X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM dumping Smithtown

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All of Smithtown's teams are making EMSC look good! Why would they turn their back on them? Makes zero sense. Some of these high priced EM trainers/staff shopping themselves around?

Something smells pretty bad here.... The DOC of Farmingdale also a EM trainer brings his teams over. Some wheeling and dealing and shady stuff going down.
    Good point! Smithtown's NPL Teams all performing very well.

Comment

Farmingdale's DoC is also a coach at NY Surf. With NY Surf failing hard, and KK swooping in to replace them at Stony Brook, having Farmingdale look for a new dance partner other than Surf was a no-brainer.

Comment

Farmingdale's DoC is also a coach at NY Surf. With NY Surf failing hard, and KK swooping in to replace them at Stony Brook, having Farmingdale look for a new dance partner other than Surf was a no-brainer.
        Scratch that, Chris Roche is the Farmingdale College woman's coach, not the DoC at Farmingdale youth soccer. But I still think that he has something to do with this decision.

Comment

Scratch that, Chris Roche is the Farmingdale College woman's coach, not the DoC at Farmingdale youth soccer. But I still think that he has something to do with this decision.
          Pure speculation, but I do too...he was entrenched in Farmingdale youth soccer for a while and involved in some of their most successful teams (I'm talking kids who are college age now). Lots of grumbling from folks at Massapequa who are unhappy with the EDP situation and Surf falling apart at the seams puts Farmingdale in a prime position right now. Automatic entrance to some of the top showcases and tournaments, plus getting to call yourself "ECNL" (albeit regional ECNL) is still a draw for a lot of folks!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Pure speculation, but I do too...he was entrenched in Farmingdale youth soccer for a while and involved in some of their most successful teams (I'm talking kids who are college age now). Lots of grumbling from folks at Massapequa who are unhappy with the EDP situation and Surf falling apart at the seams puts Farmingdale in a prime position right now. Automatic entrance to some of the top showcases and tournaments, plus getting to call yourself "ECNL" (albeit regional ECNL) is still a draw for a lot of folks!
            So chase the letters, ruin your child's love of the sport, and pay the top dollars! All for mediocre soccer... your choice!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

So chase the letters, ruin your child's love of the sport, and pay the top dollars! All for mediocre soccer... your choice!
              Yeah, and maybe they'll even see the field after they've vacuumed the cash out of your pockets! LOL!

Comment

Not talking about my kid, she's happily planted at her club, committed to her top choice school and prepping for collegiate play. Does that mean I'm barred from posting?

Comment

All of Smithtown's teams are making EMSC look good! Why would they turn their back on them? Makes zero sense. Some of these high priced EM trainers/staff shopping themselves around?

Something smells pretty bad here.... The DOC of Farmingdale also a EM trainer brings his teams over. Some wheeling and dealing and shady stuff going down.
                  Smithtown soccer is terrible. Please stop drinking and really think to yourself if your statement made any sense. Smithtown making EMSC look good?? Northeast NPL??? Playing teams 3 sometimes 4th teams and you are on here with your chest out?

You are what is wrong with LI soccer.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Smithtown soccer is terrible. Please stop drinking and really think to yourself if your statement made any sense. Smithtown making EMSC look good?? Northeast NPL??? Playing teams 3 sometimes 4th teams and you are on here with your chest out?

You are what is wrong with LI soccer.
                    My friend look in the mirror!

Comment

My friend look in the mirror!
                      Mic drop

Comment

I agree if you're talking U13 and under, but by about U14/U15 you should know if your kid might have aspirations to play past HS. If so, you're only making it harder on your kid and yourself if you continue to deny that leagues matter.
                        The introduction of GDA has changed the landscape greatly. Gone are the days of the one-off teams getting buzz and attention and the bastardization of USYS/EDP did not help matters.

Comment

Mic drop
                          You think I am from EM? You are mistaken. You are the one who thinks you are going to outsmart the masses. And please do not tell me you are not trying to get your kid into college and they just play for the love of the game. If that was the case you wouldnt be on here trying to get the scoop!

Mic drop that dipsh!t

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

You think I am from EM? You are mistaken. You are the one who thinks you are going to outsmart the masses. And please do not tell me you are not trying to get your kid into college and they just play for the love of the game. If that was the case you wouldnt be on here trying to get the scoop!

Mic drop that dipsh!t
                            what is this mic drop crap? do we have teenie boppers on this thread now????!!!!!

Comment

I agree if you're talking U13 and under, but by about U14/U15 you should know if your kid might have aspirations to play past HS. If so, you're only making it harder on your kid and yourself if you continue to deny that leagues matter.
                              The introduction of GDA has changed the landscape greatly. Gone are the days of the one-off teams getting buzz and attention and the bastardization of USYS/EDP did not help matters.
                              Couldn't agree more

Comment

Please tell me how many long island teams have won a national championships or even a New York team?? I can tell you Tom lips has won a national championship with his Smithtown Kickers Arsenal team. You can say what you want about Smithtown kickers but I have 3 kids in the program and are very happy. Kids are happy and thats all that really matters at the end of the day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X