Is NYSC Political

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSC has a reputation of being political for a good reason. That is not to say it isn't a good club or that they don't offer a decent product but there are cases where there's clearly some BS going on. Saying this as a person who, while we were there, was not affected by the maneuvers. We did witness and often wondered how they could do some things and keep a straight face though.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NYSC has a reputation of being political for a good reason. That is not to say it isn't a good club or that they don't offer a decent product but there are cases where there's clearly some BS going on. Saying this as a person who, while we were there, was not affected by the maneuvers. We did witness and often wondered how they could do some things and keep a straight face though.
      soccer as a game is all BS.....not like track, wrestling, boxing, swimming. (in these real sports) you know without a shadow of a doubt who the better athletes are....its not subject to anyone's opinion.

Comment

soccer as a game is all BS.....not like track, wrestling, boxing, swimming. (in these real sports) you know without a shadow of a doubt who the better athletes are....its not subject to anyone's opinion.
        Why do read Talking soccer and not talking wrestling. Go chat about track and swimming if you want. No one is stopping you.

Comment

The only place politics are reduced is at MLS clubs where parents aren't paying, the best players play (most times) and the club basically owns your kid. Even then there's degrees of politics, but at least it's reduced. There's politics at every club. The question is how much is there and how much are you willing to tolerate vs the quality of training your kid is getting.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Why do read Talking soccer and not talking wrestling. Go chat about track and swimming if you want. No one is stopping you.
            well then everyone should stop b_tching, crying and complaining that this coach said this and did that to his/her kid, or the club lied about this/that and selected players that are not that good....you and your brat kid chose soccer...so sorry, but all this BS comes with the game...its your responsibility as an adult to accept it and not complain when the calls are not made in your favor (for whatever the reason)....Like I said....You Chose This.

Comment

well then everyone should stop b_tching, crying and complaining that this coach said this and did that to his/her kid, or the club lied about this/that and selected players that are not that good....you and your brat kid chose soccer...so sorry, but all this BS comes with the game...its your responsibility as an adult to accept it and not complain when the calls are not made in your favor (for whatever the reason)....Like I said....You Chose This.
              Your post makes you sound really angry...I posted about this issue in the past. The problem is I didn't pick this sport. I hate soccer (ok actually I am starting to like it), it is my kid that chose soccer. As a parent, I try to understand why some of these kids are chosen to play up, get extra practices that other kids aren't invited to, and play in additional games. I try to understand why the coaches pontificate about what they expect out of their players but then the ones who break the rules every time are the ones they play and "try" to develop the most. The kids they love are the ones who consistently head down dribble and either don't pass and lose the ball, pass behind the intended target or straight up pass to the other team. They are also typically the bullies on the team that kick the ball away from other kids, mess around during warm-up and goof-off during practice.

My kid is young and I am trying to be objective about what I have been observing. I don't come from a history of soccer so I am trying to observe as a disconnected outsider but since my kid plays I agree I have some bias. That being said, it is really difficult to understand why some coaches pick their favorite players. It certainly isn't from the play on the field. Right now I can only assume it has to do with parent involvement of some form. It looks like the parents that don't "accept it" the most get their kids special treatment.

Comment

This is one of the most straight up stupidest posts that I have ever read.

Let us sum up the positions as stated:

1. It is acceptable for the club to select poor players based on politics
                2. It is acceptable if the club lies to parents
                3. After having been lied to or treated poorly, it is the responsibility of the paying adult to accept this and never complain

This is a very interesting take.

Comment

Here's where I've seen players get "special treatment":

-They are really good, and FDB dad is always leveraging that they have better offers

-They are close with the coach in some way

-Kids who show up early, stay late, listen, behave, and are asking for me. They may not be the best kids on the team, but they show they are the most willing to improve.

You'd be surprised how often it's the last item listed there. Coaches aren't always interested in a player, especially at a young age, who may look to be the best player on the pitch from the parent's sideline. Most, or at least the good ones, are looking at where that player can go vs. where they are now.

