach. the fact that a team with this much talent underachieve so badly is ridiculous

Comment

Paul Riley has been terrible all year. Mana shim was great for us last year and barely got on the field this year. Morgan is lazy and overrated and honestly the more I watch Tobin Heath the less impressed I was with her. I have season tickets and didn't miss a game, still love my team but there needs to be a change at head coach. the fact that a team with this much talent underachieve so badly is ridiculous
                      I don't think a lot of US women's coaches and players know how to play with Tobin. Her style is more akin to men's or emerging international play.

Comment

Coach had plenty of excuses after the game deflecting from the poor performance of him and the team...

Comment

Coach had plenty of excuses after the game deflecting from the poor performance of him and the team...
                          Pathethic! Own up to the fact that you and your team choked.

Comment

Send it long in hopes your fast forward can get to the ball first doesn't always work. Unfortunately, it works sometimes & seems to be the main choice of soccer in the USA. My dd's youth team does the same kick it long to the super fast forward and it often works like a charm. The crowd of parents always cheer like crazy - even when it doesn't work. "Almost!" "Next time!"

Comment

Didn't see the Thorns game, but pretty sure it wasn't the worse PTFC game of the weekend.

Timbers sell-out every game, but have only 16 points from 13 home games . . . and have given up 4 goals at home to their biggest rival TWICE this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X