Comment

Here's where I've seen players get "special treatment":

-They are really good, and FDB dad is always leveraging that they have better offers

-They are close with the coach in some way

-Kids who show up early, stay late, listen, behave, and are asking for me. They may not be the best kids on the team, but they show they are the most willing to improve.

You'd be surprised how often it's the last item listed there. Coaches aren't always interested in a player, especially at a young age, who may look to be the best player on the pitch from the parent's sideline. Most, or at least the good ones, are looking at where that player can go vs. where they are now.
                    Not at my kids club and I admit I am perplexed as I would think you would be right. For my kids club the kids that fit the last item seem to not get any special treatment. I think your item 1 (although the kid is decent not exceptional) is what I think is happening.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

This is one of the most straight up stupidest posts that I have ever read.

Let us sum up the positions as stated:

1. It is acceptable for the club to select poor players based on politics
                      2. It is acceptable if the club lies to parents
                      3. After having been lied to or treated poorly, it is the responsibility of the paying adult to accept this and never complain

This is a very interesting take.

Yes, it comes with the game....case in point....for the US world cup team in 2012 the head coach jurgon klinsman (forgive me for his name spelling) would not allow Landon Donovan (the MLS leading scorer for multiple years) on the US world cup team.....But he was the best...how could Jurgen not allow him on the team? The leading MLS scorer?....hey it happens at all levels of soccer....so yes, If this is your kids chosen game to play, its not a secrete that unfairness is rampant with soccer....as is life is unfair....so you will just have to "suck it up, buttercup". Nothing will change no matter how much you cry, B_tch and complain.

If you want fairness....join boxing, If you win....you earned it...if you get knocked out in front of a 1000 people, you got no one to blame but yourself....this is fairness in its purest form.

So don't come here on an anonymous public forum and complain...like i said....you chose this.

Comment

^^ Landon wasn't the best any longer. Klinsman wanted him to take a lesser role, and he didn't want to. So, as a message to the team, he cut him.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

^^ Landon wasn't the best any longer. Klinsman wanted him to take a lesser role, and he didn't want to. So, as a message to the team, he cut him.
                          Landon is the MLS all time leading scorer....Landon and Jurgen had personal issues, Jurgen could not put personal issues aside (as any professional would) .....in the end... in a tight game looking on the bench you would want to see your MLS all time leading scorer ready for action.

I was a fan of Jurgen....but as always he let his personal issues get in the way of sound judgment.....case in point....BS comes with the game from youth level to world teams.

Another case in point....the same world cup year....Greeces Head coach (from portugal i think) walked off the job (during shootouts!!!!!) because he was being told which players should take the kicks???!!!......POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!everywhere.... all the time with soccer....its not a surprise.

Comment

Yes, it comes with the game....case in point....for the US world cup team in 2012 the head coach jurgon klinsman (forgive me for his name spelling) would not allow Landon Donovan (the MLS leading scorer for multiple years) on the US world cup team.....But he was the best...how could Jurgen not allow him on the team? The leading MLS scorer?....hey it happens at all levels of soccer....so yes, If this is your kids chosen game to play, its not a secrete that unfairness is rampant with soccer....as is life is unfair....so you will just have to "suck it up, buttercup". Nothing will change no matter how much you cry, B_tch and complain.

If you want fairness....join boxing, If you win....you earned it...if you get knocked out in front of a 1000 people, you got no one to blame but yourself....this is fairness in its purest form.

So don't come here on an anonymous public forum and complain...like i said....you chose this.

Yeah bullsh-t happens everywhere but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. Just saying that NYSC had a lot of strange stuff going on and we don't miss that part of the program at all.

Comment

Landon was the MLS leading scorer. Leading USMNT scorer too.

Doesn't change the fact he was not the player he was and couldn't accept a role where he wasn't going to be the leading #10.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Landon was the MLS leading scorer. Leading USMNT scorer too.

Doesn't change the fact he was not the player he was and couldn't accept a role where he wasn't going to be the leading #10.
                                in the end.....the team did poorly in the tournament....jurgens should have got him on the team fault with jurgen and his personal issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X